Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 29, 2012
I had a Motorola Blur before I got this phone. I am so glad I got this phone this time around. It IS really nice having the best phone on the market.

PROS
1. Camera.
First of all, probably the thing about this phone is the camera. It's better than my point-and-shoot camera. It has like 0.2 less megapixels than my handheld camera, but the quality is LOADS better and SO much sharper on the phone. My mom couldn't stop commenting about the picture quality. Another plus is that you can turn the camera around to face yourself. That is handy when you're trying to get a picture of yourself or someone else with you.

2. The alarm.
I like the nice little touch that programmers added onto this phone. There is a "smart alarm" option. It's a calming, relaxing tone that starts about 5 minutes before your actual alarm goes off to gradually wake you up.

3. Customization options.
Remember on your old Android how if you wanted to rearrange your home screens you had to move each individual app to each screen? Now you don't have to do that. If you decide you want the right screen to the left of the home screen, you can just move that entire page to the left and move the left to the right of the home screen. No more rearranging millions of apps to change the pages.

4. The app page
The app page swipes to the sides, instead of scrolling up and down. It's MUCH faster and everything is more easily accessible because you SEE what's there instead of trying to see it as it scrolls past you!

5. App tracker.
There's a task manager that easily shows you how many apps are running and you can exit them with the click of a button. Alot easier than what Android had before.

CONS
1. The lock button.
It's on the side, but you get used to it.

2. There's no HDMI port.
You can get an adapter, but it doesn't come with a port. Kind of disappointing for a phone of this caliber.

3. Battery life.
Need I say more?! But it's a given. This phone has so many capabilities but I do find the battery dying. I put it on airplane mode during work when I'm not using it and that helps. But still. It would probably only last about 6 hours MAX if you were on it constantly. I would always keep a charger with you if you are on the go.

4. Moving the apps.
Ok so you can move the screens around. But on my Blur I could hover over an app while moving another and that app would move out of the way so I could drop the app I was moving. That is NOT the case on this phone. Which is rather annoying and the #1 thing I don't like about this phone. You have to move the app in the way and then move the app you wanted to move initially.

So just some sidenotes.....

--Phone Size.
I didn't think I would like how large this phone is. I bought the Blur because it was small and would fit in my pocket. I have small hands and I didn't like the feel of my boyfriends' Droid X. I got my phone and it's SO much bigger than the Droid X. But EVERYONE comments on the screen size and how bright it is. It IS rather nice. I didn't think I would like how big it was but I got it anyways and I don't regret it. Couldn't pass up the $50 deal on Amazon for the best phone on the market. It feels good in my hand.

There's just small little details that went into this phone that make a difference. Like the default view of the calendar is the monthly view, which is what I prefer. And it's easy to switch back and forth with the options at the top.

There's permanent buttons on the bottom of the screen: Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Apps. So handy.

I think that's all for now. I got the white one. It think it looks SOOO much sharper than the black one. Makes the screen look bigger too.
on July 29, 2012
Just got this phone three days ago could of got the Samsung s3 but I didn't like the physical button and I counld of got the HTC evo 4 lte but its can't connect to 4 g until late this year...but I got this and its perfact
on March 23, 2012
Bought the epic s2 first time in Nov 2011. Well, just this week during Spring Break, I llost the darn phone. Try to convince whoever found it via text messages to return for reward, but no luck. Really made me mad cuz there were pictures stored on the phone. Anyway, the point of this review is to say that I was sooo tempted to get the IPhone 4s, but the awesome features of this phone like: big screen, thinness, light weight, very smooth touch screen, and the sywpe feature convince me to buy the same phone again. Oh yeah, lets not forget how CHEAP it is to expand the storage capacity.

This is my third Android phone, I'm sooo glad it turn out to be a better experience then the very first android phone I bought, the Samsung Moment... Ughh what a joke it was. As with any phone, it's not perfect. My only grip is that it's hard for me to hear people, so often I put it on speaker (which is very loud!). Minor issue with sound quality with music playback, but hey what do you want? A phone or an IPod?

P.S. I was using Diztronics TPU case for the phone. It s awesome! But this time I stumbled across Seidio Convert cases, and they are even more awesome (of course not as cheap..lol).
on October 4, 2011
I won't get into the specifics of the phone many reviews have done that. My experience has usually been the back of the line phones that you get for free with a new contract. My last phone was a Blackberry Curve 8330 which I had 2 different phones in 4 years. I really liked that phone after coming from a regular phone with limited internet and other capabilities. The last 6 months or so my Blackberry really started to lag. Web browsing was never fast but was like going from cable back to dial-up. So I decided a new phone was in order and if I have to pay $10 a month extra anyway I wanted a 4G phone. Looked all through Sprint's lineup and I had originally decided on the EVO but changed my mind with all the reviews of the Epic Touch.

This phone is blazing fast. Apps pull up instantly and there is no delay in video, the GPS is wonderful, it is perfect to hold in your left hand with the volume buttons right there under your thumb if you hold it in your right hand your thumb is on the power and index finger on the volume so that could be an issue.

All in all I am so happy I got this phone. It does not feel cheaply made like some people have stated on here. It is rather large but if you use a bluetooth like me then there are no issues about holding it up to your ear. the 16Gb storage is incredible. I had a 1Gb SD card for my BB and had a ton of songs on it. Don't think I will be filling up the 32Gb SD slot and 16Gb internal memory anytime soon.
on May 17, 2012
We had the Samsung Galaxy and that worked pretty well so when I saw the ads for the Galaxy II with bigger screen, faster processor, and more features I was excited. At first it worked well, but then I had constant problems with Swype-no matter how I adjust the settings-Swype almost always chooses the wrong words. If I talk into the mic to use speech recognition again it almost always uses the wrong words.

Aside from that the battery life is pathetic. Within one month the battery would last only three hours on a charge. Sprint told me I would have to call Samsung, but Samsung said they never replace batteries even if it is one day old and defective. Don't think this kind of lousy service would happen with Apple.

In addition, the phone is having constant brain farts where it freezes up for no reason-and sometimes they can last ten minutes. I also has brain farts while texting where you try to Swype a letter on the left side of the keyboard and it will not recognize it.

Finally, the reception is much worse than the Galaxy one and so is the volume control to the point of barely being able to hear someone. The Iphone may not have the large screen but I'd rather have quality than a big heap of garbage that has all sorts of bells and whistles-most of which do not even work!
on May 9, 2012
Having had cell phones since they became affordable to the average consumer, I have to say "How long has the future been here and what have I been doing since then?"
Played around with friends' Iphone 4, and 4s and they are nice. Apple really set the bar high for cell phones, but haven't really moved since then. Samsung really stepped up on this one. The phone can call, it can text (you can just speak and it will write the text for you), it also has a wicked swype option that makes finger texting so much easier, it can film a video and then post it to Youtube, it plays games, it has so many options I just can't see making you read about all of them. Battery life with heavy use is relative to how the phone is connected, but you need to remember that this device is more powerful than the first laptops. After it finished initial charge at 17:30 I spent the next six hours setting it up, using the phone, watching vids, texting, downloading books and games for free, playing said games, and at around 23:30 I had 16% left and it recommended I top it off. How is that even possible? Six hours! Ridiculous. It has a decent heft but so thin! How did they sandwich all those squirrels inside? I am completely blown away. This is only day two, so it still has time to catch fire and explode, but until it does that, it will be the most EPIC device I have ever purchased. Video chat? Yeah it has that. So amazing.

EDIT-So now it is over four months later, let's review. Battery life seems to be less with the latest upgrade, but they ARE ten bucks AND you can replace them yourself you GENIUS you. Also, the processor does get a bit hot from time to time, mostly in 4G. It has crashed while running an app or two. What micro pc/phone doesn't? That said, still chugging away like a boss. The plastic case seems engineered to come off in a fall. No damage yet, several tumbles on linoleum, concrete, asphalt, and even a sofa. Oh, and no case for me thanks. This thing really doesn't look it, but it is pretty tough. Ninja Phone. Sits right in any pocket. Why hasn't the glass scratched yet? Just what did they do to those gorillas? Don't fear this thing if you have no skills. You can figure it out. If you have smallish hands then this is a mini tablet for sure. My hands are on the larger side and it is perfect for me. The Swype feature can help even sausage fingers text like crazy. What an amazing device. I just rubbed the screen with my t-shirt. Looks brand new. Works like it was new.
on November 10, 2011
If you're on the fence about getting this phone, I'll tell you right now, it's definitely time to hop off. I was super hesitant to get the Epic Touch simply because it was a samsung made device. Everyone knows what a mess the upgrades were for the original galaxy s line. Not to mention touchwiz was ehhhh. Didn't care for it much. I went into the sprint store and asked if they had a model available for demoing. Not going to lie, I thought the screen was HUGE. Maybe even too big. I picked it up and was shocked how light it was. After playing on it for about 10 minutes, and being captivated by the super amoled plus screen, the screen size no longer mattered. Yes, yes it has a pixel density of 800 by 480. Trust me, it doesn't matter one bit. And did I mention how fast this phone is? BLAZING!!!! Every aspect, from opening apps, to web browsing, to switching screens, FAST!!!! One thing that really puts people off, myself included, is the lag on android devices. The Exnyos processing power is outstanding in this phone. Lag hardly ever exists. As for touchwiz, I really like the improvements Samsung has made in 4.0. I've always been a pure vanilla kinda girl, but the new touchwiz is very intuitive and integrated wonderfully. You have the leap feature for both the main screens and app screens. If you're not sure what touchwiz 4.0 is or how it's different from previous versions, I recommend heading over to youtube and checking out a few reviews. It will help you get to know all you're phone is capable of. Also, I would recommend getting a screen protector and case for this phone. I purchased the ZAGG protector and TPU black matte case. I recommend both products they are perfect for the phone. I've dropped it twice, once when I was getting out of the car and the other I was inside. No dents, scratches, anything. I'm still waiting on otterbox to release a case. The more protection, the better.

There are a few quirks here and there, as with everything. The charging cord is kinda short and when the phone is charging, the touch sensitive screen isn't very accurate at times. I've only noticed that when it's charging. The power button is on the side so sometimes I'll accidentally hit that while adjusting the volume. After about 2 months with the phone I've gotten better at not doing that though. This phone also has a notification light. +1 for Samsung finally putting that in their product. The only thing is, it flashes every 8 seconds or so. Within that time I could have just pushed the power button to check if I have a notification..... so that is slightly irritating but I'm still very glad the feature is available.

Overall, this is a great phone. If it wasn't for Sprints spotty service, this phone would literally be a 10/10. I've only dropped two calls and they were both at the same place. A friend of mine must live in the black hole of all places because I get zero service there. Other than that, call quality is fantastic everywhere else. Web browsing is a great experience due to the screen size. I can't fit my phone in my pocket due to the size but I've gotten over that real quick. Speaker is very loud. I play a lot of music and have gotten quite a few compliments on the sounds quality and volume level. Touch sensitive buttons are very responsive. I haven't had any issues with hitting one of the buttons and having it not respond the way it should. The phone is THIN!! Which is sooo nice. Camera quality is also fantastic. Great camera shots inside and outside. One LED light is all this phone needs, it's plenty bright. Battery life is also good. I'd still say take a car charger with you though for long days away from home. I'd recommend this phone to anyone and everyone. It's the best phone out for sprint right now, hands down. The Nexus S will be dropping on verizon in a while, and honestly this phone is still going to be competition performance wise. What are you waiting for??? Go get one :D
on January 4, 2012
This is Carol Butler's son. My mom bought this phone for me as an early Christmas present. Let me say that it's the best Christmas present I've ever been given! I'd never owned a smartphone before, so, I didn't know if I'd be able to figure it out. I was totally wrong. It's very easy to figure out, and, I've come to find out that I'm better at typing on a touch screen than a QUERTY keyboard. There's a lot of apps that I've installed in the almost two months I've owned this phone, including The Bible app, Facebook, Myspace, YouTube and a lot more.

The camera is great, both with pics and vids. The only complaint I have about videos is that if you record a high quality video, you have to have WiFi in order for it to upload it. Other than that, I love it!

It's the best phone I've ever owned! Since getting it, I've been seeing and hearing a lot of commercials about it, and a few of my friends have purchased it.

This phone is highly recommended!

Edit: After owning this phone for almost a year, I realized that I had the video setting set to only upload over a WiFi network. Now, I can upload videos over any network.
on November 15, 2011
I bought my Samsung Galaxy S II on Sep 30th 2011. This happens to be my first smart phone as well. I am loving the responsiveness of the touch and the wide selection of apps that are available from both Amazon App Store and Android Market.

Pros:
* Light weight
* Touch - very responsive and fluid movements
* Excellent colors on the display
* The screen width - Most of my time is spent in reading something in either Amazon Kindle App or the FBReader (for free books from gutenburg.org). The screen makes it much better to read.
* Battery - comes for around 1 to 1.5 days. On an average, each day, I use the phone for reading (1.5 hours), listening to music (1 hr), checking mails, chatting etc., (~10 times a day spending ~5 minutes each time).
* Sprint plan - I believe this is one of the good deals for unlimited 3G data.
* Speaker on the phone - it is loud and clear

Cons:
* Sprint coverage - I find myself in 3G data roaming even if I travel slightly (10s of miles) outside Seattle. Although it says 3G data roaming is free, at times even the cell phone coverage is not available. I wish this was available with some other carrier.
* As with any other android device, this also doesn't play youtube videos in background - they just stop if I switch to some other application. Can't hold it against this phone - but anyways an annoyance for me.

Overall, if you are fine with a big form factor (bigger than normal phones, but fits well in my pockets), this is a very good choice.
on January 25, 2013
This phone is junk! I will never buy another Samsung phone again.
The force closes on almost all applications on a daily basis are frustrating but not a deal breaker. The message that pops up ever 20 seconds saying "insufficient voltage" is. Not only does it ruin my battery life (the screen stays on from the pop up) it is annoying! Every 20 seconds, no matter what, the message pops up with an accompanying sound. It drives me nuts. I already had the device replaced. But a few months later the new device is doing it too! Now Sprint doesn't want to replace it because it's somehow my fault. I hate being bullied by big corporations like this, and there's nothing I can do about it.