Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 101 reviews
on August 7, 2012
I just bought this phone 3 days ago and before I even decided to buy it I searched the web for every negative review there was about this phone. I must admit I was almost convinced not to buy it considering most of the reiviews I read had alot of things in common such as the limited data service for ST and the short battery life and bad service coverage. Well having this phone so far has been a wonderful experience its only been 3 days since I had it and I havent had any problems as far as the coverage it has a very good signal in my area. To increase the life-span of my battery I make sure to go to settings and manage any running apps by force stop, disconnect my 3G and wi-fi connections, and also downloaded a battery-life saver app which all have helped my phone hold a full and steady charge. I also downloaded a data manager app to ensure that i am staying under the 2GB limit, after doing some research about the ST plan and TOS I have learned that their is no such thing as unlimited data if you go over the 2GB limit your service will be subject for termination with NO REFUND, so please invest in this app if you are a heavy data user or subscribe to another carrier because its not worth losing a whole $45 just to stream a few videos and making your phone a wi-fi hotspot. I mean people always complain about having to do all of these extra tasks just to maintain the phone and the plan, but really its worth saving the money. I bought this phone refurbished on Amazon.com and I really feel like I got what I paid for which was a great phone with good service. If there was one thing about this phone I could change it would be the camera because it doesnt take very clear pictures, it doesnt have flash, and it doesnt scan barcodes AT ALL. Besides that I would refer this phone to a friend.
on June 28, 2015
I bought this phone around Christmas time for my daughter it wasn't what was seen in the pic it was the smallest phone I have ever seen that I could've bought from Wal-Mart cheaper. I wa giving the chance to send it back but that was a waited of my time sge kept it for about 3 months before getting another. Very up
on August 21, 2013
first... i did pay for this phone $90 ...expecting received a new boxed straight talk phone.. and .. i did received a used phone ;without SD memory card and with the wrong charger ; and also with no battery ..(so with the money i did pay for it plus all the accessories.. the price is about $200 dollars!!! .i did call to straight talk and the same brand new phone... it cost no more than $60 dollars ....it was a robbery!!! ... but the problem was resolve thanks to the always excellent amazon customer service
on September 16, 2013
Come to find out this phone did not work in my area. Even though I was told over the phone with talkntree it would. After speaking with Straight talk for the forth time it was apparent talkntree was giving me the run around on the phone. During email exchange they were very short and unpleasant to deal with same way on the phone. Different story when buying than trying to return. Once again my worse experience on Amazon!!
on October 18, 2016
I really wanted to love this phone, but I couldn't get it to work in my area....otherwise from playing on it, I loved it!
on April 28, 2013
I am very upset about this phone. I was exited to get it activated with Straight Talk, and when I was trying to activate it, the lady said that the Samsung Precedent could not be activated in the West Coast. I was not aware of that problem or I would have not ordered it. So, everyone...please be careful.

Lisa Camarena
on October 7, 2013
this phone was a total disappointment,phone was not new had old pictures stilled stored,bad reception,phone make noises bought three sims card still would not work correctly,cuts off all the time always searching sims card didnt matter would't have purchase if known this would like a refund very disappointed.
on June 1, 2015
Don't waste your time died within three months
on May 4, 2013
it is a nice phone had a few scatches on it, and can see why had two batteries with it, it doesnt keep a charge overnight. other wise, nice phone. I wish I had got one that held the battery time loner, but owner did state problem keeping charge, my bad
on April 3, 2012
First: I have used Straight Talk phones before and had no problems with coverage until I bought this Samsung Precedent.

The ad gave no indication that this phone works only on the Sprint network. I found out later that Straight Talk has confirmed that the Precedent will run on the Sprint network.

Because Straight Talk chose to use the Sprint network for this phone, the coverage on this phone will likely be similar to the coverage of Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile who are also Sprint resellers; it will likely only work in major metropolitan areas + on most freeways. This is generally inferior to what I and current Straight Talk customers experience on the Verizon or AT&T networks that all current Straight Talk phones use.

Second: After one day with this phone, the battery will not charge as it states "not a valid battery - check your manual." There is nothing in the manual about this phone battery error. Will be sending phone back for a refund.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.