Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 94 reviews
on December 20, 2012
I was debating whether to get this TV for such a low price of $548. I tried to see if there are more reviews other than the existing 7 reviews in Amazon. I called on Dec. 16 (Sunday) afternoon at 4pm to see if Haier has any customer service representative working, and to my surprise there was a person answering the phone. I asked if there is any authorized Haier service center in San Francisco and the answer was yes. Therefore, I decided to give this TV a try and order it from Amazon. I received the TV today with enhanced home delivery (EHD). EHD means the delivery person will deliver the item inside your home and take the TV out for visual inspection and turning it on to ensure the unit is working properly before leaving. I immediately checked the TV by connecting it to a DVD player to ensure the HDMI ports worked. I also scanned the TV channels to ensure the tuner work. The TV work beautifully: the color is brilliant and the sound is good. I own two other TVs: a 40" Sony LCD and a 42" Panasonic LED. So far, I am glad that I make this purchase.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2014
I purchased this TV almost two years ago ONLY because it was a good deal. I still have two of my older "big box" tube TV's, but I'm from the old school and an adherer to the saying, "If it ain't broke...." But I am MORE THAN pleased. The picture quality is AMAZING! Haier is a true competitor for major brands such as Sony and Samsung. So far beyond "well worth the value for the cost". Will probably purchase another soon.
on January 25, 2013
Bought this TV a week ago. After reading previous reviews, I didn't even try the sound and had already purchased a Yamaha Soundbar to compliment its area of lacking.

I have no complaints! We did have a 52" DLP, before it died, but this TV is seems so much bigger; I can't say enough.

BTW, I wouldn't get too hung up on the ability to manually switch to 120hz refresh rate. I did a little research and found that the TV should adjust automatically.

(side note: I guess a lot of movie geeks prefer to watch their DVDs in 24hz refresh rate, so check and see if you player is capable, I've been trying it and it looks great.)

For the price, you can't beat it!
on January 18, 2013
I first came in contact with this brand in Shanghai China at the Hilton. I stayed there many times and saw no issues with ones I watched. The picture quality isn't as good as my 55" Sony, but the price tag was a quarter of the Sony. The sound quality isn't great, but I have always run my TV's through a sound system so not a big deal.

Overall this gets 5 stars from me based on the value and quality of the picture. Delivery was super fast and set up could not be easier.
on January 13, 2013
I overheard someone saying there is always a good deal after Xmas. I used to have a 50-inch VIZIO LCD but have been longing for a TV between 55" and 65". I saw this TV to be the cheapest LED on AMAZON and went for it. After 2 days, the price dropped. I cancelled the order and re-ordered. The TV came in, plugged it but didnt like the picture output to the extent of returning. After battling with it for a week, I realized this is the best TV so far for this price. I am enjoying the TV picture. All I need is a sound bar or a home theater to enjoy the sound. THE SOUND IS SO POOR. Haier needs to improve on this. Other than that,its the best. Go for it, you wont regret.
on January 9, 2013
, Delivery was impressive and professional. TV was unboxed, base attached, hooked up and checked by the delivery guys.
FYI, they do not hang the TV on wall and are not supposed to touch the old TV. Read the amazon explanation of the delivery process for larger units.
TV itself was as expected, picture is good but the sound is bad. I was expecting this after reading previous ratings before ordering. I figured the sound would not be as bad as others had stated but they were correct. I'm not that picky but the speakers are terrible. Planning on using a AV receiver for sound. Good price for what you get.
on July 5, 2015
I bought it cheap very cheap and it exceeded expectations. Like other reviewers state, the sound quality sucks! It was quickly fixed by using a sound bar connected with a coax audio cable. Other downsides are the presence of only 3 HDMI ports and a incredibly cheap remote.
on January 21, 2013
I expected more based on the specs 1080/120 - but I was disappointed. The picture is blurry the hd channels don't compare to my 50 inch Samsung that this was replacing. I would have had no problem spending more to get a more optimal image. When I saw the price and the 1080/120 compared to other televisions that were 720/60 I assumed this TV must be clearer and better quality. My friends 50" 720 LCD from element is a better picture then this 55 1080 led from haier which should def not be the case.
on January 29, 2013
The images are crystal clear and it is much better than my Vizio. I think this is the best buy I got from Amazon so far.
on February 8, 2013
I purchased this tv a month ago, and so far so good. I like it, the only thing I found was that it was suppose to be a 1080p /120hz, but its not, they r lying to folks about that. I knew it was too good to be true. But other than that its a great buy. Oh and the sound is weak, but its cool with me, I can still enjoy the shows without all that booming sound. I still enjoy watching my big back tv, but wanted to get into the clic with the flat screens.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.