Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on April 1, 2013
I purchased this for the iPhone 3GS. It is a perfect fit.

You must have kept the following parts from your old cable:
* The vibrate switch rocker assembly (but not the switch itself. It must be carefully separated from the metal bracket. This is the most troublesome part of the install, in my opinion. I accidentally broke this brittle bracket, and alignment of the switch is very tedious. My switch isn't as solid as it once was...so just be very careful, and you'll fare better than me)
* The volume switch metal backing plate
* The power/hold switch plastic backing plate

The cable has a special adhesive with peal-away stickers in multiple places, exactly where the old cable had it. You must carefully apply these to the original parts as listed above, and on the body of the phone. (The only exception is the missing adhesive on the flex cable surrounding the headphone jack...but it doesn't really need any)

As stated in other reviews, the volume and hold/power buttons definitely do have a more pronounced and definite "click" feeling. The buttons are more firm, but in a good/solid way. The headphone jack works perfectly, including stereo, microphone, and remote control features.

Just take your time. You'll need a decent micro-tool set to get the job done right.
on August 16, 2012
If you have the option, you might want to get one with the volume, headphone jack and on/off switch already attached to the ribbon. It would be worth a few extra bucks and save you a bit of time.

But it did work to repair my broken on-off switch. It's an almost exact copy of Apples original. You'll need an exacto knife, tweezers, some extra two sided tape and a photographic memory for how you took apart the old one.

iFixit will get you to removing the old cable, but you're on your own as to how to re-stick all the attachments to the replacement. Start dissembling from the on-off switch and work your way to the volume rockers and reassemble the same way. However it works better to screw in the volume rockers first, then work your way over to screw in the on/off switch. Tape the mute button in it's mute position and the mute switch positioned up (check that) and it should install ok.

All in all, it's doable with a good tear-down guide, a magnetic screwdriver, lots of patience and your cat locked up in another room.
on October 14, 2011
Bought this to replace the power button on my iPhone 3g which I have been resuscitating from a quick dip in the ocean a few years back. My issue was that after replacing the home button, battery, and now this flex cable, the phone wouldn't stay on unless it was plugged in. I knew it had something to do with the power button since it offered to power off after booting up. Since this cable didn't fix the problem, I realized the issue must be either in the connector or on the PCB itself. After careful inspection, I discovered a bridge of some contaminant between the pins where this cable meets the connector. After scraping it clean and reassembly, the phone works great. Buy this if you're sure you need it, otherwise check for corroded contacts or some other contaminant on the phone first.
on June 4, 2012
Bought this cable to fix the power button in my iPhone 3GS. The quality of the product is great, like the factory cable. Took a while to swap out the cables but everything works perfectly now: the mute button, sound buttons, headphone jack, and the power button. The response of pressing any of those is better and more satisfying then the original factory cable. Only negative thing is that the cable didn't come with adhesive on part that wraps around the headphone jack, but nothing a drop of glue can't fix. Overall, this is a great quality product for a great price.
on July 7, 2013
My sleep/wake button on my iPhone 3G had stopped working, so I purchased this item, having a DIY project. It came in great packing, considering it is very small and flimsy, easily broken. It was identical to the part I was replacing, have being labeled Apple with a copyright date, obviously brand new having plastic cover the adhesive in very small areas. The only trouble I had was my fault, installation being very tricky, as it involves adhesives and many very small parts. This is a great part and works perfectly.
on September 1, 2011
I found no problems with this at all. It included the adhesive tape which was was great. The real trouble is getting the iPhone completely dissembled. It's easy but a bit time consuming. Remember to map out where your screws went! The only issue I had after installing this was that my camera didn't work at all. I don't think these are related, it may of been something when I pulled the logic board out and released the camera from it's plastic enclosure... It's connected properly but IDK! I needed this because my power button was severed from the flex cable. I NEEDED that power button for DFU mode. All in all, good product for me!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2013
It's a little harder than it looks to change the whole piece but overall it feels brand new when you press down the buttons like the volume and off button. One thing is that the silent switch is kinda of tricky but it works. when I pulled the old cable out I had the silent switch taken out and I didn't realize that this piece had a small rubber that holds the switch and I thought it was dirt and almost took it out but I kinda mess it up so the only problem that I have is the silent switch... lol
on September 29, 2012
Quality product. Product was exactly as described. Cheap price. Fast Shipping. Great Seller and highly recomend buying from them again. The only reason that I did not give this a five star rating is because I did not realize that it did not include the pieces such as the plastic piece which the screws go into to hold the lock/unlock button to the housing. Have to take them off of the old cable and stick to the new cable. A little more work than expected.
on April 23, 2013
Buy the complete rear case with ALL wiring AND the battery online for $30 and save yourself $50 worth of grief!
on February 6, 2013
"Haha these guys accidentally sent me two instead of one! Oh well. I've got a spare now! Also I don't know what the deal is with people saying that the tabs don't have adhesive? Both of mine have adhesive and if you pay attention to where the holes in the edges are and check the guides on ifixit you can do great. Make sure you keep close track of which screw goes where, I know they look similar!"

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.