Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on December 30, 2011
***Quick Note: This camera does not come with an SD card***

When I bought this camera I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my DSLR camera that I could take with me to events where my big camera wasn't allowed or when I just didn't feel like taking the DSLR with me... This camera fits the bill perfectly.

The Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W510 is very small and the large screen takes up most of the real estate on the back. It's good to look for a physical zoom in a digital camera, which this one has and it works very well.

I'm extremely impressed with the flash on this camera, maybe I've been using cellphone cameras for too long but I haven't seen a flash that's as bright and works as well as this one does on a Point and Shoot in a long while. Aside from just taking pictures, the camera can take video(with audio) and the really cool thing that's take panorama pictures in one shot. You simply hold down the button and rotate the camera, it does the rest... Very cool.

I use a 4gb sandisk SD card and it seem to have plenty space (especially if you drop the quality down from 12MP). As I mentioned in the note, there was no SD card included with the camera so be sure to pick one up here on Amazon when you buy the camera to save yourself from in-store overpricing.

This camera is definitely recommended, its a great price, compact size, good quality image, and comes with a rechargeable battery(and charger). What more could you want from a Point and Shoot?

Hope this review helped!
on June 15, 2016
I bought this camera purely for making Youtube videos. I takes beautiful high quality pictures but for video, the sound and picture quality and kind of poor; not terrible but not good either. Still, it's a good beginner's camera and may be best for taking photos than videos.
on June 27, 2011
This is a very short and simple review. The camera ROCKS! Super easy to use, and navigate. It has many, and even more functions than I will need, but It doesn't overwhelm you! Turn on the camera and your ready to shoot. I love that the camera is a genius. No seriously, this camera detects your surroundings, SMART EH?. If its too dark it will adjust to twilight mode, or maybe there's a view of mountains and fields, the cam will instantly switch to landscape mode. It feels awesome to no longer need to turn any knobs so that the scene focus can change. Aside from this, what really-really made me want this camera was how the panorama shot sounded. Reading the feature before purchase really interested me. After I received the cam and tried it, I was so amazed at the intense wide capture my cam could make. Sure, if you sweep your hand to fast or shaky, you may just get a weird boxy image. However, take your time sweeping your hand and relax, and the image is beautiful enough to make you own home wall art. Lastly, I took video and the quality looked great on cam, I haven't uploaded video yet so I have no further details as to how good of quality video really is, but the pictures all come out stunning. Pfft, funny part is, I even have it on a lower pixel setting to capture a size of around 4x6... Everyone, no regrets... buy this truly cheap camera and forget about going to Walmart for a deal... Clearly the deal of quality and price is right here with this Sony. How I see it, I should scream to ya... GET IT NOW! :D
review image review image review image
on March 5, 2012
I may have just gotten a bad model but every single picture I have taken with this camera is WAY too overexposed. The flash completely washes out every person in the picture no matter how far away we stand and even the background. I've never experienced this before on a point and shoot camera. I don't know why it's doing this and I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and/or if anyone knows how to fix this issue? I really wish I didn't have this problem- seemed like such a great deal and otherwise has great reviews! Unfortunately at this time, I plan on returning this item and buying anther point and shoot digital camera. I wish I could add a picture I've taken for an example of what I am describing. Thank for any help!
on January 27, 2012
I bought this because I lost my old Coolpix 2200 in a move. In bright lighting or outside this sony is fine. However, indoors it is awful. Grainy and dark, no good. The panoramic feature appears to be pretty cool. There is NO viewfinder, not crazy about that either. For me, this camera won't work out. The majority of my pics are indoors. Good luck.
on October 30, 2013
I bought this used and had to buy batteries for it since the sony n lithium battery didn't work and that came with it. It is a fun camera. I have yet to look at my pics on a computer though but I am sure they look good.
on November 12, 2011
I purchased this when it just came out (was a bit more expensive though) and to date, the camera works great! The pictures were of a great quality. At times even my friends would ask me to use my camera to take pictures because their camera (which was actually more expensive) did not take the pictures as well.

The camera is extremely light, with the strap attached to your wrist, you might even forget that its there. That for me is a good feature as I don't like holding bulky things and I don't like heavy cameras. For others this might not be a plus. The material was not what you would initially expect as most cameras tend to made of some type of metal (which also makes it heavier). I'm not sure what it is made of, but it is not metal and it is most likely what makes it so light.

Overall, I like and enjoy this camera. So does the rest of my family. (They all wanted to borrow it for their trips)
on August 27, 2016
The memory card you need is $40.00 and don't want to buy it as not sure id camera will work
on January 16, 2012
I've only had this camera a couple of weeks now, but have been using it regularly since that date. The first thing that struck me was how lightweight it was and I was afraid it may be rather cheaply made (that's why I gave it 4 stars rather than 5). But I must admit it is very user-friendly and takes excellent quality pictures. I am no camera expert, so I've put it on the setting where it automatically chooses the best mode in various light conditions and I'm pretty happy with that setting.

For the price, I'd definitely recommend this little gem to anyone wanting a good quality digital camera for everyday use.
on April 16, 2013
Being used to single reflex cameras, it took a bit of getting used to. Picture quality is good as well as ease of operation. My first sojourn into digital photography and I love every minute of it. Great camera, good price. My wife uses it more than I do.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.