Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Style: 2 in 1 Adapter|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,565 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,742 reviews
VINE VOICEon September 14, 2012
I purchased several of these for a recent trip to Europe and Africa. All the adapters were from the same manufacturer and every one of them worked well every time I used it.

If you are looking for information on what kind of adapter you will need for your electronics or whatever else you might plug in, here it is very simply:

1) This is simply an adapter, much like the one you might use at home to convert a three prong plug into a two prong one for an older outlet. It DOES NOT convert the power supply in any way!

2) To determine if you can use this adapter for your computer, phone, whatever, look at the back of your device's charging plug or power supply and look for the label with all the small print electrical information on it. Somewhere on the label, near the top, you will see the word "INPUT" with some numbers following it, usually (hopefully) "100-240v." If it DOES have those numbers (100-240v, sometimes 100-250v) you can use this adapter almost anywhere around the world without any problems because your power supply can handle any voltage within the range of 100 and 240 volts and if there is a place in the world outside that range, I don't know where it is. Your device's power source is handling the conversions you need to safely operate your device so all you need is this adapter so it will fit in the local outlet.

3) On some devices, especially older ones and things like curling irons and hair dryers, that "INPUT" area will only have one number, probably "110v." That device will not convert correctly and you will immediately, with nasty smells, burn out whatever you try to plug in when the massive 220v power surges through your unprepared device. I wouldn't even bother taking stuff like that overseas.

The price was very low and considering how I had no problems with any of them, I would rate them as an excellent value. Since the price is so low, I would recommend purchasing two so you have one as a back-up or for the occasional travel companion who, inevitably, doesn't even think about stuff like this.
88 comments| 845 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2012
I purchased this plug converter without much thought. Verizon gave me (with a rental global phone) some plug converters too. Verizon plug adapters did not work. This OREI plug converter from USA to Western Europe (Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands) does work.

Why is this OREU plug ideal and will actually work for you when other plug adapters will fail?

Two reasons:
- This plug has a circular face for the European component. This is critical. Some Western European countries have square surface inputs and some have recessed circular inputs for their power plugs. The circular surface of this OREI plug fits ALL types of Western European power plugs. If you get a plug adapter with a square face, you cannot use the recessed circular input plugs. In the Netherlands, all they had were recessed circular inputs for their plugs. In France where I saw both types, this plugged worked every time.
- Having two input sources for US type plugs is great for practical use. Many European hotels have few power plugs to begin with, so an adapter that doubles the usable outlets is huge if you have a cell phone, laptop, electric razor, etc.

Note 1: this OREI plug I am reviewing takes a USA plug (3 or 2 prong) as input and gives you a European (Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands not England) standard plug.

Note 2: this is a power adapter in that it lets you plug in a USA input and has a European standard output. This device does NOT convert voltage. If you are powering a low Wattage device (generally less than 100 watts) you do not need a voltage converter. Recall that Watts = volts * amps. Charging your cell phone, laptop, razor, digital camera, will be fine with this OREI plug adapter. You do not need a voltage adapter. You can double check if you are unsure by reading the power adapter of your device, it will tell you on the adapter what range is allowed for power. Generally you are fine in the 120volt through 240volt range for small electronics.

Overall this plug adapter is very inexpensive and I highly recommend it. It saved me a ton of hassle once in Europe. I can confirm it works in Netherlands, France, Belgium, and Luxembourg.
33 comments| 286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2015
Works in Peru with no problem. Just bring your own 220V power strip. The 2 USB ports works right out of box without any power conversion.
Be aware, however, that some nicer hotels in Cuzco and Lima will have 110V outlets as an amenity, so it's advisable to call your hotel first to inquire.
on June 12, 2017
Came in handy on our trip to Poland. Was able to keep the cameras and tablet charged and my wife was able to use her hair curler. No issues at all. I did check to be sure all the above items were rated for the higher voltages before using. Appears to be very good quality. I like the extra receptacle so two things can be plugged in at the same time, assuming they don't have transformers that get in the way.
on August 14, 2015
This worked well during our trip to France. We used it to keep our mobile phones and iPads charged. It is compact and snugly fit the outlet in a number of hotel rooms.

I had a to work a little to plug in two devices at one time because the adapter for the device often didn't fit well on the "top" outlet. It wasn't a big deal but something to keep in mind.

Of course, this product provides the adapter for a the plug. It doesn't adjust for a country different voltage so you need to make sure the device you are charging can handle the voltage and Hz in your destination country. Most modern electronics do handle different voltages but check the fine print on your plug.
on June 19, 2017
Worked great for us both in France and Germany. Didn't get to try any other countries. Waayyyyy cheaper than buying in the airport. If you're traveling to Europe, make sure to have one for each country that requires a different adapter. These are nice, because you can actually plug in two phones at the same time - one in the back and one on top. Highly recommend!
on June 26, 2016
Bought this adapter for a trip to Portugal. Worked perfectly for US plugs. The adapter has two indicator lights for voltage. With 110V (at home) one indicator lit. With 220V (away) both indicators lit. USB socket worked with both 110 and 220 mains supply. USB socket readily charged my camera batteries and GPS. Nokia users (if there are any besides me) please note USB power was not accepted by my Nokia N8 and I had to use a mains adapter.
on May 11, 2015
We just returned from a trip to Europe - Switzerland, Germany, France, and UK. Each country has a different electrical outlet requiring different adaptors (we did not use a convertor). We traveled with an I-Pad, two I-phones, two I-pods, and an e-reader. We purchased two adaptors for each country. We never had a problem and were able to charge all of our electronics in each of the countries we visited. Adaptors are a must when traveling in Europe and the OREI plugs worked very and were competitively priced.
on July 26, 2017
Worked great in London, Paris, and Switzerland. I bought this particular set because it had the right adapter for Switzerland. I used it to mainly to charge my iphone and my digital camera, one at a time. I used my regular 2 prong plugs that I use in the US. (Did not need voltage converter for what I was using, I think my camera charger was already dual voltage). I also used the single USB adapter.

One note, it sticks out from the wall so if you are trying to use it in a tight spot,it may not work (I never encountered this).
on July 20, 2016
Glad I had this device on my recent trip to Spain. I was able to plug my dual voltage hair dryer directly into the wall outlet (Conair 1875 watt dual voltage folding hairdryer--which I also purchased on Amazon). Worked without any hitches! Small and easy to pack in my backpack.