Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on May 28, 2017
We bought this to share with our grandson. He is ten years old. We had seen it at the theater with our sons. He enjoyed it and got the point that if you make one change in your life, you can change the future. He was tense at the point when Marty needs to return to the future. We enjoyed watching it again, too, and watching him enjoy it.
on March 7, 2018
I hadn't seen this movie since I was a kid. I remembered the basic story line and still enjoyed watching it. I probably should have previewed it before letting my boy watch it. It's not horrible but it's difficult to explain to a kid that Biff was sexually assaulting Lorraine in the car at the dance. And I don't think he caught it so I didn't have to explain why Biff's posse called the bands bassist a spook. Sprinkled withing is some other minor profanity. Anyway I only write this in case you are a guy like me who just remembers the story line - watch the thing first before letting your kids watch it. As an adult the movie is great.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 31, 2015
This movie is a classic! I haven't watched this movie since it came out in the 80's, and I found myself chuckling all the way through it. After watching the first movie, I couldn't wait to sit down and watch the second and third ones. Michael J. Fox is the perfect Marty McFly character; I simply can not imagine anyone else playing him as deftly as Fox does. His portrayal is the centerpin, with his energy, youthful comic timing, and his everyman characterization. You feel like Michael J. Fox IS Marty McFly. Christopher Lloyd is the ideal Doc Brown, and all the supporting cast is wonderful. Watching all the scrapes Doc and Marty get in and out of is delightful.
I thoroughly enjoyed the music for the movie, too. Huey Lewis's "The Power of Love" at the beginning of the movie is the perfect energy and intro to the movie. Then, the cameo of Huey Lewis as one of the music critics cements the music in your memory. Watching and listening to Marty portraying Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode" is both funny and mesmerizing.
Five stars!
on May 12, 2016
I put this film in the same canon as 2001 A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, the original Star Wars and Brazil (which was also released in 1985!). All these films depict a futuristic world and tells a story that completely holds up years after they were produced. There is nothing "campy" or "cringe-worthy" about this film, even though it was produced in era where almost all it's contemporaries were both ("Teen Wolf" and "Real Genius" anyone?). I'm so glad that Zemeckis and Gale have vowed never to allow a re-boot in their lifetimes. This film stands tall on it's own.
on June 15, 2017
5 STAR PLUS! Great story line. Christopher Lloyd & Michael J Fox are at the top of their game! I thoroughly enjoyed this movie series, & have watched all three films in the series over & over. It just never gets old. :) jlp
on November 6, 2011
What can I say? Back to the Future(1985) is still a classic. I first saw this film at a barbecue in 1993 on VHS. Director Robert Zemeckis(Romancing the Stone) and writer/producer Bob Gale show off their love for The Time Machine, Time After Time, The Twilight Zone, Preston Sturges movies, and even Disney movies such as The Absent Minded Professor(1961) and Son of Flubber(1963). Michael J. Fox plays Marty McFly, a teenager from Hill Valley, California in the year 1985. He comes from an unhappy family and he's friends with the eccentric Doc Brown(Christopher Lloyd). A mishap with Doc Brown's DeLorean time machine leaves Marty stuck in the year 1955. Marty meets his parents as teenagers in 1955 and he has to deal with the overbearing bully Biff Tannen(Thomas F. Wilson). Doc Brown must use his wits to return Marty McFly to the year 1985. Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale jam packed Back to the Future with suspense. He has to make sure his parents fall in love or he'll cease to exist. He also has to prevent Doc Brown's death in the year 1985. Alan Silvestri's epic, sweeping, energetic, multi-layered music scores for all three Back to the Future movies sound great.
People are already aware of certain facts. Eric Stoltz played Marty McFly for a few weeks before he was recast with Michael J. Fox. Doc Brown originally had a pet chimp and the time machine was a modified refrigerator in an early draft. There's a deleted scene that explains how Marty McFly(disguised as an alien)escapes from his father's house. Marty sees his mom cheating on a test. This could explain why George McFly insinuates that Lorraine cheated during a tennis game in 1985. Back to the Future's success spawned good things and bad things. It spawned two solid sequels and a cartoon show on CBS. It also spawned an awful Back to the Future Nintendo game and Time Chasers(1994), a low budget, poor man's Back to the Future. Back to the Future The Ride at Universal Studios was cool and I got a chance to ride it before it closed down in 2007. Douglas Trumbull's visual effects for the ride were first rate! Back to the Future(1985) deserves a place in your home video collection.
Prior to its DVD release, this VIDEO CD (VCD) was the only small disc format that BACK TO THE FUTURE was available on. VCDs will work on dedicated VCD players, most DVD units, PCs, and some game consoles. They're stil very popular in Asia.

(NOTE: Manufacturer here is Eureka-Movies of Malaysia. They have a website.)

In the initial film of the Bob Zemeckis BACK TO THE FUTURE series, we meet for the first time teenaged Marty McFly and his family, plus his eccentric inventor friend Doc Brown, high school bully Biff Tannen and the rest.

After Marty accidentally travels backwards in time to 1955 in Doc's plutonium-charged DeLorean, he interacts with his mom and dad before they became a couple, which threatens the very existence of Marty and his siblings. Now Marty must return to the past and try to set things right before he simply disappears. If successful, he then has to find a way to go: back to the future!

A modern classic if ever there was one. (It's the power of love!)

Parenthetical number preceding title is a 1 to 10 IMDb viewer poll rating.

(8.5) Back to the Future (1985) - Michael J. Fox/Christopher Lloyd/Lea Thompson/Crispin Glover/Marc McClure/Wendie Jo Sperber/Thomas F. Wilson/Claudia Wells/Casey Siemaszko/Billy Zane (uncredited: Huey Lewis)
VINE VOICEon June 11, 2014
We watched this movie for the first time in many years because our grown daughter had seen it again after a long time and said she enjoyed it very much. Sure enough the movie charmed us again and we had a good time laughing along with it for almost two hours.

My wife, who is not a fan of this sort of movie, had fun watching it and stayed through the entire movie and that is a big compliment as she will walk out the moment the movie stops holding her attention in a pleasant and entertaining way.

After watching it I have developed an interest in seeing the other two although our daughter warned us they are not as good as the first one. I'm going to see for myself and if they are even half way acceptable as sequels I'll probably buy the Blu-ray Trilogy set.

This one I can recommend for the entire family.
on October 22, 2015
I really love this movie.

What upsets me is the fact I'm paying a monthly fee for Prime, and the movie was not presented in the theatrical aspect ratio. Instead, it was presented in 16 by 9 aspect, which is still cropped down from the original theatrical aspect. I hate not getting ALL I am paying for and expect.

That's the only reason I gave 4 stars.
on February 8, 2016
My wife talked me into it; I enjoyed it. It's a 1980s movie. Michael J. Fox is a young actor. It's plot depends upon the concept of a "Time Machine". If you buy into that (and we did), you are assured of a delightful evening as Michael J. Fox meets his to be father and mother. Concerned that his future mother and father might not get married and hence he will have not story, Mr. Fox does his best to ensure that his future folks do, in fact, get married. Entertaining and funny. But, you have to accept some fantasy. If you do, you will enjoy it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse