Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Columbia Sportswear Women's Ice Maiden Lace Cold Weather Boot
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on November 2, 2011
Nice boots. They are very toasty and you can either tuck in your pants or wear them under boot-cut jeans. Because of the mid height and lack of big fluffy faux fur top they work well either way. They're also light weight for the size and style - I wore them all day and they were quite comfy. I have no idea why they call these "Black/Bright Rose." They're all black. The ~1" logo on the bottom of the sole is red. I had already seen them in a store so I knew color description was weird.

They run true to size so probably a good idea to get a half size larger than your normal shoe size if you want to wear heavy socks.

Update 9/13: After two seasons they are still nicely leakproof, and the little bit of stiffness in the ankles goes away after a few wearings. The soles have a nice grip in snow and slush. I'm looking to get another pair in a different color.
33 comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2012
The boots were perfect out of the box. Sizing seemed accurate to possibly a bit small. I usually wear 10.5-11 and the size 11 boots are great. Not too loose, not too tight. I can wear absolutely any socks, thick or thin - even two pairs - and the boots allow for the room. They are incredibly warm, but also breathe well as my feet do not get sweaty or too dry, nor do they overheat.
The only thing I was unsure about was the waterproofing abilities of the boots. I'd only really tested it against the cold (wind) and an inch or two of snow. After this past week however, the boots proved far better than expected. I've worn "waterproof" boots in the past that claimed to be waterproof, but after even tromping around in the snow (wet or not..) my feet would start getting wet, and of course would then be freezing shortly after. After the foot of snow last Saturday started forming 6 inch rivers in the road which I stood in for two hours digging out my car, I'm sold on the abilities of these boots. After the two hours jumping in and out of the water and snow piles, my feet were still warm and dry when I went inside.
They are comfortable enough to wear for extended periods, quite light-weight, and seem very durable. I have no concerns about wearing these boots and giving them a beating in the winters. They were a great choice for the unpredictable winters in Nebraska.
0Comment| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2012
We live in Alaska and need quality winter products in order to stay active during the long winter months that are always snowy, cold, and wet. These boots can keep my feet toasty and dry all day while playing in the snow with the kids. We went camping just after Christmas and it was unseasonably warm for a couple of days so the snow was really wet, but my feet stayed nice and dry even though we were outside sledding and playing hide and seek for hours. I highly recommend these boots that are also really cute and comfortable.
on November 2, 2011
I just got these boots in the pewter blue coral color, and they are so comfortable and cute! The tag says they are good down to -25 degrees so we will see this winter. In Minneapolis it can get very cold and I am hoping these will help when I am out shoveling the driveway early in the morning. I will also see if the suede is as waterproof as they say on these boots. There's nothing worse than cold and wet feet. I got a size up because I read other reviews that said Columbia boots run small. I'm glad I did, my regular size would have been too small to wear these boots with thick socks. They also have lug soles to help with traction on ice, another essential here in Minnesota. The higher shaft up the calf is nice too, to keep snow out of the boot. The other boots I had were too short and filled up with snow. The fur around the top is a nice touch. They are easy to pull on and off, and I have a high arch so I wondered about that. I am hoping for great things from these boots this winter!
44 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2012
I just got the Columbia Sportswear Women's Ice Maiden Lace Boots (Black) on the day it snowed fist in Chicago (2012) and guess what...they were a boon for me. I walked at least a mile with these shoes on and they felt so warm, with no perspiration!!. No leakage and perfect for Chicago snow..It cuts your way in the snow.They fit to the perfect size. So if your shoe size is 7 get the size 7 boots.
on February 13, 2012
These boots are great, especially for the price. They're warm and cozy. I bought them for an upcoming trip and cannot wait to wear them. I bought them true to size(7 1/2) and I tried them on with thicker socks and they fit perfectly.
on December 10, 2012
I went shopping for winter boots at one of the malls and Sporting Goods stores with my sister and couldn't find anything I liked. I wanted something that would keep my feet warm in the -15 degree weather in Northern Minnesota and looked good yet were durable. I FOUND THEM! I absolutely love my new boots. They have sheepskin down to the ankles and a form of wool or other insulator in the foot area. I have worn them out in 17 degree weather without wool socks and my feet were not warm yet not cold. I can imagine if I wore my woolies inside. I got the great boots I wanted and it was easy to choose given the reviews given by the people who cared enough to respond. Read the other reviews and see if these boots are for you. I personally have already sprayed them with water proof spray because I want them to last forever. Try them out. They are AWESOME!
on December 8, 2011
These boots are great, being from Minnesota one needs boots to keep warm and dry for snowing and very cold winters. Although we have only gotten little bit of snow so far I wore these boots and they were great even easy to drive in. And cute as well!
on March 14, 2013
I normally wear a 8 wide in new balance so I was leery about buying these in a B width. They felt slightly tight in one foot but after I wore them a few times they felt fine. I found the size 8 fit fine with thinner wool ski socks but I was unable to wear thick wool socks with the boots. Maybe if I had bought a 8 1/2 I could have worn thicker socks. However, I really did not need thick socks with these boots. The only time my toes were cold was on a northern lights tour with 40 mph winds and temps below freezing. They also were waterproof. I stepped into a frozen stream with water up to my ankle and no water got into the boots. Now I did not stand in the water but just stepped through. I was also worried about the lack of good arch support since I have high arches and others had mentioned these boots have little arch support but I wore these walking for hours around town and had no problem with my feet hurting. These boots lasted through rain, snow and slush with no problems. I also love the fast lace up with these boots. You just pull the top of the laces and they tighten up easily and fast. The laces never came untied either. These boots are a great choice!
on October 12, 2013
I wore these boots last season and felt like I was walking on ice all the time. I even slipped and fell walking down the aisle of the commuter train I take to work. This is the first pair of boots I ever experienced that feeling with and I'm afraid to wear them again.