Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

• Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 541 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 580 reviews
on January 26, 2017
This is a 3-in-1 review and comparison of the Edifier H190, Sennheiser MX 365 and Venture Electronics Monk Plus Espresso Ed. I'm testing these by listening to the same song on each and comparing notes. I want real-world results so I'm using a cellphone as the playback device. Here we go!

๐•๐„ ๐Œ๐จ๐ง๐ค ๐๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐„๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐จ
In the price category these win at just $5 + shipping (if you buy direct). Of the 3 these have the best looks and build quality. The plastic body feels thick and solid as does the cable. The metallic gloss finish is beautiful and I love the funky colored earpads. I feel very dapper walking around with these. The great looks, price and flamboyant advertising/company/owner really makes VE fun to follow.

Now on to sound... These are 64 ohm earphones which is a shame. I think they have a lot of potential but not with common devices. Playing from my phone I hear heavily emphasized mids and recessed low to mid bass as well as treble. The mids are harsh causing things to sound plastic. Violins sound very unconvincing. Bass is a bit sketchy. The response doesn't reach very deep and it sounds distant and small, but as a plus it never distorts. Treble is also held back with no shimmer or sparkle. In treble heavy tracks it is docile but smooth without any sibilance. Oh I almost forgot. The soundstage on this is VERY good. The MX soundstage is better but only slightly.

To conclude I think these are still a good value: a much better value than the Edifier H190. They are funky and fun and cheap which makes them worry free. They almost tie with the H190 for sound and fall to the MX 365. Maybe they sound stunning with a headphone amp but that kills the value as now you're paying $55 instead of $5.

๐„๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐ข๐ž๐ซ ๐‡๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—๐ŸŽ
I would say these are the worst value of the 3 at $19. The flat tangle free cable is nice but after hearing them it really doesn't matter if they tangle since they will be in the garbage. They have a soulless corporate artwork type look to them and if you colored them gray would look great on the set of Equilibrium.

How do they sound? In a word: terrible. Bass is very weak although *very* slightly stronger and smoother than the VE Monk Plus. The mids are depressed as well leaving you with only treble. The treble isn't bad actually. It's smooth without any hint of sibilance, but lacking even much in the upper mids it really doesn't matter how good the treble is. Listening to some violin tracks for example you cannot hear any resonance from the body of the instrument which makes it sound lifeless and shrill.

To conclude I think nobody should buy these.

๐’๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ ๐Œ๐— ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ“
If these hold up and maybe you like wearing hats that cover the ears I would call these the best value of the 3 weighing in at ~$15 - $18. They feel EXTREMELY cheap in terms of build quality and they are ugly as sin. But once you hear them you forget all of that and start to get this naughty feeling like you made out like a bandit: like maybe you robbed a bank or something. They sound that good compared to the others!

How good do they sound? Well for fun I compared them with my $45 IEM the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore and felt like it was a good match. Ultimately the MX lost but they held their own! Compared to the H190 and Monk the MX has stronger bass, better soundstage and MUCH better balance. Although stronger the bass does not seem artificially boosted, and doesn't spoil the mix. The mids are well balanced and maybe a tiny bit on the warm side. The highs seem very smooth and ever so slightly recessed which cuts back on fatigue during long listening sessions.

To conclude: if best value or best sound are your only concerns I say the MX 365 takes the win. If you care at all about looks I would say keep searching.

๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ
I bought this device with my own money for the purpose of comparison and review. I'm doing this for fun. Although it would be nice I am not being compensated in any way for my opinions.

๐•ฟ๐–๐–†๐–“๐– ๐–„๐–”๐–š
Thank you for reading my review. If you found it useful or enjoyable please give it a positive rating. :)
review image
on April 29, 2016
My previous earbuds were a set of Sennheiser MX270s that I purchased sometime in 2012. I've carried those cross country a couple of times, I've tossed them in overnight bags. I've carried them in my pocket. I've stepped on them, dropped them, dragged them, left them on dashboards in the desert sun and at one point the left bud was chomped by a small dog. They've never given me a moments problem. Now, after years of use the dog chomped side is starting to get a bit scratchy so it's time to replace them. I've been a fan of and used Sennheiser for years, owning numerous sets including pro level studio cans and all have exceeded my expectations. I decided to give the MX 365s a chance this time around.

And, as usual, Sennheiser doesn't disappoint. Much. On this set the rubberized single cord on the 270s has been replaced by a harder vinyl type dual cord that doesn't feel quiet as sturdy as the 270s. The earpieces are slightly larger than the 270s. And it seems the bass may be a bit more prevalent than the 270s, but ALL earphones/buds seem to be going in that direction. I really prefer a flatter response but these are fine.

I honestly don't believe these will last as long as the 270s but that's ok. The sound quality is where it's at and Sennheisers are FAR AND AWAY better than anything else I've run into in the sub $20 price point. Well worth the cost and it won't break the bank if you break the 'phones! Get them, you won't be disappointed.
on September 5, 2015
Wow. These earphones are so much better than I expected them to be. I can hear so much more bass and treble with them compared to the speaker on my Galaxy S4. The earphones themselves are pretty solid and are well constructed. They also come with foam earpiece covers, but I don't like to use them. Another thing I love about these earphones, is that they are not like many other ones in which the earphone is essentially placed inside your ear canal. Instead these just sit in your ears comfortably. The only thing I wished was different was the cord. It has this tough, hard plastic feel to it. Personally, I prefer to have a cord with a more rubbery or braided design. Overall, these earphones are pretty amazing. I'd say they're probably the best sub $20 earphones you can buy. I would reconsider buying more, or suggesting them to others. Great sound quality, and a very pleasing design and construction. Well done!
on September 2, 2015
very good reproduction. these are 32ohm earbuds so music will be slightly muted on iPods. Good news is you can wear them comfortably while lying on a pillow. They look bulky but honestly, they are like not wearing any at all. highly recommended.

Update: I've used these daily now for about 3 weeks and I have found they are very wearable (they don't fall out while I'm working or riding my bike) and are hardly noticeable ( they do not press against my ears or head when I sleep with them on nor do they fall out ). They do look a little gaudy for my taste but the comfort level more than makes up for that shortcoming.

I use these with a Sansa Clip+, an iPod Classic, an Asus MeMo 10 tablet and several HP and Dell laptops. While compatible with all of these devices, they really shine with the tablet, sonically outperforming every set of earbuds I've got or ever had. The iPod, and all Apples in my experience, like lower impedance (lower ohms) to deliver the loudness I need to overcome hearing loss. These Sennheisers measure 38.1 ohms (35 advertised) and deliver better volume and clarity than my 40+ ohm units.

They are very well suited for extended periods of use. Classical and Jazz are very well rendered without any coloration to my ear. I don't think they are go-to set for BASS freaks. The render low end frequencies well without buzzing or distortion but cannot deliver the in ear thump my grand children want. Mids and highs are well done without the high-frequency fatigue many lower ends models induce. If you use an equalizer these units can be really dialed in to suit you. Hope this helps.
on August 24, 2016
These are surprisingly good earphones; they surpass the audio quality of several of my other pairs of more expensive earbuds, as well as in-ear style phones. I think the best way to describe their sound is โ€œwell balancedโ€. Theyโ€™re transparent, open, and airy, but with well-defined bass response. Iโ€™m not a fan of hyped, exaggerated bassโ€ฆthat type of bass is far too muddy for my ears.

Vocals on the Sennheiser MX 365s are nicely โ€œpresentโ€, with appealing depth in the midrange frequency. I amazed that they sell for only $20 โ€ฆ quite a value. Some reviewers have complained about the buds being too big for their ears, but they fit mine just fine. (They seem slightly larger than the Sonys, but not problematically so).

These are a superb replacement for the Sony MDRE828LP which now sells for $59.95. Iโ€™ve been using 2 pair of the Sonys for years, and was bummed when one channel went out on the pair I use at work. The Sennheisers actually sound a bit better than the Sonys to my ears, with improved low frequency (and a tad more volume through my Alcatel OneTouch smartphone). I listen to all types of music, and these sound good across all music genres. Highly recommended!
on November 17, 2016
First, let me say, I'm a woman over 50 years, with a height of aprox. 5' 2". I bought these, based on the recommendation of Wirecutter, whose testers, I suspect, are mostly, or all, males younger than 50.
Arrived in a timely manner, in appropriate mail packaging. Item new as described, and in working order. Pearly White. Cord 47-48 inches long. Based on image, I mistakenly thought there would be two sets of covers. There was one set of covers. I would probably only use covers on extremely cold MN days anyways.
The driving units are about 6/8 inch, or 18mm in diameter. Almost two big for one of my ears. Again I'm a small, to medium sized woman. These would, probably, be too big for children, or petite women.
I don't have to turn the volume up as high as with 2 other earphones I have. I have a lower priced Tracfone Smartphone. The volume only has 7 levels. When I use these on level one, it is too loud for me. More the phone's fault, but they are not compatable.
They seem clear to me. I, myself, will not use them, because the "beat" seems too prominant for me. I gave them to my 21 year old son.
on December 12, 2016
My kids always "borrow" my headphones so I was looking for a relatively inexpensive pair of good enough quality that I can replace when they don't return them. They have to sit in my ear with entering the ear canal because I just can't stand the tiny earbud type. Compared them to a cheap pair from a store where everything is 5 dollars or less (you know which one) and the latest standard earphones from Apple at $29 MSRP. As expected, they're so much better than the $5 pair that there's no comparison. They're also far superior to the Apple earphones.

- - - Pros - - -

Comfortable fit the doesn't hurt my ears

Don't easily fall out (though I'm not using them for sports)

Louder than Apple headphone on the same volume setting

Beautiful clear sound

Good Bass

No tinny or sharp vocals

- - - Cons - - -

Would be nice if the wire was the same color as the headphones

Wire insulation is "plastic" and remains kinked from the bundling in the original packaging. Would be better if the wire was more rubbery for a more appealing look.

No in-line volume control or microphone (not a con for me but may be for others).

I've had dozens of different brands over the last 10 years ranging from $5 to $100. These are, by far, the best I've ever had.
on January 31, 2017
I can't stand using the ear canal headphones that have become the prevalent design this years. They are too isolating (and yes, sometimes I want to be aware of my surroundings at least a little bit), and I just don't like the feeling of things being stuck in my ears. And I really don't need the bass that wasn't put in there by the people in the studio, so "bass boost" anything is the bane of my music listening.

These are great headphones, with fantastic frequency response that is comparable to my studio headphones (also Sennheiser).

Note: the sound will depend on how god a fit these headphones are to your ears. Works well for mine, but the sound does get a bit richer if I push them a little bit with my fingers.
on April 18, 2017
The sound and stereo effects produced from these earphones are excellent, especially considering the price of around $15 a pair. Particularly the distinction between high and low pitchs is amazingly clear. Also very comfortable to wear even for a long period of time. But they do break down in 1-2 years as many reviews have suggested. Usually the sound from one side would suddenly become sporadic, sometimes in and sometimes out, and you will have to turn the plug from time to time to make sure that both sides have sound. Eventually the sound would disappear. I guess it just depends on the perspective. On the one hand it is annoying to suddenly realize the earphones are not working and have to scramble to find new earphones. I've already had three pairs of these for the past six years. On the other hand, given the price, I don't expect them to be built to last and the average life of about 18-19 months is sufficient for me.
on August 2, 2015
Out of the package, these feel kind of light and flimsy -- they don't feel like they are going to hold up for very long, and they definitely do not feel like they can be used for going to the gym or riding my bike.

But I'm giving them 5-Stars anyway because they sound amazing. Clear and far-away the best sounding ear buds I've ever had (and I've had a lot). The full range comes through with amazing crispness and clarity. I really didn't think sound quality mattered in ear-buds before I tried these, and now I'm a believer. I would buy 5 pairs of these before I would buy one pair of "Beats" audio headphones or other "designer" headphones. In the long run, you'll be happier with the sound quality, and you'll end up spending a lot less.