Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Louis C.K: Hilarious
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on December 9, 2010
Probably his best special since Shameless, which is my all time favorite of his.
The passing of George Carlin left a huge void in the world. and the closest we will ever probably have to another Carlin is Louis C.k.

While Carlin would have a focus on the life of politics, Louis has a focus on the politics of life.
One of the most amazing aspects of this special and all of his specials is how effortless he makes his act look. Quite possible the hardest working man in comedy today. But you will never notices these things while watching this special, because you'll be too busy laughing your ass right off.

A must own for any fan of stand-up. Yet another true stand-up classic, that I would gladly put up against any other before it. Shameless, Chewe Up and now Hilarious are all prime examples of what great comedy is, as well as a hope for what it will be in the future. The man continue to crate work that makes my life more enjoyable.
on January 14, 2011
An amazing show. In my opinion compares favorably to the best (including Hicks, Carlin, Bruce, Pryor etc). While his language and jokes are not usually for the faint of heart, something (compassion?) seems to allow him to push only to the exact razor's edge of mean-spiritedness before pulling back long enough to deliver another perfectly measured line. I've honestly never reviewed anything before, but this special was literally so funny that it made me lose my mind. I truly hope that he continues to improve, because this show is his best and most consistent by far.
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2011
I think Louis CK is this generations best comic. His TV shows are the best on the air, and once again, his stand-up delivers a one-two knockout. I don't really know how to describe his comedy other than relate it to a tsunami of laughter. It starts out with a small laugh, inside, then a chuckle, then as his performance goes on, you laugh out loud, then get belly laughs and you literally fall on the floor laughing...all the while feeling a little bit guilty for laughing at the words coming out of his mouth. He is HILARIOUS. And I mean it, Louis~
on July 4, 2014
Very funny. A little gross and disgusting at times, and lots of profanity, but it had me laughing hard a good deal of the time.

Some reviewers have criticized him for the vulgarity and portrayed him as cheap, but I found that under the surface he was really thoughtful and had some interesting commentary about who we are as humans and as a species - really holding the mirror up to us. I thought there were some real ethical undertones which I could relate to, and he did it in a really hilarious way (for some that is... for some it seems not to be their cup of tea).
on January 2, 2012
Louis C.K.does not disappoint. This is worth it. I will watch it again and again. He is completely irreverent, and hysterical and while some of it is uncomfortable, because he nails each topic, you can't help but laugh.
on January 30, 2012
Louis C.K. has done it again! I swear, he makes me feel better about my life and that anything is possible. I really liked Hilarious a lot. I personally think Chewed Up is his best, but this one has some great jokes in it. I work for a tech company and he has this great joke about a Internet on the Airplane. I don't want to spoil it, but I was laughing my ass off. It really hit home. I think if someone does not enjoy this, they probably have no sense of humor whatsoever. Watch and enjoy!
on June 16, 2015
With every video or installment of Louie, I am more and more awed at Louis C K's ability to make me laugh out loud. Outside of the TV, I watch most videos and binge watching past seasons of Louie on a pad. I feel like I'm at a personal show. He is so ribald, and almost all bald! His humor is observational with a twist, he's totally un-PC. He jokes about his children as most parents do. But he uses language you could never say out loud but, sure as hell, many of us think! His view of the world and his acknowledgement of his shortcomings are the most Hilarious I've ever heard.

You owe it to yourself to watch his videos, his series or, best of all, see him in person. Louis CK is brilliantly funny, wise and thoughtful. You will enjoy him so much!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 16, 2015
░░░░░I LAUGHED░░░░░

Louis C K is funny because he talks about everyday stuff. He doesn't create elaborate set ups for low payoff jokes. He makes fun of the dumb stuff we all do. That's his genius.

If the F word offends you, Louis C K will make your head explode, so do yourself a favor and just skip his comedy rather than watch it and then come here to write how bad his foul language is in your review. Just save the time and skip the lecture. If you're not a stick in the mud, watch Louis C K. This special is appropriately named 'Hilarious'

͡° ͜ʖ ͡°
on September 22, 2014
So I saw Louis CK's latest HBO special "Oh My God" & loved it. Naturally I looked up other special by him. Hilarious lives up to its name. He has no fear when it comes to using the truth of American entitlement & laziness pointing out how good we have it compared to others. He also shares his life, mistakes & dreams in a relatable funny way. There's no way I can relay to you in words just how clever he is with his timing & irreverent witt. The only thing I can say is I was at one point laughing so hard I was gasping for air. Louis CK is now my 2nd favorite male comedian behind the late great Robin Williams,
on April 13, 2015
Louis C.K. personifies the Comic Spirit. Yes I laugh my butt off but I also keep thinking about what he said for a long time, new insights keep occurring. His mastery makes that happen; his work is just stunning. Listen to this guy; you'll be glad you did :)