Truck Season Automotive Beauty Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on December 18, 2014
Thus is my 3rd Foodsaver and I admit I basically never used the other two they basically dry rotted on a shelf. But I "got setious" about economizing and decided to give it a try again. And Im so glad I did. This is a powerful machine and the thing I really like about it is the last one I had was supposed to automatically detect the bag and start vacuuming but most of the time it didnt so I gave up. But this is a manual model I mean you lift the lid insert the bag and it vacuums then seals. I literally think it has paid for itself in just a couple of months because Im buying when groceries are on sale then vacuum sealing and tossing in the freezer. The other thing Im doing is when I cook something like stew or a casserole I usually divide it in half vacuum seal one half and freeze for later and eat the other half. The ONLY problem Im having is my poor dog is missing all the leftovers he used to get! I honestly believe the Foodsaver pays for itself. This model also comes with an adaptor cord that plugs into the accessory plug in you vehicle so hunters or fishermen can use it on location.
5 people found this helpful
on December 14, 2014
First things first; its only rated at 25 seals in a row so don't expect it to seal a whole deer without needing some time off to cool down. And that's okay because that's what it says on the box so I don't expect it to do any more than that.
Two; you need to use the extra length of the bags to get a proper seal, I think it requires three inches. Again this shouldn't be a surprise because its what the directions require. You get a bad seal or no seal at all when you short it, its a question of saving a few bags or getting good seals on all of the meat.
Its a pretty robust unit, much heavier and well built than the previous two Foodsavers I've used. I processed and packaged two deer in a day and it never gave me any problems. I did learn that you really do need to let it cool for 20 minutes when it gets hot. It will function again after 10 or so but will stop working quickly after. So again, follow the directions and give it the full 20 minutes to cool off before you start up again.
5 people found this helpful
on February 14, 2015
We process a lot of fish, and this is the go to machine! Better than this would be two of them. When one gets too hot and stops working, continue on the other, while the hot one times out. We've had four others and this Gamesaver Silver is it! If we find a good buy at the store on meat, this is the unit we drag out to package it. Also, we've tried a variety of bags and "Foodsaver" bags work best. You may save a few cents on other bags but the economy ones don't always seal right.
3 people found this helpful
on January 8, 2013
We do a LOT of sealing in our family and have burned through many sealers. The GameSaver held up terrific to our workload of 1 steer, 3 hogs, and many deer. We didn't have to worry about over-heating, it kept up and sealed every time.
15 people found this helpful
on March 6, 2014
This model of Foodsaver's vacuum sealing systems is really great. I had another model for about 10 years that finally quit. Based on my experience with that unit and my further research, I chose this model as one that should serve my needs for another 10 years or so. Compared to many of the newer models of Foodsaver units now available, this one requires much more manual control, from closing it to starting the sealing process by pressing a button. I chose this model for the manual control features because of my prior experience with occasional problems with the automatic sealing of the older unit I'd had. Another feature that really attracted me to this model is the wider, more durable sealing strip. This unit seals the Foodsaver bags much better with a wider seal than my older unit, and I feel much more comfortable with the reliability of the seal over time in freezer storage. Also, the sealing system in this unit allows a number of sealing actions, at least 25, before overheating and requiring a break in operation to cool down. The last feature that attracted me is the "limited" lifetime warranty. But, the purchaser needs to read the fine print-- It is limited to defects in materials and workmanship for a period extending to one year after the particular model has been discontinued. A purchaser of this product can just hope they keep making it for a long time! Finally, this model has a feature that I probably won't use, but would be a real benefit to the avid fisherman--The 12-volt power hookup that allows the fresh fish, and other game, to be packaged soon after they are caught using the power system of a vehicle or other 12-volt direct current power source.
6 people found this helpful
on May 31, 2016
This is my 3rd FoodSaver sealing product in about 10 years. I love these things! My husband is an avid hunter and fisherman and uses this sealer several times a week during hunting season and several times per month during fishing trips. I also use it for normal sealing- vegetables, meats, etc. and it works like a charm every time. I really like the "store" function this particular model has where it soft locks during storage and transit which will definitely make it last longer. Highly recommend!
on February 5, 2015
We were attracted to this product due to the lifetime guarantee. When running it's a bit noisy but it does a great job. This is our 3rd food saver product that we've owned in the last 15 years. I highly recommend. The ability to run off an automobile electrical system is something I will probably never use but it's a nice feature.
One person found this helpful
on February 1, 2015
Have Packaged around 60lbs. of meat so far and seems to work fine. I ran 25 1lb. bags in a row, it did not skip a beat. After 5 yrs. we finally killed our old Foodsaver. From new it would only seal 5-7 bags before having to " take a rest". It was the old black stand up one, not made to do alot of meat at once. Making bags from the rolls is easier too. Very happy so far with this purchase. If you buy in bulk or hunt like we do, I would not hesitate to recommend this to any one.
One person found this helpful
on February 7, 2018
Replaces one just like it that we had for years! Can't be beat!
on September 30, 2016
Great product, we use it a lot and it's very reliable. Got it at a reasonable price and the shipping was really fast