Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on August 2, 2011
I've had the Dell Inspiron laptop for about a month now, and I'm wondering how I could possibly have lived "BDI" (Before Dell Inspiron). The 17" screen has amazing color and resolution and seems as large as a football field, I'm in the "I'LL Never Have Another Desktop" crowd. I am still discovering all of the bells and whistles, it's lightning fast(I have high speed DSL), more memory than an elephant, and has a built-in web cam. I also purchased the Microsoft Office software and it loaded flawlessly. Couldn't be happier with this purchase. I took advantage of the 6 months no interest offer, which is a great bonus. Shipping was quick and safe. Get one and be happy!
on August 22, 2012
I'm very happy with my purchase! The 17.3" screen is very, very, comfortable. It also has an excellent definition. Wireless is fast. The three USB 3.0 ports are very fast! The laptop's speakers are better thar others... With headphones, the sound is amazing.

It's a little heavy, and big... but I didn't choose it to use out of my house, so, that is not important to me.

The battery... sadly, lasts less than 2 hours... =(

Finally, I can say that... It's an excellent product!

Estoy súper contenta con la compra que hice. Después de ver tantas opciones que se ajustaban a mi presupuesto, puedo decir que estoy muy, muy, muy satisfecha con mi adquisición. El tamaño de la pantalla es maravilloso, y su definición es aún mejor. La navegación en internet es rápida, los puertos USB 3.0 son veloces. Es rápida a la hora de arrancar y apagarse. Respecto a las cornetas, me parece que tienen muy buen sonido y volumen, considerando que es una laptop. Por supuesto que, conectándole audífonos u otras cornetas el sonido es espectacular.

El hecho de ser pesada y grande la hace poco portátil, pero.... no la escogí por lo portátil, sino, precisamente, por lo grande de la pantalla, que la hace muy cómoda para la vista!

La batería dura poco, dependiendo, por supuesto, de lo que esté haciendo... pero como es para usarla en casa, no tengo problema en conectarla a la corriente eléctrica... y siempre queda la posibilidad de comprarle una batería de 9 celdas...

En conclusión, me parece una excelente adquisición a un buen precio!
on September 22, 2011
I love this laptop! its perfect for everything, even gaming. Windows 7 is better than any of its predecessors. the 17" screen is perfect for writing essays and doing other school work, and watching HD movies. the price is right and dell is a great computer company... unlike HP or Apple. It keeps its charge and is the perfect laptop for any purpose. id recommend this laptop to anyone. and the free xbox 360 was great too! (end of summer deal)
on September 29, 2011
This is my first laptop so not a lot to compare it to, but here goes, I love the clarity of the display, it is a little slow on the start up but is very fast once it is booted up. The thing I am most disappointed in is the battery life, I may get 2 hours if I'm lucky. Overall it is a good machine and I haven't had any problems at all.
on November 8, 2011
This would be an excellent computer if you were using it with an external keyboard and mouse, but the front edge is sharp and hurts the palms of my hands after a short time. There is a lip on the front that protrudes and will leave an indention in your palms when using the touch pad, causing discomfort. This can be quite painful after extended use. Most laptops have a rounded front edge, not so much with this one. This type of discomfort could be isolated to those of us with large hands.

The other CONS for me are the keyboard layout and touch pad. I thought I would like the keys being farther apart from one another, but I didn't care for this feature. I found that I had to look down at the keys while typing, more so than I would have with a typical keyboard. Maybe with time this can be overcome. The touch pad swipe features are cool when they work. If you don't touch the sweet spot just right you'll find yourself frustrated after a bit. I messed with the sensitivity and all other touch pad settings and it still was not as responsive as I would like. I also had issues with the pointer jumping all over the screen. This was not due to the touch pad being inadvertently grazed by my hand. This was not a constant problem, but it did happen daily.

The touch pad left and right buttons "are not" the quiet type. I don't like the loud click type buttons and I wish that this would have been listed in the description. If you or others around you are the type to be bothered by this, look elsewhere.

The speed of the computer is good, the large display is GREAT and the BRD player was a nice feature, but for someone who likes to use their laptop in their lap at home on the couch or in bed, this may not be the most comfortable laptop for you.

I called Amazon and spoke with a Customer Service Rep and was told they don't handle 3rd party returns or exchanges. I thought I would have received more help than that. I wasn't happy with this so I went to the Amazon returns page and started the return process there. Low and behold I had a response from the 3rd party seller in less than an hour with return instruction.

***UPDATE*** 5 Feb 2014
I decided to keep the laptop and I've been using it daily for over 2 years now. It is a great multi-purpose computer and I would recommend it.
PROS: Awesome display, love the keyboard now, movies, games, word processing, graphic design all perform very well. No performance complaints at all.
CONS: I still hate the front lip as it is very uncomfortable. The hinges are not as smooth and have begun to get very stiff and making a cracking noise. The upper left screen bezel has cracked (no rough handling, just normal opening and closing of the lid) I'll be replacing the hinges and bezel soon. It takes several minutes to connect wirelessly to the internet. The left/right touch pad buttons are noisy. Battery life has been reduced to about 1.5 hours during constant use (fairly normal battery issue).
on October 30, 2011
This model of Inspiron is user friendly,powerfull,and responsive! Many extras and Blu-Ray too make this a great value for the money spent. This is the second laptop I've owned and it is,by far, superior to my previous laptop. I would recommend this laptop for multipurpose use and for turbo speed performance!
on December 16, 2011
It's a Dell, what else can I say. I've had Dells before and I am never disappointed. It is fast, clean and easy to handle and the price was right. Amazon was quick and efficient.
on July 23, 2011
First of all, 17" is too big to carry around, but I mostly use it at home. I like the keyboard but I hate the touchpad. The touchpad is so big and so sensitive. When I type with keyboard, the touchpad often move cursor to another place. Very annoying.

Other thoughts, There is no way to open the bottom so it wont let you update memory or hard drive in the future. do not like this.

The battery, I saw some information saying the battery can last 2 hours. It can only last 1 hour. I did charge the battery for more than 12 hours before I turn on laptop.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.