Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 507 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 527 reviews
on March 14, 2016
Sometime ago I bought a short sleeve compression shirt from this brand, it was L size. When I wore I noticed how snug was that shirt. I chose that size because I wear L in under armour and I feel comfortable in that brand. But I needed to sell it because I felt uncomfortable with the Sub Sports compression shirt, too much tight. The the fabric used in this is nylon and elastane, it feels soft in the skin, the compression is better(very strong) than any other brand: nike, under armour, adidas, you name it. I have had all those brands and I like Sub Sports more than all them. I bought an XL size this time and it's perfect now! Doesn't feel extremely snug, just the right compression that I always wanted since the beginning. My height is 1.70 m (5 feet 7 inches), my weight is 143 pounds, my chest is 40" and my biceps 12.5". Hope this help you all to choose your right size. Cheers!
review image review image review image
on November 14, 2013
Hello all. Like you, I scoured the reviews regarding information on sizing seeing as this is a product manufactured specifically for European sizes. Not many of the reviews are helpful so I decided to play it safe and hope for the best. I normally wear size Medium shirts and decided to order a Large for this particular product. I am 5'11 and 165 lbs and it fits perfectly. Now remember, this is a compression shirt; it's meant to be tight and show your rolls! When I first put it on, I felt as if it was a little too tight but then I remembered that this was a compression shirt after all and with a wash or two, it will fit much better. I have pretty broad shoulders and the fit on this is spot on for me. It feels like a second skin but in a good way. The material isn't thin, it's medium weight. Good as a base layer in the fall/winter/early spring, probably too thick for summer heat. If you fit a size Medium in Express clothing perfectly, you will fit a size Large in this shirt perfectly for reference. If you want to err on the side of caution or on the fence, move another size up to XL. The length of this shirt is fine on me as well and I have a 32" inseam.
on October 23, 2015
Tight, comfy, fresh and feels so good!
I'm usually S size but M fits perfect to me.
review image
on September 22, 2015
I would agree that this is a midweight shirt and I like the design and fit. It is comfortable and the compression was ok.

However, as another reviewer mentioned, one gust of wind and your body heat is gone. I'll go one step further and say that this actually makes my skin cooler by pulling body heat. This kind of works like the UA Heatgear clothes.

I wore this shirt during two workouts and sweat seems to "puddle up" in certain areas, e.g. chest, adding weight. If you don't sweat too much, then this will not be an issue. I've used other compression shirts such as 2xu that are thinner and it doesn't accumulate as much. I'm guessing the midweight nature of this shirt is the cause for the water retention. It felt like a wet rag on my body. However, when I took the shirt off after cool down, there was not a drop of sweat on me meaning that the shirt absorbed it all.

So my problem is what do I use this for? This is a midweight long sleeve shirt which I originally wanted to use for cool to cold weather workouts, but it retains sweat too much and pulls body heat. If I use it as a base layer for hiking or as a thermal type layer, I feel that it won't help retain heat, which defeats the base layer purpose. UA Coldgear does a better job for this.

It might be ok as a rashguard under a gi, for example.

It's a well made shirt, but doesn't work for my original purpose. Its properties have me confused as to when to use it.
on April 3, 2017
I now have the black and white. These are hands down the most comfortable shirts ever. They hug so nice, and are cool and dry. This is not a cold weather base layer. These are cool and perfect for working out. Even just with jeans. I've gotten some nice long looks from the ladies. Really shows the work I put into my upper body and ABS. I'm no body builder, but was blessed with a nice frame to start with. I have a 32" waist, and a 40" chest. Even though I only use a Force Flex 50 resistance chair to stay tone, this shirt makes me look ripped. My build is a lot like the guy in the picture. BEWARE! This shirt shows everything you got underneath.
on December 18, 2014
I purchased this to wear as a compression shirt during workouts with free weights. I'm 5'9" and I currently weigh 188 pounds (approximately 7-8% body fat). I'm fairly well built and plan to compete in natural bodybuilding, so the size Large was a very tight fit.

A trainer at the gym suggested that I try wearing a compression shirt during my workouts to enhance blood flow to the muscle and "the pump," so I wanted this to be fairly tight. I had to squeeze myself into the Large and basically rolled the shirt down my torso to get it on. As soon as I put it on, it was noticeably more difficult to take deep breaths, due to the constriction. About 45 minutes into the workout, I had to take the shirt off, as I was getting a little light-headed. It's a little harder to breathe, and your heart has to work harder to pump blood into the muscle. That's kind of what I was expecting, though, from a compression shirt. The material and construction are top quality, and I love the color assortment. I definitely could not wear a Medium in this shirt, though.

I have purchased two pairs of the leggings in Large and Medium. My legs are proportional to my upper body- I have large quads and usually have difficulty finding jeans that are wide enough in the legs. The Medium is extremely tight and the Large is a little more comfortable (but still tight enough to give me the compression I was looking for). I had a killer leg workout while wearing the leggings. Squats are great because the leggings keep your muscles warm and tight. I think a lot of it is probably psychological- I just enjoy feeling my muscles "pump" against the tight fabric.

As far as sizing, I've read all the other reviews, and I just think you have to make a best guess, depending on what you intend to use these for. The sizing on the top is a little more crucial than the leggings, since the top will restrict your breathing somewhat.
on December 10, 2016
I like this compression shirt. It fit as I expected. I don't think I would wear it regularly as an undershirt to "hold everything in" shirt. It does keep everything tightened up as I wanted, but it is particularly tight in the arms. If you wanted to roll up the sleeves on your outer shirt, then you would need to roll up the extremely tight sleeves on the compression shirt. The neckline is high and so you must treat this like a high necked tee shirt under a shirt....it will be exposed to view. Wearing it all day, I felt like my circulation was cut off sometimes. I wore mine during a very cold day under a shirt and it did keep me nice and warm. It does kind of make you look like the model in the picture until you get to the belly area. It doesn't hold that in as well. I think this would be a good shirt for someone who was in fairly good shape but just needed a little tightening up or holding up here and there under a snug sweater with a high neck line.
on January 4, 2016
Just because an item is rated slightly differently in sizing (due to it being sold from the UK), does not mean the item is bad. Incredible.

I have been using this as a base layer for various sports for the last couple years when the temperature was anywhere from 50-90 degrees Fahrenheit, and this performed beautifully. It does an incredible job of keeping the body temperature consistent and regular while wicking away moisture fantastically, and so it made me generally more comfortable (whether that was cooler or warmer) in a wide range of temperatures. Also, I play many sports that require diving on occassionally rough ground, and so the long sleeves further helped me by prevents direct skin contact with super abrasive surfaces. I would say this is extremely great for athletes that play in a variety of temperatures.

I've also used it many a time for hiking and backpacking outings, and again, it regulates my body temperature beautifully, making me altogether mroe comforable, and keeps my arms and shoulders from getting sunburnt or scraped while climbing. Fantastic product and easy to stuff into tiny nooks in even small gym bags, let alone multi-day backpacking packs.
on April 8, 2016
QUALITY
The rash guard seems to be very high quality material. It's thicker than my UA. I use them for Jiu Jitsu, but I haven't had a chance to roll in it yet, so I can't comment on how well they're gonna hold up, but seems promising.

SIZE
I know how a rash guard is supposed to fit and it should be tight. I'm 6'2" 190lbs and wear a Large in UA rash guards and all of my other clothing, but I ordered an XL because of the other comments saying they fit a smaller than the usual sizes. After trying it on it does seem to but a bit tight, tighter than the usual rash guard. But nothing uncomfortable. I could use an XXL with no issues. Although the reason of it seem to be fitting tighter is because of the thickness of the material.

STYLE
It looks very nice, dark black material with the white stitching along with SUB written in the wrist and upper chest/shoulder area.

I'd for sure recommend this product for any grappler or anyone needing a rash guard.
on November 2, 2014
So, I quite enjoy this thing. Don't be fooled by other reviews, its a compression shirt, but it fits like it should. I got a large, and I'm 5'11 and not real fit at all, and its fine. As a base layer, it is pretty versatile. I was looking into get a cold weather layer and decided to try this out. I wore it in ~40 degree weather in harsh wind with just a t-shirt over it, and was mostly alright. The wind hurt a bit, but I wasn't actively cold for the most part, as long as i was moving. If you've ever worn something like this, you know that weird temperature sensation of wind over this fabric. I wouldn't highly recommend it for real cold situations, but because it has versatility, its hard to hate it. It makes a good base layer, and without really cold temps and wind, it works just fine. Heck, I'd wear it again in the same conditions if I didn't have something else slightly warmer. Really, if you're gonna wear it in sub 40 F, you may as well just get something heavier.