Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 8, 2012
I've had this phone for over a year and have had no notable problems with it. The touchscreen is responsive and the interface rarely lags. It is not a high-end phone but it's not priced as one either.
on November 10, 2012
I have had this phone for 2 years now and have been pretty happy with it. There are numerous downfalls and I am ready to upgrade, but for the price it has been a good phone.

If you like apps, the internal storage is just not enough. Many apps will move to the SD card, but not all apps move. I have had to uninstall apps, clear data, delete text messages, and many other things on a regular basis just to be able to use basic functions (text, browse the web, etc).

The phone has shut off randomly, but never at an inconvenient time. There have been hang-ups, but usually a reboot fixes it. My screen has gone x-ray like a few times, but still works well and goes back to normal after a short time.

Overall this is a good phone, but it is what it is.... cheap. If you like lots of apps, then this is not the phone for you. I enjoyed it and now I am ready to move on to a Samsung Galaxy S2 (which I am purchasing today).
on June 12, 2012
Long lasting battery life that surpassed my expectations. I never have a problem with overheating because my phone always shuts its self-off when every it wants for no reason. Best of all, my phone never wants to take pictures or lets me play my downloaded apps. When I try using the sd card to store stuff is always says that the sd card is un-mounted even tho it has not been touched. If you don't use your phone to check the time this is the phone for you. Every time I reboot the phone or it does it for me it comes back on with an incorrect time and date. The touch screen have a cheap toy like feeling to it. This is my 3rd LG Optimus S. Overall the phone doesn't do what I need it to and I can't wait for a phone that does work.
on November 2, 2012
This was my first ever smartphone. I got it because Sprint had a special where i could get this phone for free, so i did. Worst mistake ever. I was working very well for the first 2 weeks, but then i had major problems. Randomly shutting off when i plug in the charger, random restart atleast once a day, battery would die really fast(which btw i used this phone at all the lowest settings and didnt use it often because of the fear of it dying), and the list goes on. I will never purchase another LG phone ever again. I talked to sprint and LG about the problems i was having and they told me that they were just bugs and they were working on a fix. Horrible.
on April 22, 2012
I would not recommend this phone to anyone. I have had it for a year and have had 3 of them. It freezes up all the time, and they have factory reset it multiple times. I was once driving to work and needed to get a hold of my husband and it was frozen my entire way to work(25 minutes). Sprint did nothing about this..so we cancelled. It is highly annoying and unsafe when you don't have a land line in your home and need to make a phone call. There are times when I am expecting phone calls and my phone will ring and ring but I cannot answer it because the screen is frozen. FYI this has happened with all 3 of the phones I have had.
on January 16, 2012
I got this phone from radioshack It is awesome worked great never let me down never glitched I absolutely loveit!!! :)service is fast and easy!
on July 10, 2012
I have had my phone for about 9 months. Initially, I really loved the phone. I gave it 4 stars because I am now having intermittent problems with the touch screen not responding and I wish there was a bit more storage space and less preinstalled programs, as I don't know which ones I can delete. Overall, I have loved the functions of my phone and as my first smartphone it is great. For the most part I have been happy with the battery life of the phone. The only time is when I am using the navigation app it sucks all the battery life within about 2 hours. As long as I plug it in during the ride there is no problem.

Although, I should note that my husband and mother-in-law also got the Optimus S at the same time and have had continual problems with their phones. Both are counting down the days until we can purchase new phones.

With this said it seems that there is a quality issue with the production of the phones and if you get a low quality phone you will have continual problems with it.
on January 12, 2011
my phone broke and i am broke . soooooo
i love gadgets need the latest but could not find the money
for one of the top end phones.
I LOVE this phone. only reason i did not give it 5 stars
was for the lack of a keyboard .
but for $50 its a GREAT android phone
had it two days and i have 50 apps on it LOL
but ill use them all .
so will you
on July 11, 2012
This phone is the worst phone I have ever had! My camera long ago stopped working. It freezes up a couple times a day. You have to pop the battery out to "unfreeze it". It constantly tells me I need a memory card. The card reader stopped working as well, so now I can only have a few necessary apps or I run out of memory. When you are low on memory the entire phone does not work until you delete something. It's a lot of money to pay for something that doesn't work correctly. Sprint will not give me any kind of deal, I only have a few months to on the contract. It is cheaper for me to terminate and go somewhere else, than to pay a ridiculous price for a used iPhone that Sprint is offering.
on February 25, 2012
I got this phone through my Credo Mobile (which uses Sprint) and I have had endless problems. The phone will freeze up periodically, necessitating removing the battery to reboot it. With the first phone I had, the charger stopped working and I had to get a replacement. Now for the second time in less than a year, the phone again is failing to properly connect to the charger. I've also had endless problems with the phone giving me warnings of being out of space, necessitating clearing data.

Do not get this phone. It's horrible.