Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

on September 1, 2014
I am convinced that after your 2year contract is up Sprint and/or Samsung pushes out a software to your phone to destroy it!!! Never fails...my phone goes bolistic once I'm eligible for an upgrade.
on May 17, 2012
We had the Samsung Galaxy and that worked pretty well so when I saw the ads for the Galaxy II with bigger screen, faster processor, and more features I was excited. At first it worked well, but then I had constant problems with Swype-no matter how I adjust the settings-Swype almost always chooses the wrong words. If I talk into the mic to use speech recognition again it almost always uses the wrong words.

Aside from that the battery life is pathetic. Within one month the battery would last only three hours on a charge. Sprint told me I would have to call Samsung, but Samsung said they never replace batteries even if it is one day old and defective. Don't think this kind of lousy service would happen with Apple.

In addition, the phone is having constant brain farts where it freezes up for no reason-and sometimes they can last ten minutes. I also has brain farts while texting where you try to Swype a letter on the left side of the keyboard and it will not recognize it.

Finally, the reception is much worse than the Galaxy one and so is the volume control to the point of barely being able to hear someone. The Iphone may not have the large screen but I'd rather have quality than a big heap of garbage that has all sorts of bells and whistles-most of which do not even work!
on March 23, 2012
Bought the epic s2 first time in Nov 2011. Well, just this week during Spring Break, I llost the darn phone. Try to convince whoever found it via text messages to return for reward, but no luck. Really made me mad cuz there were pictures stored on the phone. Anyway, the point of this review is to say that I was sooo tempted to get the IPhone 4s, but the awesome features of this phone like: big screen, thinness, light weight, very smooth touch screen, and the sywpe feature convince me to buy the same phone again. Oh yeah, lets not forget how CHEAP it is to expand the storage capacity.

This is my third Android phone, I'm sooo glad it turn out to be a better experience then the very first android phone I bought, the Samsung Moment... Ughh what a joke it was. As with any phone, it's not perfect. My only grip is that it's hard for me to hear people, so often I put it on speaker (which is very loud!). Minor issue with sound quality with music playback, but hey what do you want? A phone or an IPod?

P.S. I was using Diztronics TPU case for the phone. It s awesome! But this time I stumbled across Seidio Convert cases, and they are even more awesome (of course not as cheap..lol).
on January 4, 2012
This is Carol Butler's son. My mom bought this phone for me as an early Christmas present. Let me say that it's the best Christmas present I've ever been given! I'd never owned a smartphone before, so, I didn't know if I'd be able to figure it out. I was totally wrong. It's very easy to figure out, and, I've come to find out that I'm better at typing on a touch screen than a QUERTY keyboard. There's a lot of apps that I've installed in the almost two months I've owned this phone, including The Bible app, Facebook, Myspace, YouTube and a lot more.

The camera is great, both with pics and vids. The only complaint I have about videos is that if you record a high quality video, you have to have WiFi in order for it to upload it. Other than that, I love it!

It's the best phone I've ever owned! Since getting it, I've been seeing and hearing a lot of commercials about it, and a few of my friends have purchased it.

This phone is highly recommended!

Edit: After owning this phone for almost a year, I realized that I had the video setting set to only upload over a WiFi network. Now, I can upload videos over any network.
on December 7, 2011
The only other Android that I would consider 'better' is the Galaxy Nexus, which I doubt will be released on Sprint until they roll out LTE, which will be late 2012. I don't feel like waiting that long to upgrade my Evo. So I got the Epic touch. I like it, much faster than my Evo, I thought it might be too big, but it's so thin and light that you don't notice. I'm sure within 5 years we'll be carrying around business card thin phones.

Haven't had enough time to test out the battery life, so no thoughts there. There are a few quirky things regarding some instability with the touch screen but only happens intermittently. Like using Google talk, sometimes the cursor jumps back a word for no reason. This is stuff that could be fixed with software updates fairly easily. Delay when waking up the phone is annoying, don't know how that got past QC.

Good data and voice connections so far, better 4g connection than with my Evo.

I didn't think I would like TouchWiz, but it's growing on me. I'll always love the basic Android experience with the Nexus phones, but TouchWiz will suffice.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 10, 2012
I finally made the decision to replace my elderly Palm Treo with a newer phone. After reading many reviews and talking to users of various devices, I settled on the Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch from Sprint. The screen is gorgeous, the sound is great and the speed is amazing. I have good 4G coverage at work but I live on the edge of ANY coverage - When I go for a walk in the neighborhood, I can walk out of coverage. I have WIFI at home and the phone deals with both systems.

- The phone only comes with a Start Guide but there is a good users manual in the support section of the Samsung web site. I recommend checking it out.

- This is a powerful device. You can use its basic features as soon as it is charged and activated. However, it does take a while to learn all of its features.

- The voice activation is excellent. I can easily send text messages or make phone calls without touching the phone. I paired it with an LG Tone (HBS-700) Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset. The two make an excellent combination.
on September 25, 2011
Epic 4g Touch is one of a new breed of "super" phones. Dual core SoC processors. The features and performance that this phone has gives it a seamless and smooth flow of operation. This phone has not locked up on me once since I got it a week ago. 10 programs open, no lag. It is very light to a point where it worries me that if I drop it it may break. I did'nt want to take any chances so I went ahead and bought one of those TPU matte cases and now it has a very nice balanced weigh to it.

The 4.5 inch is crisp and very bright. Using it out in the sun is no problem either because of the Super AMOLD display. All of the App icons are nicely sized to fit the large screen.

One thing that I have noticed is that accessory vendors are slow to develope accessories for the Epic Touch. May be in a few months this might be the case but for now be prepared for some slim pickings when it comes to accessories with this phone.

Reception is great and calls come in clear. People on the other end also say the same.

Over all I am very happy with this phone.
on December 4, 2011
I am one of those people who read every review that I can get my hands on before buying big ticket items. To be honest, I was vacillating between the new iPhone and the Galaxy S II. I would stop in at our local Sprint store to check out the features of the phones and what other reviewers had commented on. With that said, I chose the Samsung over the iPhone and could not be happier with my decision.

Here is what I especially like about this phone:

--It is extremely light weight.
--It is easy to maneuver between the different apps.
--The battery life is pronominal (I charged it when I first got the phone, used it all the next day, calling, texting, emailing and playing games and STILL have not had to recharge it)!
--It links with my Samsung tablet.
--In a pinch, I can use the phone as a hotspot.

The only draw back (and this really isn't a draw back) is that there are few cases for this phone to protect it or to clip it on a belt.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 11, 2011
I traded my iPhone 4S for this, never looked back on Apple again (I had 3g, 3gs and 4 before my 4S)

Raw horsepower, never lagged, great screen and size (my iPhone 4S's screen is way too small to my taste, despite super dense pixel count). Battery life is on par with 4S, however worse than the original iphone 4. And this is with 4G off all the time. With 4G, this phone's battery drops insanely quick.

Random Lose of Service, where my phone would receive phone calls but data service would fail and all my apps and email wouldn't connect to 3G. This happens a lot when I'm in an enclosed area, with no service, out of the area and the Data still does not work (phone would not show 3G data icon)

Keyboard is much more comfortable than iphone 4/4s, swype is the best invention ever.

Music management is less than iTunes, and Asian language support is subpar compared to iTunes/iPhone.

App selection is on par with Apple App Store.

Overall above average performance.
on December 3, 2011
I have had the Galaxy S II etc. phone for about a week now, and I am still occasionally muttering to myself, "This phone is so awesome..." Maybe I am easy to impress because I was jumping all the way up from a 4 year old crappy flip-phone, so probably any smart phone on the planet would amaze me...but still, it is just a really great phone. Literally everything I want to do that I believe would be possible with a phone, it does. I have not yet run into a single frustration or complaint about the design. The battery life is pretty amazing as well considering how much stuff is constantly going on in it; again, I am coming from the perspective of someone with a really old phone, and that thing barely was more efficient than this despite doing literally nothing besides phone and text.

Other people have given much more extensive reviews, but I just wanted to chime in as another very satisfied buyer, for what it's worth.