Customer Reviews: JVC HAFR36V Marshmallow Inner Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote (Violet) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon

on April 22, 2013
I had a pair of marshmallow earbuds without the microphone that I absolutely loved, but I broke them, so I needed a new pair. I only wanted a pair of headphones with a microphone so that I could talk on my cell phone hands-free, but also use them for my iPod, which is what I used the others for. I was very pleased with these and the microphone works great for talking on my cell phone. I noticed a slight difference in the sound quality, so I bought the same pair of earbuds that broke and now I just use these when I need the microphone. I also don't really believe in spending $60 on headphones, so maybe you shouldn't trust me when I say that the sound quality is good. But, if you want a cheap pair that are better than the Dollar Store ones you have and more comfortable than the Apple earbuds that came with your iPod, then these will be great.

UPDATE: Just to clarify, the marshmallow earbuds that I like better/have great sound are the JVC HAFR30V ones (the only difference in the name is 30 instead of 36.) So I would suggest trying those if you don't need the microphone.
on January 30, 2016
In my opinion, these earbuds are by far the best earbuds in the market at this price point. I am a runner and have tried multiple kinds of earbuds. Most fall out or wiggle lose after a couple of minutes of running which is annoying because you're constantly pushing the earbuds back in and losing focus on the run. These earbuds stay in place the entire run and block out sound. I don't have to adjust them at all after putting them in. The remote is also handy - you can pause a song with just a little squeeze and start back up with the same motion. I haven't used them for phone calls - as I don't answer calls while running!! - but my husband uses this feature and that function works well, too.
on May 9, 2013
This is a good quality, relatively cheap set of ear buds. The marshmallow buds are very comfortable and keep sound in very well! The only problem with them is that they can sometimes lose their softness in certain conditions and be somewhat uncomfortable at these times, but wearing them softens them out again! The microphone is extremely handy, and I enjoy it very much! It worked well on my Android phone running 2.3.6 even though designed for iPhone, so that was a pleasant surprise! :) Overall, a very good deal for the price, and great sound quality to boot!!!
on May 1, 2016
Bought these to keep in my birth kid (I am a midwife and a doula) so that I didn't bring my regular set to a birth and lose them. Honestly, I love them. The marshmallow tips keep the buds in my small ears without hurting them, and keep the music/conversation in my ears, not all over the room I am in. When I have a conversation with somebody else over the phone while wearing them, the other person doesn't know I'm wearing a head set. I can keep one ear in and talk to emergency workers, spouses, my partner, and have my hands free to do work, in an emergency. In a non emergency, I can sit in a corner and knit or rest while the family does their thing, listen to quiet music or a pod cast, and not bother a soul (generally while the family is resting or laboring in another room). Perhaps not the typical review, but yeah, I'd recommend them to others, for comfort, construction quality, and sound quality, both through the mic and the headset.
on February 1, 2016
I bought this item, taking a chance that it would work with my PS4, since the earpiece that comes with the console is too big for the human ear and the sound is terrible. The JVC is better, and certainly more comfortable than the PS4 mic, but the sound cuts in and out. Not so different from the PS4 model in that respect. The best I've found is the official Sony headset which I'd bought for my daughter for $19.99. The seller raised their price to about $36, and there is just no way I'll pay that much for the same item I got for almost half. Incidentally, the sound on the official Sony headset cuts in and out as well, only slightly less often than the JVC. Overall, it's an OK headset. And I didn't get scammed on the price. Did I mention it looks really nice?
on June 9, 2012
I have had these headphones for a few months now. I initially had the ones without the mic, and when the mic version came out, I had to get these. They have been nothing shy of wonderful for me. I use the on my Droid and I use them in my laptops, wonderful all of the time and extremely comfortable for extended periods of wear.
on February 1, 2013
These headphones are a good quality- great price. I have them for myself & also bought for my kids. My daughter is constantly losing hers, or leaving them out for the dog to chew up, so I don't want to spend a lot. When my kids don't "borrow" them they have lasted me over a year, which I think is great for the price.
on April 12, 2016
These earbuds sound good when I can get them to fit into my ear. I require a smaller fit and these are a one size fits all, which as we know never works for everyone. The memory foam cannot be made small enough to fit comfortably within my ear so the are painfully tight when I can get them to squeeze into my ear.
on May 9, 2013
They work great! Good sound, the microphone functions well, and they're very comfortable. The shipping was on time. I often fall asleep with these on because I listen to my iPod at night, and so far even that hasn't damaged them.
on October 21, 2015
Fun color and decent sound for the price. Wish the microphone/button also controlled volume like original iPhone headphones do. Not as sensitive for controls either as original iPhone equipment. Extremely comfortable with the marshmallow ear pieces and nice option to choose from different sizes.