Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on March 4, 2012
The Fuji Z900exr is a very nice camera in most respects. I returned a Sony TX55, which was wonderful and tiny. The reason for the return was that there was no simple way to get the icons and data off when viewing--to show pics to friends etc. Each swipe brought them back for 4 or 5 seconds, cluttering the view.

In this respect, the z900 was perfect. There was an icon to simply turn off all icons and data (except a small icon in the lower right to bring them back.) The screen was also much more responsive, at least for me. The TX55 was too sensitive--many times it would trigger just hovering over an icon. The z900 is also a small camera, though a fair degree bigger than the TX55. My current search is for an ultracompact with a non-extending lens. It doesn't have to be a touch-screen, but it seems most of them are, with my other parameters. I might have kept the z900 if not for what I consider a design flaw. It's possible mine was defective this way, but more likely it's a really bad design. That's the fact that when zooming during shooting a movie, the camera would invariably defocus until the zooming stopped. No other camera I've used does this. It's downright nasty. Who wants to see a blurry image every time the zoom is used? Plus, the low-light movie sensitivity was not good--far worse than my 3 year old Casio S12.

The look and feel of the z900 is excellent. It feels well-made, although a bit on the heavy side. It's a few mm bigger in all directions than my S12, and I was hoping to go smaller or the same size. IQ (Image quality) of the z was quite good, although surprisingly not much better than the older s12. The TX had better IQ than either of these in most cases, though the actual resolution (instead of general color and appearance) wasn't really better than either the z or the s (when taking into account the difference in megapixels).

So I'm still searching. I've tried a Sony Tx5 and that seems to meet all my requirements. Small, non-protruding lens, waterproof(!), and it has a feature that turns the icons off. However, it's 2 years old and only 10mp (my s12 is 12mp). IQ of the Tx5 is outstanding. The Sony TX10 is similar, but doesn't allow turning the data and icons off! So I'm waiting for the newly announced TX20 and crossing my fingers.
on December 17, 2012
I did considerable research before buying this camera. I though it would be good for taking pictures of my kids while they're moving. It takes blurry pictures when they are still! I've tried all their fancy settings and nothing works. I thought I just had to get used to it and figure it out, but after a few months with it I have not had any "great" pictures. Just blurry. I know my way around digital cameras and this one is a waste of money.
I previously had a Nikon. I am going to buy another Nikon even though I can no longer return this one. I feel like it's better not to take pictures at all then come out with these horrible blurry ones. My Kodak from 2007 took better pictures.
on May 3, 2013
Is this a good camera? Refer title! Outstanding item. Plenty of features, great quality, compact, sharp photos and simple enough for an old guy to figure out (62). Highly recommend.
on May 20, 2015
Great product
on December 9, 2011
Though I haven't used this product for long, I'm happy with its features and quality of pictures. It's a good product!
on July 23, 2012
I have ordered the Fujifilm FinePix Z900EXR Ditigal camera Big Value through Amazon. They set up the delivery instructions so that no delivery can be made without a signature. For those of us who work during the day, this type of delivery is obviously innapropriate.

When contacting the company, they have advised me that if the item is not delivered it would then be sent to Big Value and I would get a total refund. They could NOT resend it to me within different delivery instructions. They blamed this as being an Amazon policy which I know is false as I have ordered from amazon several times without this being a problem.

So even if I still wanted to buy the camera from them they could not send it to me with instructions which meet my needs. How do they stay in business with this type of customer service? Amazon should be embarred by this situation.

11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.