Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 18, 2011
Note older reviews show good customer service, recent ones are AWFUL!!! Ordered this instead of purchasing same unit locally for 300 more dollars. However, unit arrived with wrong amt of RAM, who knows what else different? After many confusing phone calls got vendor to agree to reimburse me (in writing) for local installation of additional RAM but after many days and submission of invoice I have still not received any acknowledgement of receipt of invoice or payment for same. Saved money but not worth it! Would NEVER use this vendor again! Buyer Beware!
4 helpful votes
on February 22, 2012
EXCELENTE COMPUTADORA, MEJOR ACABDO QUE LA INSPIRON, ES MUY RAPIDA, EL EMPAQUE ES MUY FUERTE, MUY BUENA PRESENTACION, DICE QUE ES ENSAMBLADA EN CHINA
on November 20, 2015
I honestly don't understand why people don't like this laptop, it's been good to me. Even at 4 years old I'd recommend it as a solid school/work laptop. I'm a full time college student that got this laptop used and it's been my primary computing device for the last two years. The only thing hurting it is the touchpad, which intermittently decides not to work. Build quality is great, this thing doesn't feel chintzy and fragile like most laptops these days. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another used one if I could find it.

I don't remember what HDD originally came in this machine (I replaced it with a 500GB at 7200rpm), but I would recommend replacing it as I recall it didn't have much storage. Other than that, unless you have the 2GB RAM version, you're good to go!
on October 10, 2012
I am a Dell lover, had a Inspiron for 6 years and had my Vostro for 2 years. Unfortunately, I do NOT recommend the Vostro to ANYONE because its quality does not come to the same standard as the Inspiron.

The 2nd week of ownership, by the time I cannot return to my reseller anymore the chassis start getting loose and make squeaky noises everytime I type.

Within the next 2 years the HDD connectors came loose 4 times so I could not start my system, lucky I had warranty for onsite support (Which is excellent btw). But it did not fix the root cause and I just conclude the design is flawed.

After my 2 years warranty expired I am an orphan user left with a poorly designed machine, and have to rely on paid tech support for something that's depreciated to... NOTHING.

I still love my old Inspiron and my Dell support team, but I don't trust and recommend the new Dell products.
on August 5, 2012
The title says what is great about this product. It's fast and can get stuff done. I needed a laptop for school and I needed one to last through high school. We got ours from the Dell factory to personalize it and everything which was well worth it. I think this computer could work very well from a student to an executive. My father is a CEO of three online companies and has been very impressed with it's quality. Nothing has gone wrong yet and I don't think it will. Obviously it works great for school purposes but I don't know about how it would be in a business. All I know is you get what you pay for and you get what you think you will get.
on December 6, 2011
I bought this direct from Dell so this is a review of the actual product and not the vendor or Amazon.
The build quality of this laptop is horrible. It feels like the "metal" used on the exterior is about as thick as a coke can. Also, the keyboard has so much flex that it feels horrible and it makes this aweful hollow "clank" every time you press a key.
On the good side: the backlit aspect of the keyboard is nice and that's about it.
Stay away - I returned mine to Dell and got a refund.
4 helpful votes
on January 6, 2012
good PC strong processor, performance was strong as well, But: very bad built casing, falls apart after a while or get bent, really annoying to have to deal with it, sold it on Craigslist after i bought it.

over all srtong PC i got a to say, however, you pay a small premium for your dell and want some return, not here. really frustrating to have the case just fall a part on you,.
2 helpful votes
on July 13, 2013
I bought this laptop in 2011 for programming and day to day computing. After 2 years of use I can say with confidence it was definitely one of the better laptop purchases given the product price point around six hundred dollars. I would recommend this product for those who need a reliable low cost machine for non-gaming related computing.
on July 23, 2012
having owner 9 different computers i have never seen anything remotely close to being as bad as a dell vostro. it is extraordinarily slow in doing everything from booting to using. the touchpad is eerily unresponsive. scrolling is virtually a no-go, flipping back to the top whenever you let go. i would never ever again consider a dell product.
on June 9, 2014
Had this for 4 years, never had a problem. Great build quality.

Wish they still made the vostro line. Will be moving to another dell this year. (Will still use this one though!)
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.