Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cambridge Audio Minx Min 10 BLACK (Single Speaker)
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on November 5, 2011
For several months, I researched and listened to many brands and models of dynamic style loudspeakers including owning the likes of B&W, Definitive Technology, Orb Audio and Swan, and can say that these are the best sounding that I've heard in a Sat/Sub setup. I'm now thinking of adding the Min 20's. At least, try a pair and listen yourself. So far, I've heard the return rate is next to none.
on January 5, 2013
I am audiophile. I own a top of the line Rotel reciever with all Dynaudio speakers. I sadly had to get rid of my Dynaudio floorstanders now that we've installed a built in. My sub and and center still handle the lions share of the movie duties but for music I was definitely missing the range and depth of sound in my 3 channel stereo listening mode, but I don't have the space for even modestly sized bookshelves.

So I resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to get small cube speakers. Since BOSE sound sucks, I hunted for several months, auditioning speakers from PSB, Definitive, Cambridge and Energy which were all in my size/price range. These MINX speakers are what I finally settled on.

Out of the box they are impressive. Cleverly designed banana plugs and very solid, rather heavy but extremely tiny speaker. Hooked them up and let them break in overnight with some light TV use. Then the next day the music began.

WOW. These speakers in concert with my sub put out some amazing soundstage. They have very well balanced mid range with really clear, crisp highs. I noticed that in particular they handled vocal and piano textures very well.

They don't have a ton of punch in the bass, but you shouldn't expect that anyway from speakers this size. But as part of a system and paired with a sub, very solid sound and highly impressive build quality for $100/pair.

This is quite simply the best mini cube speaker I've ever heard.

If you are going to use these as your "main front speakers", I do recommend you get the MINX 20's or look at Cambridge's S30 speakers for more mid and low range capability....but if size and quality are what you want, then the MINX 10's are perfect!
on February 25, 2012
There's no way -- simply no way -- something the size of a lemon can produce the type of sound that comes from these speakers, yet somehow they deftly pull it off. The clarity and detail is just astonishing, and they can achieve surprising volume levels without breaking up. They lack a bit of depth in the lower midrange, so they need to be crossed over around 150Hz (which is fairly high), but beyond that it's really quite difficult to find fault with them.
on April 25, 2013
I am not sure Cambridge had this in mind when they designed these speakers but they lend themselves very well to mobile audio. What follows is a bit technical but it is the only way to explain how to use these speakers and get the best out of them. The MINX 10 speakers are small enough to mount near the corners of the dash or on the A Pillars of many vehicles and that is what I have done. My test installation is in a Mitsubishi Outlander compact SUV. The factory sound system uses Rockford designed 5.25" speakers mounted low in the doors, 1" tweeters in the sail panels on the doors, and a 10" sub in the back of the vehicle. The sound quality was a bit muffled and not satisfying. I mounted a pair of the Minx 10 speakers low on the A Pillars and installed a low priced Soundstream amplifier with electronic crossover filters built in. I am crossing over at 300 Hz with the small door woofers handling frequencies below that and the Minx handling everything above 300 Hz. I have not even hooked up the 10" sub in the back yet. I am using a Pioneer AVP-3300 head unit which has 4 volt outputs but no other audiophile features. The sound is amazing. High passing these speakers at 300 Hz really cleans up the sound and the door woofers blend in nicely. I have the Minx 10's angled so that they point directly at the other seat and are slightly off axis to the closest listener. Without any real tuning or equalization, they still create a very nice soundstage and female vocals are just incredible. I used RAM mounts to attach the speakers to the A Pillars. The only drawback I see is that the installation is not stealthy and dirtbag thieves can see what you have if you are parking in a high risk area. I don't have that problem and am very satisfied with the result.
on December 9, 2012
Working with 3 Ascend speakers, a 200SE center and a pair of 170's in the left/right positions (the Sherman Tank of bookshelf speakers). These tiny Cambridge speakers actually can hold their own, who would have thought. Not sure how they work, but they do. And in my small living room, they are so small that my wife hardly noticed, and heartily approved. Kudos to Cambridge.
on March 19, 2013
I've always tried to be a buy-it-used speaker guy. Usually I feel like one can find great deals on used equipment but this time I had a specific need. I wanted a center-style-speaker that was really small. This fits the bill.

The sound this puts out for the size is amazing. I would not consider myself an audiophile but I do go through a few pairs of speakers a year as I just like trying stuff out. Currently I have a set of bi-amped Infinity IL-60 towers with this as a center. It works like a charm.

I plan on picking up a couple more for my rear speakers.

It's really pretty too.
on May 23, 2013
Received them as a gift for Christmas 2012. Built very sturdy, and very sleek design.
I knew when ordering, that these little guys didn't have much for low end,
but if you're adding them to a system, they do extremely well amplifying the highs.
If you're looking for alot of power to a set of speakers, they are quite limited and I would not recommend.
I would recommend them more for a computer system or a sound system under 50 watts.
on January 23, 2014
I bought 4 of these little bad boys after reading the reviews on Amazon.

I didn't have any way of properly mounting rear speakers in a 5.1 setup so I wanted the smallest speakers I could get.

I have them sitting on the side tables slightly behind the viewing area, they all but disappear visually and provide the perfect solution for my problem.

I often forget they are even there and once in a while when watching a movie you suddenly get the urge to look behind you to see whats coming.

As soon as I turn them I really notice how much they are adding to the sound field.
review image
on May 14, 2013
I like the size and sound of these speakers so far... I use them as rear surround in my home theater system. it's a lot smaller than my previous pair, and the sound is more pleasant also. It's a good buy for the price.
on December 4, 2012
The Minx Min10 makes for a great little satellite speaker. It unsurprisingly doesn't have the same frequency response as full-size speakers. And I probably wouldn't want to use them as my main speakers. But for surround or presence speakers, they are a great addition to a sound system.

They probably require the use of a subwoofer though, and of course they require the use of a receiver that can compensate for the audibly limited frequency response.

On the plus side, the Minx Min10 is very small and can be installed discreetly.

Price is fair considering the good overall performance of the speaker. But the product requires purchasing a few add-ons. For wall installation, I strongly recommend Minx Pivoting Wall Mounts, and of course some good quality Speaker Cable. Unfortunately, the speakers are incompatible with banana plugs and the binding posts are a little flimsy; but overall that matters little as I don't expect to ever change the wiring after initial installation.

As a side note, when I bought the speakers, the product description didn't make it clear whether I would get one speaker or a pair. This appears to have been fixed by now, and it now points out that the listing is for an individual speaker. I didn't mind the fact that it only includes one speaker, but I did mind having to wait for the second shipment, when I discovered after the fact, that I ordered too few.