Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 157 reviews
on July 11, 2014
We have had an awful experience with this camera. It worked well for the first few months but the image quality was not as good and crisp as we had hoped. We purchased this mainly for the "Tough" feature and the water resistant qualities. After about 9 months it became totally non-functional, would not turn on. I contacted Olympus and returned it under warranty. The could not fix our red camera so they sent me a refurbsihed one. Now, another nine months later and this replacement version got water in the back screen area and also stopped working. I contacted Olympus again and they advised me that this camera only had a six month warranty on it and it would be over $100 to repair it. No thanks.

I have now had two of these cameras, each of which lasted less than a year. And we are not that rough on them. We had them in the pool a few times, which is supposed to be where the "tough" part comes in. I'm done with this camera and the Olumpus brand. If you search online you'll find lots of other people that have issues with this Tough series. Do yourself a favor and try something else.
on November 11, 2011
I bought the camera thinking it would be great around my toddler as it was shockproof, waterproof, dustproof, etc.

After using it in various settings, I found I was disappointed with some of its functionality.

(1) Scene: It takes wonderful pictures outdoors in the sunshine. Indoor pictures don't come out as well - the colors seem off.

(2) Speed: When you turn on the camera, there is a significant "boot up" time before you can take your first picture. Then, once it turns on, it takes a long time to focus - which doesn't work well around a toddler.

(3) Battery Life: The battery life seems short. I ended up recharging every couple of days. With my previous camera - I had to recharge every couple weeks.
on March 30, 2012
The is a great camera. It is nice having a camera I don't have to worry about getting damaged when outdoors, especially during water activities or when it might rain. I took the TG-610 to the Cayman islands and got some awesome underwater shots. The shots were significantly better than a disposable underwater camera. The camera takes pretty good pictures for a point and shoot. There are a few shortcomings however that keep this camera from getting five stars. The navigation button on the back of the camera is difficult to use at times because it is too easy to select the wrong direction accidentally. The video quality also wasn't that great. The camera seemed to have trouble focusing and would go in and out way too often. I would not rely on this camera for your video needs. There also seems to be a bit of a quality control issue. I had to exchange the first two cameras I got because they were defective right out of the box. My mother, who also bought the same camera, had to exchange her first one as well after it leaked on its second underwater shooting session. Overall this is a great camera for people who are outdoors a lot, have kids, are accident prone, or who want to be able to do some amateur underwater shooting.
on November 13, 2013
I purchased this product in preparation for my honeymoon to Jamaica where we knew we would be spending a lot of time by the sand and water.

Features - The camera has a lot of similar features you would find on any basic Point and Shoots but the waterproof and shock proof are what stand out. I tested it several times in normal conditions before we left and the picture quality was equal to other non-water proof cameras. We enjoyed using it in places that we would never use a real camera in fear of destroying the camera. I dropped it several times walking up a river falls, submerged it for long periods of time while snorkeling, and dove it down to near it's limits. The pictures turned out great both in and out of water. It was really a great asset to have on a trip where you spend most your time in the water or on the sand. We had no fears that the camera couldn’t handle what we gave it.

I would highly recommend this camera as an addition to any traveler’s arsenal. We own several nice cameras but having this for your adventure and play time is well worth the price.
on August 29, 2012
This camera is a vast improvement over the Tough 6020. The Tough 610 is the 3rd Olympus Stylus "tough" I've owned. I started with a 720 SW, moved on to a 6020 and now own a 610. The 610 is the best of the lot.

First, the turn on time has been brought back to around a second, about the same time as the 720 SW. This is important because I shoot a lot of wild life on the ocean, from a kayak. I can better afford to keep the camera off, conserving battery life and with the lens cover closed, keeping water off the lens. The 6020 took several seconds, which often seemed like an eternity with a whale or a dolphin leaping in front of me.

Second, the camera now remembers the last mode setting. This saves me time when I power up the camera. In the 2 earlier versions the camera always came up in program mode, which I'm sure the designers thought gave the user the best possibility for a good shot at start up. Since I'm primarily shooting wild life which is not going to hold still, I find it better to shoot in sports mode. Many times I got a blurry shot with the 2 earlier models because I had to shoot right after power up and the camera took it's time working through the program as my boat rocked and rolled. Or I'd be delayed resetting to sports mode, one handed, while my subject flew or swam away.

Major draw backs continue to be short battery life (compensated somewhat by faster turn on) and feeble flash. The 2 prior Tough's were fair on cloudy days. I'll have to reserve judgement on the 610's performance in low natural light, it's been sunny since I got it.

BTW I did not get the 810 because the GPS feature undoubtedly shortens on time and other reviews stated it took the 810 a long time to generate a position from start up so turning the camera off to conserve power would defeat the GPS.
on November 25, 2015
I used this camera for a few years and beat the crap out of it. It's been caving, diving, in the jungle, Alaska... Man, it was a great camera. Eventually the battery compartment seal leaked a bit and shorted out the battery creating a bit of corrosion on the prongs - making it impossible to charge. I scraped them off and it charged right up. I recently upgraded my camera with a TG-4 (which is an excellent tough camera), but I do miss the TG-610. If you can get your hands on one, you won't be disappointed, but there are better models now available from Olympus.
on April 21, 2013
I've been purchasing Olympus waterproof cameras since 2006 and have never left this brand since. This particular camera was my third purchase. My first camera got stolen, so incidentally I had to purchase a new one. I messed up my second one by going into the water before the battery part was fully closed; the camera itself still worked but the flash didn't work and the lens would become foggy going in and out of the water. So this is my third purchase and I've had it for several months now and love it, just as I knew I would.

What I love the most about it is it's functionality. I am an outdoors person; I go on hikes, camping, biking, kayaking, swimming, snowboarding ... you name it. I take this camera with me everywhere. I literally have nothing bad to say about this camera. One feature that I don't care for, is the GPS. I don't have social media profiles and even if I did, I know where I took the photo ... so I don't need that feature.

Overall this camera is legit. It does what I need plus some.
on May 2, 2012
I bought this underwater camera on 11/22/11 for a Christmas present for a family member going on vacation in February to Hawaii.
The camera worked at first but pictures weren't that great. The second time it was used it worked then quit. We found
out that it was leaking water into the battery area. Great. Nothing could be done at the time since on vacation. The return period expired so now it can't be returned. What do i do with a $200 camera with all accessories ($59) that doesn't work! So disappointed in Olympus TG-610 """"""Tough""""" camera!!!
on June 4, 2012
I bought this particular camera to take on a cruise due to the fact that it is waterproof, shockproof, etc. It stood up to the elements beautifully!! We went zip lining in Jamaica for about 5 hours while getting poured on the entire time. The rain did not affect the quality of pictues whatsoever and the pictures taken still turned out beautiful. The camera was left outside in the sun for hours while we bathed in the sun at the top of the ship and there were not any problems with the camera caused by the heat. I loved all the different modes you could take pictures in, and also the edit feature that is available after you take the picture. I give this camera 5 stars for standing up to the vacation and performing with flying colors.
on January 5, 2012
This camera has a lot of features. The main reason I purchased it was to replace another waterproof camera of a different brand that decided after 4 years not to be so waterproof. I looked at this one in person and loved the fact is has two locking mechanisms as well as two different rubber gaskets to seal the battery and memory card compartment.
I love the fact that it is durable and tough enough to use with my job taking pictures in attics and crawlspaces etc. thanks to it being able to be dropped and dust-proof. I also use it when we go to water parks or to go swimming to take pictures of my family. The video quality is very good as well. I use it to take videos to upload to social web sites like facebook, youtube etc. to share them with family and also for our business' website for customer comments.
My only complaint is the quality of the pictures when taken indoors with moving objects, like taking pictures of my boys while they are playing sports, is not the greatest. Overall a great camera for everyday life from work to play. I would not hesitate buying this camera again.