Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 28, 2011
I decided to return this camera after trying it for a few days. First, the good; the camera is small and easy to hold.
The controls are small (for those in the reading glasses set), but easy to operate. Battery life is good and the 16GB internal storage is adequate for most occasions.
Not so good; The video format is for PC or Mac, not both. I had used the PC format and later discovered that my Mac couldn't recognize the movies I had recorded. The included PC software crashed on my Windows XP system. iMovie on the Mac was able to import the movies.
Less Good; the image quality is not that good. For capturing a basic movie it isn't bad, but low lighting conditions don't work well.
As a basic, easy to use camera for occasional use I like this model. The image quality and low lighting issue is what caused me to return it. For a slightly higher price you can do better.
on April 1, 2012
I got this camera with the intention of trying it and would probably send it back, but thought, "I should at least give it a try, it's a great price." And I'm actually very confused... did I get the same camera that everyone else was reviewing? It says the same model on the side, and it looks the same, but the performance is leaps and bounds above what everyone is saying.

Last night I used it in a dark room with one small light, because people had said that it was only good in very good lighting. My result: AMAZING VIDEO! I was able to zoom in fully and read stuff under low light situations, even with small writing on it from across the room.

I also tested the audio. I stood across a large room and spoke loud then very quiet, then loud and it picked it up all and was audible. I also had no problem working with the video format in full 1080p HD video in even the most basic free software on both PC and Mac.

I'm not sure if they've redone it since everyone else got theirs, but this one is great! I HIGHLY recommend this. For the price, it really can't be beat. If people want proof, I can post video samples in both high and low light situations with quiet and loud audio. Hats off to Panasonic!
on November 8, 2011
We needed a HD camcorder, but didn't want to spend a lot of money and this item was perfect. We use it to record kids' football games and this is very easy to use, both recording and uploading. The menu is very intuitive. The only drawbacks are:
- You must plug in the camera to charge the battery and it doesn't come with a battery recharging stand
- It's size(which isn't really a drawback) as it's pretty small and I fear that I will drop it or that it will fall out of my pocket.

This is perfect for what we needed and at a good price.
on May 25, 2012
I bought this camera for our vacation, and the price was right.

The pros:
Ultra light! This camera is really easy to carry, fits in your hand nicely and is small enough to fit into your cupholder in your car. It's also pretty easy to use. Just point, click, and go. I also like the camera snap function. The pictures I took with it came out nice. They're not spectacular, but they still look good. The video I shot with it also looks good. Connection to my PC was easy and transfers were painless. I didn't need to recharge the unit in the time I used it, so battery life wasn't an issue for me.

Cons: My complaints with it are just minor quarks really. I wish it had a rear viewfinder, instead of needing to rely on the panel on the side. Once you get used to this, it's a non-issue, but if you've never had a camera like this before, could throw you off some. Also the zoom switch on the top is reversed to me from what my old camera was, so when I would go to zoom on something, it wouldn't, and I would have to go the other way. Again, once you get used to it, it's a non-issue. The record button seems a little out of place too, but with the size of the camera, it really can't be anywhere else. My only other complaint is I can't seem to get the camera to consistently record to the SD card, it wants to always save to the internal memory, even though I tell it to save to the SD.

Bottom line: I bought this knowing I may not like it, and if I didn't, I would return it. However, the camera has performed great for what I asked from it. The pros I've seen for it outweigh the cons, even though the cons are more personal than an actual negative on the camera itself. If you need a small handheld HD camera, this should fit the bill nicely.
on December 18, 2011
I have only had this a few days. Recorded a few school plays and I am satisfied with the quality for what I paid. Will update later.
on November 21, 2015
I purchased this video camera for a vacation to central America in 2012. this camera didn't got damaged in a very humid environment. The camera is what it says. it's battery life is lasts enough. And gets stolen a year later.
on December 21, 2011
This is not a reflection on the product or the brand in itself - rather my own experience. We had a simple and easy shopping experience on Amazon, prompt shipping from the seller, however the camera would just not charge. Guess we got a bad piece or something..we wanted to take some memorable videos of our newborn but unfortunately due to the bad item our memories were restricted to pictures.. it left us with a bad taste for Panasonic products for some time to come.. will look at other brands for this item.
on March 11, 2012
I had a miniDV camera and I wanted to upgrade to something that could import the video to my computer easily. I couldn't be happier with this camera! It's easy to use and has the capability to record to a memory card or internal flash. I use a mini-HDMI cable to hook up my camera to my HD tv and the picture is awesome. I'd definitely recommend this camera.
on June 27, 2014
We have been using this camera for about two years now. It is a dependable little fellow without any fuss. It is small enough to fit in a big pocket or one's backpack. Probably by now there are smaller ones, but would I be able to see a smaller screen? We will stick with this one for a while.
on April 1, 2012
This brand new HDC-TM41H Panasonic camcorder purchased at Amazon stopped working right at 90 days old, but was sent in 2 weeks after breaking (after 90 day labor warranty), and labor cost quoted to repair the camera was greater than the cost of the new camera! I only used camera three times, which made it a throwaway camera. Panasonic is offering a meaningless one-year warranty on parts - since labor cost exceeds new camera price wouldn't be sensible to get repaired. Asked a couple of Panasonic customer support organizations for help but got nothing but apologies and references to policy. Assumption is that the higher priced Panasonic cameras also have high labor cost when breaking at/after 90 days. I was very careful with camera (heavily padded case) so I assume its a defect. The problem was mechanical - the automatic lens cover would no longer open when hitting record button, although you could hear a click when it tried to open. Replacment camera will be a Sony or Canon - both highly rated by top consumer magazine.

I have Panasonic Plasma cameras, TVs, DVD players, razors, & cordless phones but wont buy another Panasonic product again after this experience.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.