Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dell Aero Unlocked Phone with Android OS, 5MP Camera, GPS and Wi-Fi - Black
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on April 18, 2012
I liked the phone while it worked. Was my first android device. The screen was nice, the apps installed ok.
The phone had trouble registering with tmobile and once a day would need to be restarted. The battery life was pretty weak, about a day. After a week it died while charging and won't turn on. Dell support stinks for the phone. I'm pretty disappointed.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2012
2. If you are interested in a non-apple smartphone, this is it!
Primary function, being a phone, is outstanding. The phone has a good reception and you are able to have clear conversations even in noisy environments like games or construction sites.
Additionally, the screen is amazing and very responsive. GPS, camera and Wi-fi works as expected. Form factor is adequate. The phone is slim and not so heavy.
Despite of the bugs mentioned in several forums, I haven't found any. The piece I got came already with the Android 2.1 update and works straightforward.
It deserves a "well done" for the people at Dell.
1111 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2012
The price was right but the reviews mixed. How could a brand new fully functioning smart phone with Android, wifi, GPS, etc. be priced this low? Sure the processor is a bit slower than the newest phones, Android is advertised as an outdated 1.5 but guess what - the darn thing works really, really well! And Android was updated to 2.1 by Dell and is on it when you get the phone which opens the door to thousands of useful apps. Do not depend on a Dell warranty. Although the phone is new in a broken seal box, an attempt to register and activate the warranty falls short - a "warranty expired" message from Dell and they just barely support the phone on their website. The seller can't explain why and only stands behind their 30 day return policy (with restocking fee etc.)although Amazon policy states a new, unlocked phone must carry a manufacturer warranty. There is info in the box in Turkish and the phone can be set to their language which makes me think it was manufactured for the foreign market and probably purchased in bulk by the seller for whatever reason. None the less, if you want a low cost entry into the Android smart phone world, give this little misfit a try. If you can work around a compacted on screen keyboard and some useless proprietary apps (it was designed for AT&T) you can actually have fun with it. The wifi works great - I even setup free VoIP phone calls with my gmail account without a problem. Every new app I've downloaded works. If you don't need instantaneous response times, this complex light weight smarty will deliver. Get a silicone cover cause it seems so light and fragile it could blow away yet it is sturdy and function keys are well placed once you get used to it. Loading apps on the SD card is ackward but can be done. I've paid more for an MP3 player or a camera - speaking of it has auto focus and and LED "flash" and takes great photos that you can instantly send via your favorite media. Straight Talk mobile uses the AT&T network and works great on this phone. You have to buy their sim and the "unlimited" plan but you get the same massive AT&T coverage and many options for about half the cost. Any GSM sim will work I suppose. Sorry I ramble, but I am beginning to feel like a found a real bargain and want to share. I took a chance and am pleasantly surprised at this point. We'll see as the days go by. Shop around for the best price - I paid $66.00Dell Aero Unlocked Phone with Android OS, 5MP Camera, GPS and Wi-Fi - Black
on May 12, 2012
I also received the phone in Turkish but I eventually found a solution online (contact me if you want the link).

The bad reviews are unfortunate as it was the sellers problem - shipping items configured in Turkish. The phone works well and it is not slow out of the box. It comes with a 2 GB SD card which you can upgrade to 32 GB. To me it is comparable to the Blackberry 8520 that I use and a Nokia C6 that my wife uses (it has a bigger screen & is better looking too!). I use my phones mainly for business so I cannot tell you much about facebook etc... Audible for android works fine. The only cons so far are: I cannot connect to my yahoo account (says I have to have a Yahoo plus account) and the battery life is average not great. It connects fine with gmail though.

Bluetooth work well with my car radio and I am very happy with it considering the price I paid. Dell has a video on Youtube where you can see all the functions and how the phone works. I only have the phone for about a week now so I cannot say much about reliability at this time.
1717 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2012
Let me begin by saying that I love the Dell line of products. In fact my last 2 computer purchases have been Dell and most likely my next purchase will be Dell. With this in mind I jumped at the chance to buy the Aero when it was offered on Amazon. I purchased the phone hoping to take advantage of its 3g capability. However that has not been the case. I purchased the phone thinking that it would work on all gsm networks. My carrier is T-mobile. Thus far I can only make phone calls and text messages. I cannot use their 3g network, only the edge. This makes web surfing nonexistent. I contacted Dell technical support and was advised that the 3g capability only works on ATT, not T-Mobile. Not being able to connect for web data connection greatly diminishes the value of the devise. I do not know how the phone performs on other gsm networks, but I would advise those wanting to use it on T-mobile to save their money. You can find other phones for less that can provide you the same service.

Now that I have complained, let me offer some other considerations for potential buyers. I have no problem accessing the web with this phone using wi-fi. I like the looks and feel of this phone. Its lightweight and sleek looking. Video is clean and crisp. Pictures look good and its easy to use. Sound quality is better than most phones I've used in the past. I would have preferred it the have a 3.5mm jack connection, but you can easily work around this. For these reasons, and the fact that I received the phone in 2 business days after ordering, I gave the device 3 stars.
on June 16, 2012
For less than $100, unlocked, this is a darn good phone. The software is reasonable, though not nearly as well thought-out as iOS from the same (2010) era, and it has a lot of very good technical specifications, such as GPS, multi-band GSM for worldwide usage, and a capacitive touchscreen. You really can't find a modern Android phone with anything like a comparable price and feature set. I successfully downloaded and installed a couple apps from the Android Market, and linked it to my Google account.

I tested the phone with the SIM from a friend's AT&T iPhone. Data and voice calls worked fine. To give you a sense of battery life I can say that after about 26 hours, awake and on Wifi but with no SIM installed the battery is just under 50%. Plan on charging daily.

My phone came with a European-style charger and US adaptor for its plug. (That was actually great for me since I plan to use it in Europe.) The phone came set to European time. The box had some Turkish writing on it, and the box had been opened. Taking all three of those facts together, I presume this phone (like those of other reviewers) came from Turkey. However, it had been cleanly set to work in English by the time it was sent to me.
on August 25, 2012
I brought this unlocked phone with google in it.This phone is made for (( AT&T )) remember this. I changed carriers to family mobile ( T-Mobile ) and had to have the phone jail broke to get it to work on the internet and I still cannot get e-mail or any of the apps. that you need google for it just will not happen.I called the person back that unlocked the phone and he said at&t has a lock that you can't brake the way they have the internet set and at&t reps. say the same thing.SO BEWARE OF THIS DELL AERO IF you just want to talk or look up something or take pictures its for you.
on January 3, 2013
I feel compelled to review this phone, because i feel I could help prospective buyers. I bought two of these phones and I am reasonably satisfied with the purchase. Why two stars? I am very tech savvy although I havent fiddled with many phones. I have rooted and installed custom roms on a few androids. I bought these for my two 8yr old daughters who badly wanted a touch screen phone. However this phone is likely to frustrate most buyers who are thinking that they are getting something of a modern phone based on the appearance. The good - it can be had cheaply and it runs android from a fairly high res touch screen. The bad - it runs android 1.5 and its not upgradable. Despite the many that say its using Android 2+ there are no discussion on any of the android forums that describe how to get it running on 2+ other than some source files that appear on Dells site. If it were possible someone would have documented it - I see several failed attempts. This phone is the poster child of a failed android attempt by a very major tech company. The phone is very very slow and can run very few games without significant lag. A big part of the problem is Android 1.5. So it cannot run very many apps, its very slow BUT its very cute and looks great for the price - something that will appeal to my 8 yr olds. For most other users I would suggest looking elsewhere and the phone has almost no functionality. The interface that Dell insisted on putting is another part of the problem - its very unintuitive and frustrating. Buy this phone only if you want a cool looking phone for a low price, and dont care about apps and speed. The power plug on the phones I bought did not work - they had multiple adaptors that was falling out the US AC sockets and looked more of a fire hazard. They also use the OLDER USB mini jack and the headphone is not a standard headphone jack (USN mini). The battery life is poor and the phones wake up from sleep (both do) every few minutes which further drains the battery.
on August 17, 2012
i buy this item 2 week ago, it works fine, touch screen is perfect,android os is very old but for that price this is perfect purchase i pay 70 $ for it and i am very satisfied... i don't understand why is here negative reviews ... great phone 4+ ... but battery life is short maximum 2 days... thanks
on July 13, 2012
im tight with money but I must say its awesome. Only issues is battery life needs to be longed. But u can charge and surf About 4 hours of surfing straight and then its low not dead.and it dont play youtube but u download the free app then u ,can. I give it a 9 out of 10 its that good. Very light and full pf great apps. Im at&t works well