Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Klipsch RC-64 II Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker - Each (Cherry)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

100%

on April 1, 2011
First thing you should know is that this unit is large. Pay special attention to the dimensions and weight. I have had mine for over a year now as I write this review. A lot of entertainment centers will not be able to support 50 lbs. so this may not be for you, in spite of the price tag. If it is hard to get your mind around a center Chanel that cost over a grand this is not for you. This center channel will make good recordings sound like crap, and crapy recordings sound even worse. The payoff is that your very good recordings become incredible. I can hear something new each time I listen to this center channel. It is like putting all your recordings and movies under a telescope. You can hear can hear singers breath between notes, you can hear the friction of fingers on a guitar; you can hear the director say cut. It will give you chills. It is extremely efficient and requires very little power. In fact I have my sub-woofer all the way up and this center channel only on 2. Don't let the price scare you it is worth every penny.
review image review image
on October 29, 2013
I'll leave the detailed audio reviews to the audiophile sites. However, this is an incredible center channel that can produce great dynamics and very life-like voices.

Here are some things I noticed that others haven't mentioned:

-The Klipsch packing is outstanding and provides the speaker with good protection during shipping.
-The build quality is just incredible
-It comes with some screw-in feet to tilt the speaker upward if needed
-It looks even better than in the pictures on the internet
-It's not ported, so, if needed, you can sit it flush against a wall/entertainment center (besides connecting speaker cables)
on May 31, 2013
I upgraded this center speaker with the reference 7II speakers and use them for Movies and music and feel it was money well spent. I have been using the polk lsi speakers and center speaker which I have relegated to the bedroom. I think these speakers are particularly good for movies and rock music and can pump out more than ample clean sound. I have used these speakers for about 3 months now. Also the build quality is the best I have owned. This center speaker balances well with the 7lls.
on December 21, 2015
If you can afford it and are ready to play with the big boys then look no farther!
I knew returning my RP-450C and getting this one would do the trick and OH Boy did it!

Again, if you can afford it, don't even waste your $700 on the RP, go for the Real Klipsch

The highs are amazing. With my sub woofer off I can still feel the bass coming from this center channel and the voices on tv and in movies sound alive.

This speaker simply is IN YOUR FACE with such pure Klipsch Sound. Everything about it is so amazing.

They added a simple long screw with a rubber foot so I can adjust the height of the front of it and aim it perfectly. You can use the rod for raising the rear as well if it were mounted at a higher level.

Quality craftsmanship not found in the RP series.

The feel and weight of this speaker when opening the box tells you something for real is about to happen ! LOL

There is nothing better than a speaker still made in Hope Arkansas signed by the inspector on the serial number sticker!
on April 6, 2014
First lets just take a moment to recognize its beautiful; looks even better in the room, but the fidelity of the sound is really quite exceptional. I pulled out some movies that I knew had scenes where the dialogue was difficult to hear, and it came right through. The vocals tones of the actors dialogue is also very natural. Fantastic addition to any home entertainment system.
on February 22, 2016
I added this to My RF 7-II L and R speakers. My rating reflects going from a 2.1 to a 3.1 setup.
If you are looking to buy this speaker by itself then you are probably in a similar situation to me and this review should be helpful. It doesn't by any means reflect a comparison of center channel speakers in the marketplace or even a value proposition because audio is so subjective.

When I bought my RF-7s I thought I was making a good choice for music and movies. I don't believe in having tons of equipment all over the place for very specific purposes when one setup could accomplish both things well. While not exactly an audiophile setup they did sound absolutely great: detailed and articulate with room-filling sound and deep but quick bass. Not to mention how LOUD they could get and still sound clean. Makes me wish for a much larger living room.
Movies and TV were a somewhat different story. In the modern age of multi-channel audio mixing a center channel into your front LR speakers can easily drown out detail and nuanced sounds coming from screen-center such as dialog, footsteps, the crunching of frozen ground underfoot, etc. Even native 2-channel sources suffer from this. Add to that the problem of reproducing reference sound levels designed for very loud and very quiet sounds in the same scene as is the case with almost all Blu Rays mixed for theater systems with high dynamic range sound setups and a stereo-only setup quickly loses definition.
So I started looking for a center channel. I was worried about a mismatch in power between the RF 7s and their huge 10" woofers and the typical 3.5"-4" woofers you see in other centers. I went with the RF-64-II honestly because it's from the same generation/size/quality tier from Klipsch. The RF64-II and their cavernous chamber and 4x6.5" woofers easily keep up with the RF7s and delivers the power to anchor dialog close/center sounds right to the screen. I was initially expecting to have to boost the center channel volume through my receiver but realized it wasn't necessary at all and have kept it at default levels.

If you are sitting on RF-7s or other larger 8"+ woofer towers (especially other Kipsch models) for your home theater then the RF-64 II is a great choice that matches well. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it if you aren't already the owner of some large modern fronts.

Additionally, it is beautiful. I purchased a B-Stock unit from Sound Sellers. The only difference as far as I could tell was that the holes for the standoffs to tilt the speaker upwards were unaligned. This was not a problem for me as it lies flat in my system but if I wanted to tilt it up it would be a simple matter to buy a pack of sticky felt pads and stack 2-3 to get the proper angle. I feel like I got a great deal.

In summation if you have big towers like the RF-7s and a weak center or no center and feel like your movies are lacking, get this.
on December 26, 2012
Very big & expensive....but well worth it . Fills room with a good sound and no problem having a low volume and not having good clarity. Louder you crank it up the better it sounds. As with any speaker having a good to high quality receiver is a big part.
on December 18, 2012
Replaced KLF-C7 with RC-64 II and it made a big difference, particularly in vocal clarity. A change worth making. Worth the money.
on June 22, 2015
Excellent center speaker, especially for the money. Excellent delivery, including packaging.
on October 14, 2014