Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on August 9, 2012
I purchased the Lighting Ever 7w led bulb to solve a difficult problem. I am disabled and have a light fixture in our basement hallway that is difficult to change. I thought that a bulb that is expected to last for 18 years, which they state on the package, would solve my problem. I had my son in law put it in and it worked great for two weeks then burnt out. I emailed a complaint to Lighting Ever and they emailed back that my complaint is with the distributor. Any company that doesn't stand behind they're product will not get my business again.
on December 3, 2012
I bought this bulb to use in a light fixture that is up high and it is difficult to replace bulbs in it. I only bought one because I wanted to see how it would look and how much light it produced. The light output and the color matched that of the incandescent 60 watt bulbs in the fixture, so I was planning to buy more of these. However it stopped working after less than an hour of usage. Unfortunately I didn't get the bulb installed until after the 30 day Amazon return period had expired. I wish I had read the reviews before buying the bulb because almost half of the reviewers had a similar experience. Amazon should stop selling this bulb as it is obviously defective.
on April 13, 2014
I purchased 17+ months ago in August, 2012 and installed it in a bathroom wall light as the main light source for that room. It was slightly extra bright but that was wanted for a bathroom (gotta make sure you're clean all over! :-) Also it was, IMO, the right color tone for a room where one looks at oneself in a mirror.

After 17+ months of usage I decided to order a second for another, similar, bathroom.

I have no complaints and am very happy. I realize that others have had miserable luck with this bulb -- as stated in their reviews. I personally can not account for all the variation in experiences. I do know that whiled the actual LEDs do not get hot the internal circuits inside the bulb casing do get warm, even hot, and that bottled up head in a light fixture means death to the internal circuits.

The vendor I used in August, 2012, was NEON MART. And, therein, is something to note:
This bulb was originally listed as ASIN B004YZRNKW. Now Amazon lists it two ways:
-- ASIN B005HT38D0, Lighting EVER part number 100015, offered by a single vendor, _not_ NEON MART;
-- ASIN B008OBEDSM, Lighting EVER part number 100022-WW, offered by NEON MART,
fulfilled by Amazon _and_ shopped in the bulb's "original package"

Sometimes the vendor one uses _is_ important -- especially since counterfeit goods are turning up everywhere!
on May 27, 2013
Add me to the fail group. I bought one of these back in 2012. Along with some other LED bulbs. This one has been sitting NIB on a storage shelf since it came. Actually I think I pulled it out and turned it on when it came. It worked, I put it away for future use. I finally had a spot for it yesterday. Screwed it in and turned it on. Came on, looked nice. Left the room. Came back 15 minutes later and the light was off. Tried different lamps, different plugs, whatever.... dead bulb!

I don't think I got my money's worth. And now of course there is no way to return it so that's just a waste of money. I bought several of the Phillips bulbs at the same time and I've been using them every day since then. Not one of them has failed or even changed output in any way. And my G7 bulbs are still working as well.

I have to agree.... don't buy these bulbs!
on January 21, 2013
We bought these LED light bulbs to do a comparison test with incandescent light bulbs. The LED bulb that we bought is rated at 7w which is supposed to be equivalent to a 75w incandescent bulb, NOT. It is more in line with a 40-60w incandescent bulb. The LED bulbs are more directional than a regular bulb and have a distinctly whiter light. There is no reason to believe that they will not outlast an incandescent bulb by about 50 times and be much more energy efficient. You just have to be willing to outlay a little bit more money for them upfront. They far exceed the life and energy efficiency of the flouresent bulbs that our wonderful government made mandatory. To get the wattage output that you want it is safe to buy an LED bulb that is approximately 1/7 the wattage of the incandescent bulb you are replacing. BTW, LED bulbs hold up better in extremely cold climates for outdoor use. As more and more households buy these bulbs they will become more cost effective too.
on May 11, 2013
We are slowly replacing all of our lights with LED and we are already seeing a savings on our power bill.
Even better we have been able to use these bulbs in older more delicate lamps and prolong their life. LED's
do not produce heat. No heat means that the older Bakelite and ceramic parts are not being baked continuously.
It is prolonging the life of the lamp shades as well. Good bright light at the lowest price.
Check out the LED candles as well. With built in timers it is easy to make it look like someone is home
for pennies.

Even more important unlike those lousy curlicue florescence bulbs LED lights are not toxic.
They do not contain MERCURY like florescence curly bulbs.
on November 21, 2012
Had it for less than 10 months in an area that got little to no use. At most, light was on, three days a week, for no more than two three hours. So stated thousands of hours of life is just not true!
on December 18, 2012
I'm an early adopter so I'm used to having a few issues with LED tech. In this case, my two complaints are:

1) despite being called "warm white", this bulb's light looks rather cool / blue / daylight. I wish they'd give a K rating and not just a subjective adjective.

2) as the picture might suggest, the bulb projects most of its light off the end. In my use, it would be nice if it was a bit more nearly-all-round like an incandescent.
on July 13, 2012
WARNING! DO NOT BUY THESE BULBS..!!!!

Short review to say I was impressed with how substantial the bulb felt in my hands when I opened the box. I bought 4 for my kitchen. The previous owner had CFL and they looked so wrong in the cans lol. Anyway after I installed the bulbs i was really impressed with how bright they were compared to CFL. They are in overhead cans directing down from a high ceiling. What an immediate difference, plus instant on. I will order more. I ordered only for rooms where i use the lights a lot.

Also i ought this through Amazon as I trust their delivery and refund policies. Go Amazon lol

In any case I will followup later after I have had these for awhile.

So far I am impressed. MPC

UPDATE!! I have ordered 10 of these and so far I have 6 either not work out of box, go out in minutes or days later. I live in fairly new home and NONE of my other past bulbs did this. I DO NOT RECOMMEND these bulbs. Now i have all the hassle of boxing up and sending these crap bulbs back.

I was so excited when I first got them. What a waste of money and time

UPDATE: I am down to only two bulbs working and what junk! What complete wste of time and money! WARNING! DO NOT BUY THESE BULBS..
on September 10, 2012
This light is really a 40W replacement at 500 lumens, where a 60W is 800 lumens. The color is on bar with a standard incandescent bult. There is no humm, and the buld lights instantly. The directional output isn't bad compares well to a 40W. Good packaging. Minus 1 star for stating that it's a 60W replacement, Minus 1 star for product length of use as they have only been installed for a week or so.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.