Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 21, 2012
This device is the smoothest, most customizable phone on the market other than the Galaxy S3. Whoever say the display is choppier than the iphone4, obviously has a flawed device & needs to exchange it ASAP. Its just as smooth & on heavy loaded websites its actually smoother than the iphone. Go to sprint & use them side by side. Touchwiz has 0 lag & 3rd party launcher run flawlessly as well. Try it out & see for yourself.
on September 8, 2015
This phone is the reason I will no longer use Samsung phones, and possibly Sprint. It locks up constantly requiring me to hold the power button down until it restarts (multiple times per day). It restarts on its own and it is very unreliable as a communication device. Do yourself a favor a look somewhere else. This phone is a major piece of crap.
on October 8, 2011
The Samsung Epic 4G Touch for Sprint is one of the best phones currently available on the market. It has a beautiful 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display (really need to see this in person to appreciate it) and an impressive 1.2GHz dual-core processor (benchmarks off the charts). Also has an 8 megapixel rear camera and front-facing camera for video chat.

Beautiful! [...]

Pros:
- large display with great color
- thinner than expected (9.59mm)
- lighter than expected (4.5oz)
- large capacity battery (1800mAh)
- 8 megapixel camera with 1080p video recording
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor

Cons:
- 4G Wimax instead of 4G LTE
- WVGA resolution, it's slightly less than qHD and 720p HD is coming soon
on August 29, 2012
Got the phone for my girlfriend as a early birthday gift and she loves it. She always had a Samsung phone and then switched to a LG now back again. You can't get her to put it down. One of the best phones ever. The specs is awesome and the camera takes beautiful pictures.
on September 12, 2012
After reading the hundreds of comments about this phone and dancing back and forth I brought my wife one and she loved hers so much I got one too.I love everything about this phone except for the fact that you cant turn off the shutter sound on the camera but other than that I would highly recommend this phone to anyone.
on March 14, 2012
I had been with Verizon for 11 years, I've felt that I never got my monies worth,
when it came to product and services. I then switched to Cricket, the phone I purchased wasn't bad, but I needed an unlimited data plan that wouldn't slow down to a crawl after using 3g. I then purchased the Samsung Galaxy S II touch
phone from Sprint, and I couldn't be any happier. First, of all the service I
have received from Sprint has been stellar, and the phone is absolutely fantastic. I still have numerous phones from Verizon, after all those years of
new every two upgrades, as well as my Cricket Huawei. But, this Samsung Galaxy phone I have is wonderful. I do not see myself putting it aside for an upgrade.

That may be Sprint's only downside from having it, the customers may not upgrade to any new phones. I can tell you now, that unless they come out with something
as great as the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic touch, I won't certainly be upgrading.
The size is perfect, the screen size is perfect, the graphics are all great.
Keep up the good work, Sprint and Samsung. I applaud you both. My co-workers, friends and family members are
all excited about my phone, once I show them all of the features, the apps, the graphics, the screen size, many
of them are talking about not only upgrading their phone to a Samsung Galaxy S II Epic touch, but also to Sprint,
since I've told them of my experiences.

I have a lot of electronics from an Ipod classic 160g, an Ipad 64g, a Pandigital tablet, several laptops, a PSP,
but I won't go anywhere without my Samsung Galaxy phone. Anything I can do with any of the devices listed above
I can do with my Samsung Galaxy phone. I also have access to all of my tv viewing via my slingplayer. So, I have
one up on my other devices already by being able to view all of the channels on my FIOS account. For anyone looking for a new phone, to do much more than place calls and receive and send text messages, then you have to purchase
this phone. It has my full endorsement. Even the power cord is designed so that it easily fits in my pants pocket
without being huge and bulky. I just think whomever came up with the total design of this phone, hit a home run
and won the game. After the initial commercials, any sales of the phone will undoubtedly be made by word of mouth
by owners like myself. I've even had numerous Iphone4S customers talking about switching out their phones for this
Samsung phone.
on July 11, 2012
Fast and very power efficient for an Android phone. Samsungs Touchwiz over Android gives it a cartoony look. Camera is good but video is shakey. Still running Gingerbread on Sprint which sucks but a good phone if its below 100 bucks.
on March 6, 2012
I have to admit I am shocked to see any negative reviews of this superb Android phone! I'll be upfront and say that I have never owned an iPhone so I will not make that comparison. However, I can not imagine any iPhone user being more satisfied with their phone than I am with this one! Where do I start?

>Size? The screen is huge and it's Samsung so of course it is beautiful.
Responsiveness? Excellent. Not sure how else to say it. Responds to taps and swipes effortlessly and quickly.
>Weight? It may look huge but this thing is sooooo much lighter than an iPhone. It feels very solid in the hand but it really is surprisingly light. Love it.
>Reliability? I've had it for about a month now and I have not experienced any glitches whatsoever. I do use FastReboot a few times a day and clear the cache periodically just as a safeguard but I have yet to have the phone freeze or feel sluggish in any way.
>Storage? Comes with 16gb so, like other similar phones you have plenty of storage. Since I upgraded from a very poor low memory phone (I won't even mention the model - I made a very poor choice! haha) this feels like it's gargantuan. I downloaded plenty of apps and haven't made a dent in the storage space.

I'm really not sure what else I can say or need to. The phone is elegantly simple looking, beautiful screen. Oh, the phone? Works fine, sounds clear. Enough said.

Oh right, battery life. Must admit that because I hated my prior phone so much I have probably played with this one even more than I would normally and .... I've had no problem with the battery. I have yet to need to recharge it any sooner than the end of the night. Granted I don't talk on the phone very much but I use the apps throughout the day, including the browser and a couple of games. So far, the battery has held up just fine.

All I can say it that I don't know how you could buy a better smartphone than this one - unless they start to offer a Galaxy s3 anytime soon! I love this phone and I believe you will too if you upgrade to it. Hope this is helpful.
on December 9, 2011
There are plenty of detailed reviews. I just want to say that this is the best Android phone out to date.
Fast, slim, light, amazing screen, decent battery life, Samsung's GPU-accelerated launcher/shell with GPU accelerated browser. The camera is also of good quality. While 1080P recording is redundant, it's nice to have :) Also, the bezel around the screen, especially sides, is noticeably thinner than most phones - really cool. Even though this has a larger screen than AT&T version, it isn't actually noticeably bigger, since the AT&T's version has larger bezel.

The only few complaints I have are as follows:
- The LED is slightly too cool for me. When used as flash light, it outputs blue-ish light, kind of like those riced out HID kits you see on in halogen headlight housings XD *facepalm* Ok, maybe not that bad, but I would guess it's around 5200K. My old Motorola Droid OG had pure white color LED, which I really appreciated.
- The phone is slippery and hard to get a grip on because of its lightness. Seriously, the phone is so light, it doesn't sit firmly in your hand. Such a quirk is easily remedied with a protective shell.
- No camera button. I miss press-hold to launch camera app on my Droid. Now I actually have to keep a shortcut to the camera app on the home screen. Of course, some welcome minimalistic approach - the fewer buttons, the better. But I'm sure those that use the camera often, like myself, wouldn't mind a physical button (especially dual action). Besides, focusing the lens is more comfortable with a button than tap-hold on the screen.
- Bloatware. Enough said. All phones have it, this one is no exception. I have 3 phones on the plan, mine is rooted, others are not. While I removed all the carp I didn't want, my mom and gf use the phone in its stock form. They aren't very tech savvy, of course, and could care less about the notification bar spamming with Sprint app news/updates/bs or ads in apps. My guess is, in a similar manner, to most people that won't matter. Those that do have a problem with bloatware are probably well aware of removal techniques.

None of those issues would keep me from buying the phone again (if you call $0.01 "buying" lol).
on November 2, 2011
UPDATE: I'm downgrading my review from 5 stars to 4 because the OS, Gingerbread, is now out of date and we've been waiting too long for Ice Cream Sandwich. The hardware on this phone is still fantastic.

This is a really nice phone. It has all the great features from the Galaxy S line (except for Sprint's Epic 4G if you liked the QWERTY keyboard - my mom just got the Epic 4G and loves it). The crappy GPS in the GS1's has been resolved in the GS2: I get a lock almost instantly anywhere outside. There isn't too much preinstalled crapware on the Epic Touch and some of it can be deleted without rooting. The screen is gorgeous despite being relatively low-resolution compared to other new phones and the wifi and 3g/4g connections are really fast (I live right outside Minneapolis). The dual core processor and 1gb of RAM make it super responsive without any hold ups or hiccups. I'm worried that Samsung will be slow to update the OS from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich and may never update beyond ICS because they were really bad about updating the Galaxy S1's. But right now this phone is probably the most advanced option and works flawlessly.

If you have small hands the phone might be uncomfortably wide, although it's incredibly thin and weighs almost nothing.

I got the TPU case for about $10 that fits snuggly and I'm happy with that too.

Update: I've played around with the camera a little and that's fantastic too. My GS1 (T-Mobile Vibrant) had a nice lens but no flash; the Epic Touch has a surprisingly powerful flash and handles really nicely inside at night. I recommend using SugarSync to have the photos automatically load to your computer.

Update 2: Holy cow, I can even get a GPS signal INSIDE. Thank you Samsung for finally getting that right.