Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 6, 2013
Yes. I'm on, oh, let's see, maybe my 16th free replacement HTC Sensation from T-Mobile. I'm pretty sure no one else is going to actually purchase this buggy, erratic phone anymore, but I wanted to put my negative review in just to be sure. Any positive review for this phone is from 2011. Do your research, this phone has no longevity.
on September 11, 2013
I bought my HTC Sensation 4g about 2 weeks before Christmas 2011. I was upgrading from my HTC MyTouch 3g, which by then had become slow and lethargic due to apps that required more horsepower than the single-core processor could provide. I have loved my Sensation 4g for the 15 months or so that I used it and I think the 4.3 inch screen is the perfect size. In May 2013, I upgraded to the HTC One, which is ranked as the number one Android device by many publications. I handed my old Sensation 4g phone to my daughter after getting the local T-mobile store to reinitialize and install a new sim card with a new number for my daughter. Needless to say, she loves the phone, even though it's 2 year old technology now. I love my HTC one, but in my pocket, I sometimes miss the smaller size of my old Sensation 4g. Oh, by the way, I got a Sensation 4g for my wife on Valentines day 2012. She loves her Sensation 4g, too.
on February 16, 2012
the HTC has amazing specs on paper. 4g, High megapixel camera, fast processor. Unfortunately that is all worthless because the software on it is crap and HTC never released any updates to fix it. The camera is horrible, every picture comes out blurry due to the software processing. the phone reboots every so often on its own. The phone takes screen shots and wont stop for no reason. Do yourself a favor, buy a motorola or a samsung
on December 27, 2014
This is a phone you do not want to keep for a long time. At first, the performance is great, but it sadly fails to impress me with it becoming slowly outdated and the insufficient amount of applications I can download onto it, regardless of the external memory. Also, its battery life depletes rapidly while playing music and videos. I would not recommend anyone to keep this phone for long term.
on October 1, 2013
I have had this phone for 2 years and truely it has been one very frustrating breakdown after another.. I did have almost a full year of good working phone but when I got it It broke down within months with a problem that would plague me for the next 6 and get so bad I had to send it back ( randomly just shuts off) ontop of that after I got that fixed (sent away 2 times) I also have the problem of it randomly wont connect to the internet and I have to take the battery and everything out just to get it to work again.. Now I had the first problem reaccur again but I found a google fix for it. That being said a new problem just as bad has come up.. the touch screen is screing up BADLY and costs $140 to get it fixed.. *sigh* it was a good phone aside from all the stupid problems that have come up. sorry HTC but I'm dissapointed in this product. Now I'm stuck with another year of contract or pay up $140 to get it fixed and hope no new problems arise.
on December 24, 2011
I am using this device for a few months can't wait to change it.. The battery life is terrible, I have to charge my phone 3 times a day. I was trying to tur of wi fi, blutooth, apps and what ever.. Anyway even if you talk for 10 15 min itis dead in a couple hours...
on September 5, 2012
I purchased this phone brand new through t-mobile. It worked great (even had free wifi hotspot capability until I upgraded from Gingerbread to Ice cream sandwich) for four months. That's when it started to develop a problem that this phone is known for.... screen freeze and uncommanded resets. It started off slowly, maybe once a day, but over a week's time, it was a 5 - 6 times per day thing. The phone would perform a restart on it's own. Very annoying.... especially in the middle of a call as I would have to wait for the phone to cycle back on before I could call the person back.

t-mobile sent me a replacement which worked perfectly for about 12 hours, and then it began to do the same stuff...except worse. Currently working directly with HTC for a repair or replacement.

I'd consider another model - HTC makes great phones but the Sensation is hit & miss.... not good if you're away from home on business.
on March 15, 2012
The HTC Sensation is a awesome smartphone! I love mine! I have had no problems with it! It's fast, and incredibly easy to use the image quality is outstanding! This is the best phone I've ever owned and I've owned blackberries , androids, I phones, but this phone beats them all! There is so much you can do with this phone and all ability are easy to learn ! I use my phone as a wireless router,I tether my device, sync with my computer and I learned to do these things with no problems! HTC makes it easily done! I love expandable memory,I' ve changed my card to a 16GB for more apps, yes most apps can be moved to the SD card freeing up phones memory. Video is simplily fabulous on this phone ! This phone is incredibly fast! I highly recommend this phone!you can personalize the seven home screens and make it truly your style! Can't say enough about good things!you must see for yourself,you will LOVE it!
on November 25, 2012
I bought this phone, the day it was released, back in May, 2011.

2 hardware defects:

1) Incoming calls: I can no longer hear the person on the other end. They hear me, but I can't hear them. The only workarounds are using a headset or switching to speakerphone.

I've confirmed this is definitely a hardware defect (and not a software, routing, or settings issue).

2) GPS internal antenna is very weak. I've had assisted-GPS phones that lock within a few seconds. This phone takes 2+ minutes. And, in the car, unless it's sitting on my dashboard, it only barely gains a lock within 20 feet. Absurd.

So, aside from the phone not being to make phone calls, and the GPS not being able to navigate... it's just peachy.
on March 1, 2012
I used to think I won't need smartphones. How wrong I was! Once I got this thing, I cant leave home without it.

This phone is a BEAST when it comes to things like office, video playback, internet, and speed of basically everything. I can study off my powerpoints on Kingsoft Office while listening to youtube music on Dolphin Browser HD, all on 4G connection.

If there was an option for a 4.5/5 I would choose it. The phone is not without imperfections, and the major hang is BATTERY LIFE! Taking calls or making calls with this smart phone drains its battery HEAVILY. Have to turn down quite a few features once you get it (most of non-essential sync, brightness), they are all unnecessary stuff you don't need.

This was my first smartphone, but I can already tell other people are jealous of my sexy phone.