Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 417 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 430 reviews
on August 27, 2012
Who needs 70 dollar MMA shorts? These work just fine! They function as any pair of MMA shorts should - durable strong material, no external pockets, buttons, zippers. String on the inside to keep things tight. Velcro lined zipper and waist. There's a small pocket on the inside, big enough to hold maybe a few bucks cash and a house key. But don't be that guy / gal if you roll with this crap inside your pockets.

I am a beginner, so I was looking for a good pair of fight shorts to get things started right. I purchased a pair of these shorts and I plan on ordering more in the future! I got the Medium shorts, as I am 5'7 140 lb (Typically I wear 30 - 32 inseam) and the shorts go down at the knee, if not a tiny bit past the knee.

**Edit 10/29/13
I ended up purchasing another pair of shorts, but got a small this time around. Small fits me perfectly, and the shorts fit just slightly lower than the product image shows. About knee height.
on April 21, 2016
I've been using these shorts for grappling at least once or twice a week for about a year, and I have to say they are definitely good for the price. They've proven to be durable, and have worked well for me while training. The reason I can only rate these 4 out of 5 stars is just a matter of personal preference. I prefer the shorts that have material that is somewhat stretchy because movement generally feels more natural to me in them. The material on these shorts does not stretch at all, so you need to have things like long slits on the side to keep the shorts from impeding your movements. That being said, they did a good job with this design and I never started to notice these things much until I started wearing shorts made of more techy material.
on August 13, 2014
I think these shorts look awesome and they seem like they will hold up. Unfortunately, even after one return they still don't fit. They are too small and the sizing chart is misleading. I wear a size 36 in jeans and the XL was still very tight. I have another brand of MMA shorts and it's a size 36, fits perfectly. I would recommend anyone over size 36-38" to please not waist your money.
on August 12, 2014
I will however say these are AMAZING during the WOD's and I can see how they're amazing for a MMA styling too. Squatting/leaping/and high kick positions move with ease. there is no clothing pressure or drag. you have all open space for movement.

fits a little smaller than I would say to my jean sizes. Ordered 32, I typically wear a 30-32 waist in my jeans (levis, calvin klein two brands I know I own off top of my head) The "Tight" area is just off the waist. the waist itself fits about right, but immediately after it it's tight like and then very lose, perhaps this is how these are designed to be worn, but i prefer a overall loose fit.
on May 11, 2013
I'm getting back into fighting, and after a long search for something comfortable to wear, decided I'd take a chance and order the XT-46 shorts from Soffe here. The thing is, I have one of those stupid waist sizes. A size 30 is a tiny bit too tight for me, and a 31 is too loose (I guess I'm a 30.5). Still, I went with the medium size, hoping that the velcro waist and string on the inside would help me out if the shorts were too loose.

Amazingly, they fit perfectly!

I'm 5'11" and 155 lbs, and the shorts are just slightly above my knees. The material is a lot more comfortable than I was expecting too, similar to your average swimming trunks. The velcro waist and crotch ensures that the shorts will stay on you securely. I was a little thrown off by the string being on the inside, since I'm used to having it on the outside of my old gi pants, but it's great and was an extra help in making sure the shorts fit me. What I loved about these the most is the colored parts on the inside of each leg (whatever color option you get, mine were grey). These can stretch and make it easier to move if someone's got you by the leg of your shorts. It's very similar to what Hayabusa has on their combat shorts.

Moving around, stretching, kicking and throwing knee attacks is a breeze. The shorts don't have any pockets or anything on the outside that could be used against you when rolling- they're strictly for MMA! There is, however, a tiny pocket inside on the right side of the waist for your keys. It's very small and closes with velcro. I've put my keys in there when jogging and didn't experience any discomfort.

The only drawback is that these are incredibly baggy. They flow like a skirt kinda when you're walking around, so they may look kinda dumb if you wear them out and about. On the mat though, they get the job done.
on March 22, 2015
I bought these workout shorts for doing crossfit. They work perfect. The fit and feel is spot on. The shorts are very versatile, which is important when doing crossfit. These shorts cost around 22.50. You get a great product without paying for a name brand. I have bought 5 pairs of these shorts over the last two years. The durability is there as well. Would definitely recommend for the workout enthusatist would doesn't care about wearing a name brand.
on August 20, 2015
1) They are very true to size. I bought larger than I needed, as I prefer more crotch space and taller inseam, but they were so true to size that it is too big.

I normally wear 30, sometimes a 31. I bought Medium, which is made for 32-34. I can wear them, but it requires pulling the velcro extra tight, and doesn't get a full velcro-bond then.

I would buy a Small if I repurchased. I will be gifting the Medium's that I bought.

2) They are a bit baggy. I bought these intended for use in grappling arts. They are a bit too lose, and people's feet might get caught in them. I'm sure it's not a huge problem, as the side legs have cut-out flaps that allow more space.

They would be great for sports or MMA I'm sure judging by how open and baggy feeling the shorts are.

I've since purchased another pair designed more specifically for grappling.

on May 29, 2015
This is my first mma/grappling shorts. I used it today during nogi class and it got the job done. The fit at the waist is snug, I would have like it to be a tiny bit more spacious but I'm not going to complain considering the affordable the price. Plus, I'm an overweight guy too so that will cause some contour problems. I do not want to spend $50-$70 for a single pair of shorts, period, so this product was perfect for me. That being said, I love the spacious leg/thigh range of motion with the shorts. The cloth does not get in the way at all during lateral and frontal thigh movements. I just ordered a second pair so I can have two total. The length comes at just to the knee for me and I'm 5'5" tall. I was afraid it was going to be too long because I'm short but that wasn't the case. If your a male with a size 38 waist I would go with the size XL. I'm a 35/36 waist(slowly losing weight) and the large was 'almost' too small for my liking(but it wasn't).
on June 5, 2013
UPDATE: Just purchased my 4th pair of these shorts. Still love 'em. I've put each pair through about 25 WODs and they are holding up great. I would warn you that the white pair show dirt very easily, but it washes out just as easily.

__________________________________

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

The Good: These are great shorts for crossfit. They are very flexible due to the slit in the legs and the stretchy material in the crotch and inner thigh. They seem to be constructed of durable materials, and the velcro closure with the inner tie lace keeps them tight and secure around the waste. You also cannot beat the price.

The Bad: I would have given them 5 stars, but the sizing chart listed is incorrect. They are actually smaller than listed. The size large just barely fits me now since my waste size recently shrunk to 34 inches. When my waste was 36 inches, I could not wear these shorts... not even close. I would say the Large fits a 32 - 34" waste.

The Indifferent: The inner tie lace is a little awkward to tie and I'm not sure if it's really needed, but it's there if you need it for an extra secure fit.
on May 22, 2014
I'm a newbie with jiu-jitsu, and for the first few weeks I attended classes, I was wearing my usual workout shorts - cheap basketball trunks from Target. These basketball shorts were fine for jogging and doing CrossFit, but once I started jiu-jitsu their impracticalities were immediately apparent: they weren't snug (got pulled down a few times), they had pockets (which hands and feet got tangled in), and they had a double-lining of slick fabric (resulting me sliding all over the place while changing positions).

These Soffe XT-46 shorts are absolutely perfect. No pockets, fit snugly, and they're single-lined so I'm not sliding around unintentionally. If you're learning any combat sport and you've stuck with your usual basketball / casual jogging shorts, you're doing yourself a surprising disservice.

**EDIT:** A few months into owning my second pair, and the stitching has come undone below the velcro "zipper" and above the "crotch panel." Contacted the manufacturer and they blew me off, which was really disappointing. I guess for the price they're still good shorts, but maybe don't expect them to last too long. :-/

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.