Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 593 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 620 reviews
on September 9, 2017
While I'm fairly sure these will never reach 20+ miles when being used by normal folks in the normal world, they do work great in the country for us at distances of a mile or two or three. Great for letting the kids go run/explore in a cornfield or whatever without have to shout for them every few minutes to see where they are! We also bought some of these for our work, great for folks in different parts of the building without having to go searching or paging folks! Lastly, the bright yellow color helps find them when a kid drops them in the yard or dirt (which will happen)!

Overall quite happy and impressed with these given their price. Small and lightweight, though the included earpiece if heavy, cheesy and kinda useless. We purchased some other "over the ear" types that work much better for us.

Nothing to complain about given the price!
on September 12, 2017
We got these because they say up to 23 miles in favorable conditions so I figured that they would probably go 2-3 miles on a regular basic, but they don't go far at all. I was hoping to give my kids a little more freedom and still be able to contact me, but not the case. I thought maybe it depended on which channel you were on, but read the directions and it doesn't mention that certain channels can go further or not so i'm thinking i'm using this correctly. If you are close..within 1/2 mile they are beautifully clear....but not far enough for me.
on June 16, 2017
LOVE THEM! Took them to Disney World LegoLand and they worked like a charm to keep in touch with the rest of our family.
on June 16, 2017
Bought this as a birthday present for my 6 year old and his siblings and they LOVE it. I also like that it's practical. They're well made and the shipping was fast.
on December 19, 2016
Got this for my 7 year old for when he gets scared at night and has nightmare or just needs something instead of screaming for us. So far so good, Kids enjoy it and simple to use. Only tried it inside the house so not sure how the range is. Charge goes a few day for me because I leave it on through the night. The kids go weeks because I leave there's off and they turn it on when they need it.
on October 17, 2013
I like these radios. When I first turned them on - I heard some one else talking on default channel 1. So after initial quick setup to change channel and code - I don't get any more strangers talking. These radios offer good reception in suburban environment, I've got about 5 miles away and still could hear clearly.

There are only two minor cons:
1. The radios are quite power hungry even when no one talks for hours and one charge lasts for about a day. Which is ok I think, but larger capacity batteries might be preferred.
2. Also, there are only 2 chargers for 3 radios. I can't just leave all 3 to charge over night. This results in one radio constantly going dead during the day and unusable since it charging.
on December 5, 2016
Much better than expected, Battery charging port is the old style larger usb fitting which is the only reason for not rating 5 Star.
on August 26, 2017
These things are very powerful. Surprised since they are so reasonably priced.
on November 23, 2016
no problems so far with quality just a little disappointed in the distance they can pick up if you have a hill or your down in a bottom they don't pick up well at all less than 1/2 mile distance unless your both on a hill top.
on August 23, 2017