BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 3, 2015
I've had Gunnar glass before. PPK Cobalt/Snow. Here are the differences.
1. The original gunnar actually came in a plastic protective case. The new pair came in a dust bag. Needless to say if you plan on carrying your glass in your back pack you run the risk of break them.
2. The quality of the frame have significantly worsened. They are all made in China, but I can tell when I'm cleaning the lens, as it get smudges very easily, that the frame is much more flemsy. I can hear the frame creaking when I'm move the glasses.
3. Over all optics quality is still good as before.

I'm not sure if the frame quality is lower because this pair is a "Steel" series. Quite honestly, the steele series logo added nothing to the glasses.
on February 4, 2016
I've had a pair of these for long gaming sessions for a few years now, and I thought they were pretty helpful. When I got a nice office job, I began looking at a computer screen for 8 hours straight, then trying to go home and stare at a different computer screen until it was time for bed. I started getting migraines at work and having to leave early some days, which I initially blamed on the poor lighting. In a fit of desperation on a particularly bad week, I brought in my gaming glasses to work. My coworkers laughed at my "extreme" solution, but it was the only way I could keep working that week. The headache went away, so the glasses did too. Then the headaches came back... I started bringing them in to work every day just in case, which then became wearing them at work every day. Headaches are all gone, and I get more work done. I had to recently buy these bad boys to have a second pair of Gunnars at home for my gaming!

TL;DR - These got rid of my office headaches, also great for my home gaming. 10/10, I recommend them to everyone that says their eyes hurt at work. Converted one coworker already!
on November 11, 2015
I spend a decent amount of time looking at screens daily. After the first day of using these, I noticed considerably less eye fatigue. I've also got a relatively large head, so tried to find the largest model I could. These fit well, and have a good amount of flex with them. They're also light enough that after many hours I don't have the same pinching/ear pain that I do with sunglasses. The tint is slightly noticeable when you first put them on, but not bothersome, and my eyes/brain acclimate so that I don't notice it after a minute or two.
These are my first pair, so I can't compare them against other brands or styles, not sure if they are worth the extra cost, but they do the job for me and I'm not interested in exploring other options.
on January 22, 2016
As a male in my early twenties, I spend more time than I would like to admit staring at LCD screens. Also as a male in my early twenties, I don't exactly have a lot of extra money to waste. The only reason I decided to purchase these was the cheaper price. I work as a database analyst, do all of my schoolwork on my desktop, game in my free time, etc. Surprisingly, these glasses have helped me more with work and school related tasks rather than gaming stuff. Anytime I am on a computer I use these guys, and the glasses do help reduce my headaches, as well as that "soreness" that I feel in the back of my eyes. This is less noticeable when I am gaming, as I feel like the Gunnars stave off the effects "eye fatigue" only slightly better than not wearing them. I think the Gunnars work better for my work/school as I am staring at primarily white screens for those purposes (Excel, Word, E-books, coding programs).

TL:DR, cheaper glasses for gaming turned out more useful for school work. Am happy with purchase
on July 18, 2016
These glasses take a while to get used to. I remember when they first got here. The way people laughed at me was unbearable. But now, I'm so used to it, they don't bother me much at all. It's funny, the mean jokes stopped the day my new gaming headset got here! I put them on expecting people to laugh at the headset too, but I didn't hear one peep out of any of my co-workers! Oh, but as far as how they work. I've noticed that I don't have as many headaches, and my vision stays nice and clear all day long! I can even see my clock across the office now!
on March 24, 2016
These work really well for me. They fit perfectly as they're considered a "wide" style, and I've got a fairly large head (size 7 $ 5/8 hat). My only complaint, if I can call it that, is that I'm not a huge fan of the shape of the lenses. I like the squarer shaped lenses, but Gunnar doesn't appear to have any with that shape in their "wide" collection.

Style aside, these work as advertised. I had been taking medication for chronic tension headaches because my job requires me to stare at a computer screen for 8 to 9 hours a day. Since I've started using these, I haven't had a need to take the medication because of the reduction in eye strain that the glasses afford me.

If you have any issues with eye strain or headaches related to eye strain because you use a computer all day, I would highly recommend that you find a style of Gunnars that works for you!
on December 19, 2015
Having to stare at computer all day at work strain my eyes a lot and I started to see spots and stars recently. My brother (who has lasik like me) recommended me this computer glasses as it helped him to release his lasiked eyes from staring stress. I grab this when there is a promo and it turned out useful with only two negative points that is the glasses is built such that it is very close to the eyes. I understand that is to reduce air/dust contact with the eye balls but my lashes are making the lenses dirty; i need to clean it multiple times a day. Second is I felt my eyes are extremely tired during the first 2-3 days of use; the good effect only kick in after my eyes get use to the tint and curvature of lenses. Other than that, the yellow lenses help to increase contrast making the small words clearer, the sense did help to reduce strain on my eyes after using a few days. Maybe it is psychological, it feels like a shield to my eyes, protecting it.
on December 22, 2015
I am an extremely skeptical person when it comes to snake oil in any of its forms.

However, I was handed a pair of Gunnar's at work, to try while I was having a migraine. I am a Systems Engineer in an IT department, and stare at monitors all day long while surrounded by enough fluorescent lights you'd think we were doing surgery. The tinting helped make the bright lights and bright monitors in my office much more bearable.

I don't notice any real difference in the realm of eyestrain, but they do quite a handy job of helping me through headaches while at work. Normal headaches, migraines, hangovers, etc.

I felt it useful enough to purchase this pair once my originals became scratched on a lens. Of note, very easy to scratch, do not carry them looped on your pocket.

Previously I had the Wi-Five line, I prefer the look and size of this pair (I have a giant head). Got them on sale, for $40.
on July 18, 2015
it does take some getting used to, but I already feel a difference when looking at the computer screen while wearing them.

There is less glare and less harshness on my eyes.

It does seem to have a magnifying aspect to it as well so if your monitor or TV is close you may feel the need to sit a bit more back from it.

I am going to try and get these approved for using while at work for when I am on the computer a lot.

The frames do not feel cheap but are light weight and as long as you aren't abusing them should not break or be damaged. Its meant for long term wearing, for hours on end so I am glad they are not of a heavy thicker material.
on June 27, 2016
If you spend a lot of time on the computer, you need these glasses (note that they also make clear ones for people that have to do color work, like image editing and stuff). I spend pretty much 18 hours a day on the computer, and was super prone to debilitating eye strain headaches before getting these. I can go somewhere around 4 or 5 times longer before I start getting an ill feeling when I'm wearing these. They're wonderfully designed for comfort when wearing them for a long time.