Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on January 19, 2011
I purchased this little TV as a gift for my wife. It was easy to set up. Directions were good. Exercise a little caution when extending and retracting the antenna. It's a little tricky and you could easily break it if you force it the wrong way. I live outside of Philadelhia, PA so there are a several local stations which the TV setup program found. The picture clarity is excelent, and especially so on HD channels. The sound is like listening to an old fashiond cheap ear bud. If you can live with the sound it seems to be a great little TV. It has been plugged in since a few days after Christmas and my wife is happy with it except for the sound.
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2011
Just as other reviewers have said, the VIZIO VMB070 is a great TV... but if they'd only improve ONE thing, it would be an EXCELLENT TV. YES...the audio is truly uncharacteristic of what I expected from a unit of this quality.

Anyway, when comparing the Vizio to the Haier 7" (HLT71) which I also have, the Vizio DOES win...even with its dreadful audio.

What's better about the Vizio? First, the controls. It's more user friendly that the Haier. It's even better than the Haier when you don't have the remote on hand and must use the TV's own buttons. The Vizio's are touch sensitive and super-impose your actions on the screen when the buttons are pressed. The Vizio's remote is superior to the Haier and has good "click" action when a button is pressed.

Reception...is better on the Vizio. Right away, I got 4 more stations on the Vizio than on the Haier. I'm using the same external antenna that I used on the Haier, so I'm comparing apples to apples. Even the whip antenna on the Vizio is superior to the Haier... and is HALF the size!!! Interestingly though, the 1 (and only) analog station in town is clearer on the Haier.

Besides the audio is there anything else I DON'T like about the Vizio? The screen is shiny, as apposed to the matte finish on the Haier. So viewing the Vizio outside, or in a room with lots of overhead light can be tricky to avoid the reflections. The Haier does not suffer in that way.

I bought this unit from Amazon. Great price...and it arrived in only 3 days! Excellent experience!!

P.S..... i guess i'll just have to use it with either headphones or external speakers. sigh!
on January 25, 2011
My first thought after opening the box was WOW. Excellent design, the unit looks impressive, sleek design and definitely nicer than any other 7 inch TV on the market.
Then I turned the TV on ....
The picture looks GREAT ... BUT it has red pixels on the screen that won't change colors. Though the red pixels get lost sometimes if the program is colorful, they are still there. I looked on the quick start guide only to find the following disclaimer:
" Your TV is precision -manufactured .... However, sometimes individual pixels may not display. This is common in this type of product and DOES NOT mean your TV is defective" I am a Manufacturing Engineer for a touch sensor company... this product would never have shipped !
The other drawback are the tinny sounding speakers.... they sound like the designer forgot to incorporate any of the bass frequencies...
The unit looks great ... picture is awesome, but quality issues and sound quality need to be addressed !!!
on November 5, 2011
We ordered this to use during power outages like the lengthy one that followed the freak October storm here in New England.
Our biggest problem is that even though we can see the Boston skyline from our home, 30 odd miles away, reception of all
of the area stations keeps breaking up unless we attach a powered external antenna...something we wouldn't have during an outage, so
it's back to square one. The tuner isn't nearly as sensitive as my son's older 3.5" Radio Shack pocket TV which pulls in all the area
stations with just its' little built in antenna and for a lot less money. The Radio Shack model also has much better sound quality and
volume. The sound from the more expensive Visio is absolutely terrible, tinny and very weak. Visio is a big company and could have easily
designed a product with a more sensitive tuner and much better sound. They really blew it this time!
Bottom line:
If you live close to the stations and don't mind using ear buds you might like it, otherwise keep looking, you can do better!
on March 16, 2015
Great little set with a great picture. I have had this for four years and just now the little stand that keeps it vertical broke. I will use a decorative plate stand to hold it up. My only complaint has been that it would be nice if the external antenna jack would be a standard connector, like a BNC or mini-plug jack. Other than that, great set.
on March 12, 2011
I bought this tv to watch some NASCAR races when I am not at home. I have to say I was truly amazed and how great the picture quality was on this little tv. The sound was a little on the weak side but I didn't expect it to the that good on such a small tv. I am using an external pair of speakers and it works great. I will most likely consider Vizio for my next home television.
on September 7, 2013
THE Best portable TV ever and I had other portable TV’s but this one is the best. Good reception, picture quality is excellent, if it’s too windy, raining or snowing the reception is poor, but if you use the external antenna the quality of the picture is excellent not matter what kind of weather is outside. I used at work where I am surrounded by tall buildings and the receptions is always not 100% good. I was afraid it would a waste of money, and I was wrong. The sound is good but it depends of the channels if they have HD the sound is loud and clear, on the other hand if it isn’t HD the sound is really low and poor.
on July 21, 2011
This is a rewrite from last summer. Sorry I had to downgrade my review. Now that I have used the unit for 7 months my review is based on long term use.

Decent TV. Excellent, detailed bright picture . Bought two for my mother for Hurricane season. Less than a week later I decided to order for myself but the price went up from $79.00 to $103.00. I ordered the unit . 2 fatal flaws. Needs improvement in locking broadcast signal. Sound volume is too low. Barely audible . Suggest earbuds to listen. Still a fair TV for the price. Perfect for electrical outages during bad weather and watching the News in bed while drinking your first morning cup of coffee.
on December 10, 2011
Buyer beware!! They fail to mention in the specs that this tv is UHF ONLY with the built-in antenna. To receive VHF, you must use an external antenna. In the analog to digital conversion, some stations remained on their "temporary" UHF channel while others returned to their old VHF channel. In this market, two of the big network stations are VHF, including the top weather station. I bought this unit for use in a safe room. It works great, EXCEPT it WILL NOT receive the station I want without an external antenna connection, a reliable one which cannot be run to this safe room.
on July 24, 2013
I bought this TV to use as a monitor for my Sony HDR-AX2000. The good monitors are $500. I read the reviews and did not expect good sound as I did not need the sound at all. I only wanted to use it to see my framing shot. I made a bracket and fastened it to my Hot shoe on my Camcorder. It works excellent. I'm still trying to figure out how long the battery last. I finally gave it a full charge and have not ran it down yet. I'm satisfied with the purchase and it does exactly what I expected it to do. I wish I could post a picture of it to display to you all.