BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 4, 2012
I've become a fan of the Champion brand because of quality and value. This is my second shirt. The ECO line sheds less than the "fleece" line when washed. Good, but you should still wash it by itself for the first time. Sizes run large; I normally need an XL, but a Champion L is plenty big for me. The quality is as good as shirts costing twice as much.

In real life, the maroon color is more brown and less red than the photo. That suits me fine.
22 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2016
I don't know about the negative comments on this product, but I wish I could rate my purchase more than 5 stars! Fast shipping & fits as expected! I expected the quality to be cheap since the price for this is inexpensive..but I was wrong! The quality and material are great and I like how the neckline is nice and snug and the wrist and waist have some sort of elastic whereto it doesn't hang loosely. Definitely recommend! Will be purchasing more! Don't let some unhappy ratings spoil your purchase.
on December 27, 2015
This is what I wrote about Hanes vs Champion crewneck sweatshirt in another Amazon review:
Hanes Beefy-T shirts are great - both long sleeve and short sleeve - I have a ton of them. Hanes also makes great boxers and boxer briefs. But as one reviewer warned in a review (which I regrettably ignored) the Hanes sweatshirts aren't cut right. Very boxy and they hang horribly. Kind of frumpy and not an athletic fit at all. Make for "thicker" built people I'm afraid. I sent mine back. Oddly, I ordered a "replacement" crew neck sweatshirt from Hane's sister company Champion - because the Champion reviews on Amazon were good.... and you know what...? The Champion crewneck sweatshirt was indeed EXCELLENT. Great athletic cut. Great fit. Flattering and not bulky! Hangs right. Holds up well to washings etc. So go with the Champion and not Hanes for at least the crew neck sweatshirt (I got the "Champion Men's Pullover Eco Fleece Sweatshirt" by the way.)
on December 22, 2014
These Champion sweatshirts are pretty decent and I see no reason to not keep buying them. They look nice, hold up well, and tend to feel more "cottony" the more you wash them. That said, I do prefer 100% cotton sweatshirts over any polyester blends. A better blend than this Champion is 90/10 when you can find it.

I've had the white Champion for a couple years now which is still very nice looking and I just purchased the "Team Gold Heather" which, I believe, is misnamed. It's more a road-sign yellow or roughly the color of a marigold flower. Very - almost shockingly - bright. Heather? I didn't see any. I asked my wife if I should return it and she said she liked it well enough...so I kept it. Could be an excellent choice for road-side jogging or bike riding due to high visibility. Also great for being quickly found in a large crowd.

I wish it were more of a gold like an old sweatshirt I recently replaced and I most definitely wish Champion would offer a high-quality all-cotton option or, at least, a 90/10 blend. I've never seen a cotton sweatshirt "pill" with age but these blends can all be prone to pilling which makes them eligible for donation to Goodwill. Something to keep in mind when you're buying sweatshirts.
on October 2, 2017
Always buy Champion-they make a great product whether its sweatshirts/sweatpants active wear-i have never had any issues with this company always a good product never disappoints--well made-fit as expected-good selection of colors-wash great colors stay vibrant-highly recommend!
I use pull-over sweatshirts over my T-shirts as pajama tops on winter nights. I like fleece comfort and I like to go big, so even though I'm 6 feet, 240 pounds, this XXL runs a bit big for me before a wash. After the wash it's just slightly big but I like it that way as sleep wear. I'd go black if I were going to wear as a substitute for a sweater. I hate sweaters. I'd rather wear a nice black sweatshirt.

So why only 3 stars? Because after a half dozen washes the fabric is already pilling. Little fiber balls have developed all over it. This is both unsightly and a sign of poor quality. I've had sweatshirts that didn't get pilling until after several years, but I've only had this for a couple of months.
on August 5, 2014
I have several of these, they are very soft and hold up well. The fabric is medium weight as far as sweatshirts go, not as heavy as some, but not thin like most inexpensive ones. I wish the pants were made out of the same material. All of the colors now are listed as 80/20 cotton, but I've had some of these in the past that were a lower percentage and they weren't as comfortable.

The size runs just a bit big, I normally wear a large in most shirts but I like a roomy sweatshirt so I go XL on these.
on August 28, 2017
My husband LOVES this sweatshirt!! The fit was perfect, the sweatshirt is soft, thick and comfortable, and the price is great! I bought three different brands and this is his favorite.
on January 1, 2017
This fleece sweatshirt is quite fine. My only complaints are that because it's made of recycled plastic (great ecology idea!) it doesn't "breathe" the way other fabrics do and one can sometimes feel a little warm in rooms kept at normal temperatures. This was a replacement for another Champion sweatshirt I had...though both are "smalls" this one is a tad larger than the original. I called them and they were willing to take it back (nice) but I decided to live with it as is...which is close enough to what I'd expected..
on November 11, 2015
Feels and looks nice but pilled after one wash. I have a number of Champion sweat pants and shirts that have held up well for years but this shirt seems to be made out of inferior materials.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.