Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on May 13, 2012
I can't give this a full 5 stars, because the watch came to me not working, but since the customer service was great, and I love the watch itself, I'm giving it 4 instead of 3 stars.

I clicked on the link for the watch mostly for the look, I love owls and the color purple, but once I viewed the stats, I ended up buying it for it's eco-friendly nature. Living on an island that barely recycles, I try to do what I can to buy recyclable (#s 1 and 2 only *sigh*) or biodegradable products. Sprout's corn resin bands and glass watch face covers are exactly what I'm looking for. Add that to the uber cute owl and purple color, and this is the perfect watch for me.

That being said, the watch came to me not working. I sent in a comment from Sprout's contact page and received an email within 24 hours, telling me to either go to a watch guy to get a new battery or mail it to the employee who contacted me and he'd change the battery. He noted that, while they do what they can to make good watches, if the watch has been sitting on the shelf for a long while, the battery would stop working. So I took it to my local watch guy, he changed the battery and it worked just fine . . . unfortunately, it stopped again within 5 days. I sent it to the Sprout employee with a note. I received a brand new watch within a week of sending mine off (apparently they couldn't get the old one working again), free of charge. Of course, I did have to pay for the first new battery and the shipping to send it off. But, Sprout did its job quickly and efficiently, so I can't complain too much.

I love my watch and wear it all the time now. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who's looking for a cute and/or eco-friendly watch.
on August 28, 2013
I love that this watch is eco friendly, and that it's still "plastic." I've always been a fan of swatch watches, but I was very disappointed with their current line up. I happened upon Sprout as a promotional thing for Earth Day, and I was interested in the business model and in the product. I wear it daily, I wear it in the shower and to sleep and it's tolerating the use well. I tried going swimming with it and ended up getting some condensation in the face, but it went away in a week without damaging the functionality of the watch.
on January 9, 2013
I bought this watch out of sheer curiosity. I read about the biodegradable materials that are used and all this eco- friendly data.

The designs are very delicate and beautiful. Although the watch is not water resistant (and it is fully explained in the description), I use it for work on a daily basis (including hand washes and the casual raindrop) and it still holds great.

I also like that it is very light and fashionable.
on November 17, 2013
I really want to love this watch, it is so cute and eco-friendly and purple. But I have a lot of trouble with the clasp. Once the clasp is fastened on my wrist, I have a hard time getting it to open again. Several times I've had to pull the watch off, and this is tough for me because it's a snug, though not tight, fit.
on June 3, 2012
I LOVE this watch! The color, the brand and the Owl. However, I really dislike the clasp on here. The first one they sent me had to be returned because the clasp would not stay closed. The second one has lasted longer and works well. It's not a typical clasp like most Sprout watches but rather a new era of clasp. It kind of bolts instead of clicks and doesn't like to stay down. I am scared of losing it at times but it's cuteness makes up for that.
on June 13, 2012
I have gotten so many comments on this watch! It is well made and adorable. It is unique and have had more comments than I can remember on it. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a watch that you can't find in your average store. Amazon is by far the cheapest place that you will find it on the web~
on December 7, 2012
The watch has a pretty design but is too big on my wrist. I can even pull it off over my hand with little effort. I am 5'2" and 140 lbs (which means I have 30 extra lbs) and this watch is still too big. I wish that there was a way to adjust it. All in all, it's cute, but I am going to give it away for Christmas.
on December 31, 2015
Battery was dying on arrival. $8.50 additional (to buy battery at drugstore) later, otherwise a fabulous product. Easy to remove extra links. Super cute and lightweight. Would highly recommend.
on September 19, 2014
Love this watch, this is made for smaller wrists, and there are no links to add in. This is one of the few watches that isn't too loose on my arm and no adjustment is needed.
on June 18, 2015
I really like the watch. Had to go on line to find out how to open it... no instructions included, but I was able to find a solution.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question