Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 9, 2011
Me and my husband both ordered one of these awesome players. We read the reviews and debated on which on to buy and decided to go with the 4 gb model. We couldnt be happier with the purchase. We have had them for about a month and no problems. The player has been great. We had a little trouble with putting video on it but we got in touch with tech support and they had us up and running in no time. The are perfect for the young teens who want the Ipod Touch but dont have to $200 to spend on it. My husband has 300 songs and 5 movies on his and i have 200 songs and 8 movies on mine without using the expandable memory. The earbuds that come with it are great. My husband has never been able to wear any earbuds but these are extremely comfortable for hours of use as he often does. I can put all the great things I want in this review but the fact is you just need to take the plunge and get this amazing little gadget. Tech support is awesome and stationed here in the good ole USA. They respond quickly are very helpful. My husbands earbuds came apart were the wired splits. We contacted them and they sent us another pair out promply. So if you want a good little MP3 video player this is the one for you. Thank you and will update in a few months.
on December 28, 2011
Pyrus Electronic MP3 Player is terrible. I wish I had never purchased this product. I don't know how others rated it so high.
1) No playlists, just a single "favorites" list which you must add manually
2) Doesn't read all MP3 Tags correctly (genre not recognized correctly using ID3v2.1, 2.2,2.3)
3) Doesn't support MP4a (iTunes) audio files
4) Can't charge and play music at the same time
5) Sees internal and SD memory as separate so you can't span music easily across both.

Because it only has a Favorites list.. I changed a bunch of songs from the 1980s to a specific genre,(called 80s) so I could use the genre feature to play them. Problem is.. the Pyrus didn't recognize the genre so it scattered the music between Other and "folk"

It seems to randomly re-interpret the genre of songs and put them in its own categories. Most of my soundtracks were categorized as "other" also. While some were correcly recognized as "soundtrack"
on September 29, 2011
For forty dollars it is hard to complain too much. It was relatively easy to get used to, no trouble getting music on the thing if you know what you're doing with a Windows computer. The main caveat I found, as far as performance goes, would be the screen. Resolution isn't all too terrible, but in anything even remotely close to direct sunlight (such as in a car) it is damn near impossible to see the screen, making it a hazardous device if one is intending on using it for such purposes. The big selling point for me was the built in recorder, which can be useful for quick musical ideas and inspirations. I liked the idea of such a cheap touch screen MP3 player, I'm a budget shopper and to me it's better to buy this than an Ipod, which in many cases could die just as easily. Which brings me to the death of mine; I dropped it on some concrete steps, from not more than 3 feet above them. I understand it is cheap and whatnot, and I know there are many factors, such as the angle of contact (it landed on a corner of the device), however it was frustrating not having any luck even getting it to power on. If you're even slightly clumsy, I would recommend something with a better build quality.... And really, screw the hype, I'd even recommend something non-touch screen over this, for must intents and purposes. Try a Sony Walkman or something in that area.
on December 31, 2011
Good player for the money.. works well and easy to use after only few mins. of messing around with it. Only complaint is that the batt. don't last my whole 8hr. shift. I listen to it at full or just about full volume the whole time for me it lasts about 7 1/2 hrs. max (fully charged). And the radio functon works well with head phones that come with it, but not at all with them not pluged in or even a portabule speaker that i have at work. After playing with it for a while it seem that it might use the headphones as an antenna because when you get the headphone plug close to the jack the station starts to come in. But over all and for the price it is a good deal.
on June 10, 2011
This Pyrus Electronics 4gb Mp3 / mp4 / mp5 Player with 2.8 Inch Touch Screen and All Stainless Steel Casing Silver player broke within four weeks, I was extra careful with this player and it still broke, I was so careful with this player that I would not even put it in my pocket I would walk around with it in my hand, because I was so paranoid that it would break. My PC would freeze and be extremely slow after it was connected to the mp3 player (mind you that my PC was built for gaming, so take what you want from this statement), the only remedy to this problem was to restart my PC after each use of the mp3 player. The player looks cheap and feels cheap in person, I could see into the player if I looked though the audio jack, the player is very lightweight (cheap feeling) if you go outside just don't expect to see anything on the screen (even in the shade),can't make playlists,can't get regular 12 hour time. I could not use the radio without headphones. The only thing that I liked about this player is the video quality, for a player under 50 bucks the video quality was amazing HD im talkin crisp clear video, BUT WAS IT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR TO HAVE SOMETHING LAST LONGER THAN FOUR WEEKS? I was extremely careful with this player and it still broke,never dropped it,never bumped it, never did anything to this player to make it break. One day I turned on the mp3 player and it shut off within 2 seconds saying error low battery, sooooo, I charged it and the screen started to shift to one side and continued on the other side, (MAKING IT A DUAL SCREEN, YAYYYYY) and then it said error low battery,WOW what a surprise. I sent it back and I really am still disappointed I wanted this to work out but some relationships just don't LAST!!!! PS ( anyone who is reading this and thinks it won't happen to you and you're saying to yourself there are some good reviews on this player its worth try,look at the bad reviews on the pink one, I wish I did before purchasing,just saying).
on August 13, 2014
Not worth 1 star.cheap.none of the apps worked! Tooooo many things hv to be downloaded from the internet so u need extra type of cables,not worth it.Waste of money!
on February 11, 2013
muy bueno el equipo es lo descrito por el vendedor solo le agregue una micro sd para tener mucho mas espacio aunque con 4 gb esta bien , recomiendo al 100% este vendedor.
on March 14, 2013
Not your top of the line, screen is awfully small for touch screen. Try to get some sort of tech help is nearly impossible.
on November 5, 2011
I bought the 8gb, touch screen Pyrus mp3 and while it took me some doing to understand how the features worked because the directions were in English written by a Japanese, it was well worth the price I paid for it--$49.

I have had it now for almost a year, use it every day on my walk. The sound is excellent, it doesn't mess with my computer (ref a previous review) and is easy to synch to. I had a Coby prior to this and it was so difficult to use I wanted to throw it against the wall.

I'm trying to get a Pyrus for my husband but Amazon seems to sell more Walkman or Coby.
on August 9, 2011
Several of reviewers have claimed that this is an excellent product and I am going to tell you they are wrong in a couple aspects.

the negative points that I found in my case, is the screen is impossible to see in direct sunlight no matter your position to the sun is, so a person will need to be under some form of shade if they wish to change their songs while outdoors. if you wish to lock the screen then be warned that the screen locking feature is not only set deep in the software but once you let it lock the only way to unlock it is to turn it off & on again. another issue that I have had is due to screen sensitivity it is way to easy to tap the screen against anything while it's in your pocket and blare your ears out by sudden sound increase. the device was not designed intelligently for those who live any sort of active life style. another negative point is the ear bud jack comes out the side instead of the top or bottom of the device like most common mp3's.

other then that it sounds great and it's OK navigating it so long as you can see the screen.

what I personally think they should have put on the out side and not bury in the software of the device is 3 things: volume control, screen lock,and a button to turn the microphone on and off.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.