Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on January 4, 2013
I bought a Qosmio X775-3Dv80 after Xmas from Amazon in 2011. Screen went bad the first week. Amazon sent me a new one. 3D and display card went south 2 weeks later on the second one. Amazon sent me another replacement.

Kudos for Amazon!!!

Wifi went out 3 weeks later on the 3rd one. Called Toshiba instead of Amazon. Toshiba repaired it (reinserted the wifi card).
5 months later, wifi crapped out again. Sent back to Toshiba. Toshiba repaired and sent it back.
However, upon reception back from the repair, I found a 2-inch long crack on one corner & a chip on the top cover, prying marks inside (trying to get the keyboard out?), and keyboard not seated all the way in. The shipping package undamaged
I contacted Toshiba again and was promised a "complementary" one (I didn't ask for it)
Days later when I called them about it, Tosh rep said NO such RECORD, but told me to send it back for repair.
I did so and got an email from Toshiba saying warranty doesn't cover cracks, and wanting $175.99 to fix it. What???? They broke it.
Called them again and got transferred to a case manager. I spent 30min with him explaining that Toshiba wanted to charge me for damage cause by the repairman, etc. He just kept repeating "Toshiba's warranty policy does not cover physical damages.", and " is there anything else I can help you with?" no matter what I tried to explain.
The previous rep told me to send it back in for repair instead of sending me a different unit???

I was so discussed that I told him "just send it back". It took them 5 weeks to send the damaged laptop back to me.
on January 17, 2012
I purchased this laptop a little over a month ago and I am really happy with some aspects and disappointed with others. The 3D works great. The movies look good and so do the games played in 3D. It has some upconvert abilities when it comes to the 3D. It will upconvert DVDs only and not blurays or so far as I can tell. I could never get standard blurays to play in 3D but I'm sure you can find software that will do it. The PC runs great for normal activities but when it comes to gaming it does not run so great. The PC runs hotter than most as it is, although nothing too bad under normal use, however, when you try to play a game you get stutter for maybe 30 seconds where the frame rate drops significantly. This happens about every minute or two so it is annoying. The graphics are great but this stutter is a major issue that has not been addressed by Toshiba yet. For me even when I lower the graphics the stutter still occurs so it doesn't seem to matter. If you look this issue up on the Toshiba forum you will find several people having the same problem without an apparent solution. If Toshiba puts out an update to fix this problem I would give it 5 stars and recommend it but as it stands I would only recommend this computer if you don't plan on gaming. Weird that this laptop is advertised for gaming but yet has such a problem with doing the very thing it was marketed to do. **UPDATE** I forgot to revise my review but after the BIOS update the games play fine now without any stutter. I give the laptop 5 stars now.
66 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2015
1) The graphics card and/or poor fan performance causes lag with newer video games which leads to overheating and auto shut off (!) within 10 minutes of playing. Some say this is the Power Membrane defect (whatever that vague prognosis means) but it seems to at least partially be an auto switch off when it gets too hot. After 5-10 minutes I can turn it back on. As it gets older it has been doing this more - I now put a desk fan facing it if it's a particularly hot day and it seems to help, but that's highly impractical year round.

1200 dollars and within 2 years I'm unable to play any video games for more than 10 minutes without this issue arising, not sure I'll buy any more Toshibas.

2) The wifi card seems to be affected by the heat and/or auto switch off. I've had to reset it after the above auto shut-down several times (just take the battery out, hold power button for 30 seconds, put battery back in and turn on). Now I'm getting regular wifi connection issues though, which can be a financial liability with my at home business!
on July 8, 2012
This is by far the greatest laptop I have ever owned or have even known anyone to own. There's simply nothing it can't handle with lightening speed and my iPad's retina display isn't even this crystal clear. With the 3D glasses, I have been able to play Diablo 3 IN ACTUAL 3D!! Movies . . . IN 3D!! iTunes menus, certain websites, online gaming, games from disc . . . . IN 3D!! And with the convenient on/off 3D button above the keyboard, I can easily turn the 3D off if I want to play or watch something in it's normal format.

With two hard drives installed, I also have had more than enough space to store Diablo 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, various other flash games, 11,834 songs, 213 movies, Pro Tools 10, and hundreds of pictures and home videos and still have just over 1TB of free space left.

***CAUTION*** When playing labor intensive games, this baby will get very toasty. So DO NOT buy this without a cooling pad. I use the Cooler Master CM Storm SF-19 Strike Force and it keeps my rig at a constant safe level.
on December 10, 2012
I'm loving this laptop. I got this primarilly for 3-d gaming and movies. If you put most games in the extreme mode, turn off things like antialiasing, ambient occlusion, 1080p 3d can render around 30fps. 2d game @ 1080p can render 60+ fps with same settings. Screen is beautiful, 1080p @ 120hz, this machine can give many desktops a run for their money(I got this on sale for $1299). My only complaint is share by many others, the battery is useless.
on May 30, 2012
This computer works great. Perhaps it works too well since I have not seen my son for weeks now since he got this computer. He is in gaming heaven. There was an issue with the 3D but I think there was an update that fixed that. Also, playing games in 3D make him dizzy after an hour or so. If you don't want to lose your son to digital nirvana don't buy this computer.
on May 31, 2012
Bought one of these to play with 3D displays, and this system with the NVDA active glasses 3D Vision system delivers really nice 3D graphics. The glasses are a bit clumsy, but I think the user experience is so compelling you'll forget you have them on, well, at least for the first 30 minutes... Just don't get up and walk away with them on and the USB charging cable still plugged in ;)

The battery lasts a decent amount of time given the massive six cores on this laptop. Form factor is decently designed. The keyboard is quite decent, reminds me of a Macbook Pro keyboard. The trackpad is a bit sensitive and my finger accidentally rests on it on occasion such that a real touch is ignored because of the resting finger.

Otherwise the product is really pretty decent. I have yet to play some real 3D games like Doom or whatever. My understanding is that you can take any 3D graphics game, and NVidia 3D display driver will create the two views needed for stereoscopic 3D effects. So that's pretty neat.
on November 8, 2012
I bought this product in May 2012. I am very pleased with it. It is a great laptop. There are only two things wrong with it: 1) the keyboard buttons are indented deeply into the board so it might take some getting used to. You should be prepared for that -- especially if you're used to a deeper set of keyboard keys like with a traditional computer keyboard.

2). I am very pissed as I thought it had the BD-RE or Blu-ray burn capability when I bought the Qosmio X775-3DV80 version. In fact, if you go to Toshiba's website and scroll down, it clearly says, "Optical Drive* Blu-ray Disc(tm) Rewriteable (BD-RE) and DVD SuperMulti drive with Labelflash®." This was VERY IRRITATING!!! I wanted that as I wanted to backup Blu-ray movies I have and to copy ones I get via NetFlix. When I discovered it today, literally months after buying it, I was incensed. The sales copy I read said it had it in it and it didn't. Yes, I know it was a long time between from when I bought it to today's realization. But I trusted Amazon. This really bothers me. Now I'm gonna have to spend another couple of hundred bucks to have that capability that I thought I already had when I today set aside a block of time today to copy some of my collection.

Other than that it is a great product and I recommend it. Just make sure you are getting what you think you're getting.
on December 14, 2011
Let me just say this is my first 3d capable laptop I have seen other 3d capable devices and was not impressed. Even considered them gimmicks. All that changed once this laptop showed up for my door.

This laptop is replacing my asus g73 Gaming laptop while a great laptop I do believe the Toshiba trumps it in several categories

Obviously this is the 2nd gen Intel Sandy bridge and blows away the other i7 chip in the asus
it also has the GTX 560m 3d capable video card. Which was a nice upgrade
The screen size remained the same but the Toshiba pulls off a win here as its a bit nicer quality the true 1080p resolution capabilities prob. help it in this categorize

Really It dominates the Asus except for the following in my opinion
I think the Asus design is more appealing
I think the keyboard is much nicer on the asus from a touch and input perspective.
the touch pad buttons are huge steps up from the Toshiba buttons.

So far i love this laptop and looks like its going to work out for a long time to come.
on April 9, 2013
meets all my expectations and it came with windows 7 howevwer in game play does put out a lot of heat

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question