Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 1, 2017
Good bra. Since I read the reviews, I knew to go up one band size, but I still have it on the loosest hooks. Holds the girls up high and shapes nicely. I'm wearing a very lightweight shirt, and there is no nipple show-through, though it allows a bit of bulge out the sides and back. I definitely recommend.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 25, 2015
Dear Playtex,

You advertised this bra under "full figure" and used words like "lift" and "support."

I do not think those words mean what you think they mean.

I am a full figured woman. Gravity, children, time, and the weight of my full figured chest have conspired against me. If I'm not wearing an adequate bra, I can punch myself in the face during a windstorm. My boobs are doing their best to become intimately acquainted with my waistline. When I see the words "lift" and "support," I expect LIFT and SUPPORT.

Instead, this is a bra made of a very soft, pliable fabric with zero shape that isn't provided by cranking the shoulder straps as tight as they will go. There's no actual lift. There's a bare hint of padding--akin to the width of a folded up square of toilet paper--that is crushed beneath the weight of my curvaceous face-punchers. It never had a chance. The only support provided by this bra is the promise that in a windstorm, both of my breasts will lift as ONE when they punch me in the face.

Full figured girls need actual lift. That means a slice of padding in a sturdy, non-crushable material that is lodged beneath our boobs to give us the illusion of having some sort of super anti-gravity power. We need support that doesn't involve cranking the shoulder straps so tight that they cut into our skin. We should look in the mirror and see perky breasts that would never dream of putting out anyone's eye in a windstorm. Instead, I looked in the mirror and saw droop.

I can get that look for free.

No love,

Me
2323 comments| 460 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
You know your bras are old and so worn out that they no longer hold you up, no matter how much you tighten the straps. This was the case for me since I hadn't bought new bras in YEARS so I decided it was time to invest in some bras. I used to spend a lot of money on each bra from an expensive store (shhh, it's a secret!) and, while I loved them, it didn't seem to be very practical to me if I could find less expensive bras that were good quality and could do just as good of a job. I remember seeing Playtex bras when I was much younger and started searching for them. This seemed to be a popular choice among many people so I chose one of these to test it out.

This Playtex bra is an 18 hour bra meant to lift and support all day. It doesn't have an underwire and it's lightly padded on the shoulder straps. The cups aren't padded and there are three hooks for each of the three closure sizes for a total of nine hooks. I purchased the nude color which is a nice, light color that is good for a lot of light-colored and dark-colored clothes. Washing instructions are machine wash cold with like colors and tumble dry low. It is made in El Salvador of 81% nylon and 19% spandex (cup and center belt) and 92% nylon and 8% spandex (back). I always put my bras in lingerie bags in the washing machine and hang them up to dry.

For sizing purposes, I am typically a 36D and ordered a 36D in this bra. It fits perfectly so I'd say you will most likely want to order your normal size. This is a full-coverage bra so it goes up a little higher on your chest. I like the fact that it fits me nicely, the straps are padded and comfortable and the design is attractive.

The reason I'm not a big fan of this bra is because I don't feel it's very supportive. I usually wear underwire bras and thought I'd try this because it seems to be a popular choice. Even though I tighten the straps, I still feel like I'm drooping because I don't feel the bottom part holds me up enough. I end up adjusting myself several times throughout the day (fortunately, I'm a stay-at-home mom). The other reason I don't really like this bra is because it isn't padded. I don't need a lot of padding but I like some padding to hide the fact that I get cold. It was very easy to see that I was cold when I wore this bra, which my husband was delighted to point out to me.

Since this particular bra doesn't suit me well, I ended up purchasing Playtex Women's Secrets Body Revelations Underwire Bra, Black Jacquard,36D which I LOVE and ordered several of them! I opted to keep this 18-hour bra because I can just use it for when I'm relaxing at home so it will get some use but I don't see myself purchasing anymore of these anytime soon (I'm in my mid-30s so this could change when I get older). I think if you are smaller-chested, this is a good option because it's comfortable, especially if you don't like underwire. I'm bigger on top and prefer padding and underwire so this bra doesn't suit me but others may like it.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2017
This review is for Playtex Women's 18 Hour Ultimate Lift And Support Wire Free Bra,White,40DDD.Playtex Women's 18 Hour Ultimate Lift And Support Wire Free Bra,White,40DDD

I have to say that I have finally found the most comfortable bra, for me!! Everything about it fits great. The straps support so no giggling when walking, plus they don't slip off my shoulders, and the band fits well and doesn't ride up. The cups are not only pretty but they support very well.

According to an article I read about how to measure to find the perfect fit, I may be able to order a 38DDD. The article said that when you fasten a bra when it is new, it should be in the loosest hooks. As the bra wears over time, you then have the other tighter rows to move to so that the bra stays snug. On this bra I am using the row that is the tightest setting. I just wish all bras, at least by the same company, measured the same!

One small tidbit of information that I learned from this article I thought I would share with you. Did you know that the cup's actual size is different for each band size? For instance, for a 40DDD and a 38DDD, not only is the band size 2 inches small but the DDD cups are also a different volume. A 38DDD's cups are actually a little smaller than a 40DDD. I thought that was interesting because for 52 years I always thought a cup size (B, C, D, DD, DDD), was the same size no matter what the band size was.
on June 22, 2017
Wish I had known about this bra when it first came out. This is extremely comfortable on, but yet decently holds up the "girls" giving me a better look. The Playtex 18-hour tru-support bras are on the list of top supportive bras for larger size cups.
I also purchased 2 other Playtex 18-hour tru-support bra styles. The others I returned since this was the most supportive and it didn't show any nipple area through the bra.
The other 2 styles were: my 2nd choice "Seamless Smoothing bra" #4049. 3rd was "Sensational Sleek bra" #4803.
review imagereview imagereview image
on February 26, 2012
I've lost a lot of weight recently (150+ lbs). While this has been great for my health and self esteem, it has been hell on my bust. What little shape I had has gone with the pounds. Now I feel like I have it back and more! Thanks to this bra, I can wear pretty tops again without the worry of either ending up 'muffin-topped', 'bullet-boobed', or 'pointing south'.

In addition to all over lift and support, this bra is also extremely comfortable. In fact, I ordered one to start with, tried it on when it arrived, and ordered three more that same day.
1010 comments| 472 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2016
First time I tried to wear the bra, the "o" hook broke! I have never had this happen before! I usually always buy Playtex 18 Hour bras, but this is the first time I tried this particular bra. All my other Playtex bras are of good quality. The "o" ring (connects the strap to the band) is such thin plastic no wonder it broke before I could even get it upon my shoulder!! You would think a triple-D bra strap would be made with sturdier material. Unfortunately, I threw away the packaging as well as my receipt before this happened and now I cannot return the bra. I just never expected that to happen.
review image
11 comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 18, 2017
I have bought this Playtex 18 Hour Ultimate Lift and Support bra a couple of times before from other retailers and the one I bought recently here on Amazon fits the same as the other ones I bought. This bra fits as I was expecting it to but the size I buy in this bra, 40 C, is always a little big on me at first but it shrinks once it is washed in the washer a few times and then it fits perfectly and is very comfortable to wear. I also like that this bra gives me a good lifted look and supports me very well. This style of bra is one of the only bras I will buy now since i have a hard time finding bras to fit me good because I am a little bigger on one side of my chest than the other due to a hormonal imbalance. I do like this bra because it fits me good and I can't really tell that I am bigger on my one side of my chest when wearing this bra because it covers and fits me so well. I would recommend this bra to others and I will be buying this style of bra as long as it is available.
on April 28, 2017
I want to thank all the full figured ladies who reviewed this and other bras. They are tough customers, and I read closely. I'm a 36B and I must say I appreciate the wide straps that don't fall off my shoulders, the side panels that prevent side bulges, and the semi unlined cups that don't broadcast chilly temps. For the money, I'm quite satisfied with this bra and I think I will buy more. Would like more colors, but I'm ok with what they have right now. Keep reviewing ladies, I learn a lot from you!
on January 5, 2018
I wear a size 38DDD and needed a cheap bra I could wear around the house or under some layers - I wasn't in the market for some ultra sexy or that'd give me epic cleavage. This pretty much fits the bill for that type of bra. It's comfortable, it keeps the girls nicely supported, and it was cheap enough that I'm going to be purchasing a couple more. The fabric is nice and actually feels like it's going to last a decent amount of time and not start showing wear that quickly. I would definitely recommend to people like me who can't afford ultra expensive bras all the time and is looking for something to get the job done with no-frills.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.