Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 18, 2012
Wanted a basic phone, with good battery life, for travel to Europe. Have to recharge battery every 2-3 days. Accessories for this phone are readliy available online at good prices.

Useful features, easy to learn, comes with a printed manual to take with me when I travel. Has 3 "EZ Quick Call Keys," plus 9 "Speed Dial" numbers.

Can backup the address book to ATT's online storage at no charge. Decent call quality, speakerphone, and voice command. Able to use web-based services, too. Overall a great buy - got it FREE when I renewed my ATT contract.

One drawback: the Navigation Keys are not programmable - too bad Pantech overlooked this. Otherwise 5 stars because this phone does what it claims to do!
on April 17, 2012
Just needed a basic phone and this certainly fits the bill.
What I do like:
I carry my phone in my pocket, so I prefer the flip phone style. This is the right size, buttons don't get bumped, and has a decent amount of weight without being clunky.

The inside screen is of decent size for this type of phone.

Display text size is adjustable (for those of us with aging eyes).

Takes decent enough photos (it is after all, still a phone)

lighted notification icons on outside of phone... easy to see if you have a call or text. don't have to pic up or open phone.

Call quality is good.

What I don't like: Most have to do with texting
The contact list isn't alpha. How stupid is that?! I've looked all over the phone, and had younger persons look all over the phone... no alpha. Even if you press the first letter or two of a contact's name, it may or may not come up. First name, last name, the phone just kind of picks and chooses. VERY Annoying.

Switching from T9 to numeric etc requires pushing several buttons, and then pressing again to switch back. So if I have to note a meeting time or whatever, it is very cumbersome.

I haven't found a way to intentionally add words to dictionary. For one example of many instances, my daughter's name is Elise. I cannot enter that name. I have to enter, letter by letter and the letter "i" is entered as a capital so it always looks like elIse, which looks weird on text.

Even though I have selected a larger text for viewing, most of the texting displays are small... a little too small.

Bottom line, good basic phone, but if you ever text, or have a list of more than 5 contacts, can be a bit annoying. Considering I paid a penny, I can't complain.
on June 13, 2014
This is a great phone for our seniors. He loves the large font display and the bigger buttons. But the greatest feature for him is the sound boost for those a little hard of hearing. Now he talks on the cellphone like the teens.
on December 19, 2014
This is my second Pantech Breeze iii. I use it in advanced mode, with the menus in "list" format. I use it for voice and data. I'm impressed with the internet browser in this phone - everything is readable. I'm not going into big comparisons of battery time and audio quality - but I have no complaints in any department. If you want a great flip-phone, (and you know it if you are the flip-phone type of person), this model is as good as it gets!
on November 10, 2013
Went back to the flip phone...just a phone...or can be used in an advanced mode for internet. etc. I use the basic Breeze mode, with medium lettering/numbers and just regular voice message. Really like going back to this phone, and also, covers can be purchased for easy handling and protection. Also, got H2O service/unlimited for $30 per month. Great phone and service.
on July 6, 2013
This is a great no-frills phone. It is not a good phone for texting because it takes too many steps to insert letters. It does have 3G ability, so connection is quite good with AT&T, although Verizon phones get better connections. The MAIN problem with the Pantech phone [I have had 2 models thus far] is the HORRIBLE battery life. If I don't use the phone at all, it loses a full charge after 1 and a half days. If I DO use the phone a few times, then the phone dies the next day. So, make sure you take your charger with you.

UPDATE on battery: I have tried a new battery and still only get poor battery life, but others I talk to do not. I think the issue is that because I live so far from any towers, the phone constantly seeks a signal. Those I have asked live in the city.
on May 10, 2013
Please be aware that the PC Suite software that comes with the Breeze III does not work with Windows 8. The USB driver is incompatible with Windows 8 (even when run in compatibility mode!) Pantech customer service is aware of this, but says a driver or software patch will not be available for months -- possibly not until 2014!

You simply cannot connect your Breeze III by USB to your Windows 8 PC to download pictures or interact with your PC in anyway. You can install the software, but it will not connect to your phone when you connect your phone by USB cable. There's no mention of this on their website (yet).

I spent three days trying to figure out how to connect my Breeze III to no avail, and I consider myself fairly tech-savvy. I finally gave up and called customer service. They knew instantly what was wrong with my phone. They were very nice and very apologetic, but they have no solutions and they don't expect to have a fix any time in the near future.

This was an extremely frustrating experience for me. I've never had a tech company tell me that they had no solutions, no workarounds of any kind to offer me. And I cannot believe they haven't posted this vital piece of information on their website. It's not mentioned in their FAQ or in their troubleshooting materials anywhere.

I don't know if this is just limited to the Breeze III or to all Pantech phones. But buyer beware: Pantech did not convey to me any sense of urgency or desire to resolve this problem for their customers.
on September 2, 2015
For a used phone, this is in "new" condition--not a single scratch. It came with a battery and charger, but no owner's manual--not that I expectedc or needed one. As this model of phone is the ONLY one that can withstand life with my other half, I was happy to find it here at a somewhat reasonable price. We had bought several when they still sold them as "go" phones at KMart and Walmart, and when they discontinued it I was dismayed. The new Pantech that replaced it stinks if you have big fingers like my other half has--even I have trouble dialing numbers on it occasionally. I will be watching this seller carefully, and grabbing more if I can get them at this price.

For those unfamiliar with this phone--PROS: decent but not exceptional camera, easy to use buttons for those with big fingers, as there is space between the buttons. Also very durable, simple to set alarms in. CONS: you have to spell out texts the "old fashioned" way-- hit the key once for the first letter on the key, twice for the second, etc. so texting is a chore. Other than that this phone is what my adult sons call a good "old people" phone--easy to read display, easy to use functions, easy to dial.
on March 18, 2015
Perfect telephone for my 93 year old mother, after adding the optional rubber handgrip. You can hide the SMS and internet menus so all the user sees is the address book. Good choice for an oldster who needs to carry a phone to call for help but can't remember how to use it. Put in her existing AT&T SIM card and the phone worked immediately including telephone numbers on the SIM. This is much easier to use than the AARP phone for seniors and which broke after two months.
on July 5, 2016
Bought this as a backup for my elderly father with dementia. Luckily he remembered how to operate this style phone, and he started misplacing the one he had. Due to other poor health problems, he died before we needed to activate this backup phone, but it was nice to know it was still available on the "used" market so he would not have to be tortured by new technology if his other phone ever died or went MIA again. Thank you for having this product available. (His last one, Breeze II had to be at least 8 years old & still worked like a champ & would hold a charge for days).