Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,095 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,260 reviews
on July 27, 2015
I don't remember the exact number of the previous model but this is basically the same shoe. A few slight design differences. I had probably 10 pairs of the previous version. This slightly different model is no different. I will buy these each time I need new sneakers.

Interestingly enough, once these have been worn out at the gym and don't look nice enough to wear with decent clothes, I started using them for yard work type stuff. They are surprisingly durable under tough conditions. They hold up well enough that I feel guilty throwing them away. They look awful but are still very functional so I now have a bunch of them in the garage that my wife and I argue about throwing out.

And I am size 15 so shoe shopping is always a nightmare. These have solved that
on July 29, 2016
I'm a woman, I find that there's not that much difference w/ fit. But when it comes to color, guys seem to always have the better colors, which is weird. I used to buy NB's ~8-10yrs ago b/c they were so supportive, but over time, I decided to try other running shoes. And going back to this suede like material is very uncomfortable & heavy. I forgot how heavy these shoes can get after 2 miles, esp in humid weather. I live in Hawaii, so I think 990's are great for cool weather, but summer, nope! I prefer my Asics, Saucony &/or Hoka's, which are lighter shoes. I mostly use this style for working & weights, that's it.
on July 24, 2014
I've had these shoes for around 2 1/2 months now. I was very pleased with the shoes at first. They are comfortable, and there was almost no break-in time. However they have started falling apart. I'm extremely disappointed in New Balance because I shelled out a little extra for a pair of "Made in USA" shoes. I was hoping that I would get a quality product, and in turn feel good about supporting american jobs. I was also looking to keep my money from funding the sweatshops many companies rely on for their products. My expectations were not met.

I was wearing these shoes daily, however the sole has started separating from the shoe. It now catches occasionally when walking. I did not use these shoes in an extreme fashion. I am a service writer at a dealership and in a normal workday I might walk around a total of a mile or mile and a half. They are not used as a running shoe. There is no reason these shoes should have failed this soon.

I previously had a pair of New Balance shoes (Not this style, but a cheaper one made in Taiwann or China, I can't remember for sure) that lasted nearly two years! What's wrong with this picture? I'm very sorry to say that I don't think I'll be purchasing another pair of New Balance shoes. I love the idea of american made shoes, but if the quality must suffer, it's not worth it to me.
on October 11, 2015
These are undoubtedly good running shoes for folks with normal feet. I have been buying the NB 926 series for a long time because I have badly supinated feet which I must correct with a foot brace and orthotics. The 926 series shoes are substantial, but heavy. Based on reviews of walking shoes I thought these M990TB3s would be lighter and would serve my needs. The M990TB3 shoes simply do not have the structural integrity that works for me. Within a few weeks they were badly broken down, and became unwearable for me. I don't fault NB, but people with need for more structural support should know that these shoes will not provide it. I have gone back to the 926s. They also break down over time, but they last longer than these shoes.
on June 5, 2013
My shoe size is 10.5 2E. I have previously used New Balance Men's MX608V1 Cross-Training Shoe same size and was very pleased with it. I bought New Balance Men's M990 Heritage Running Shoe for lightness. It is lighter but proved to be much tighter to wear and walk around. I am using it as a slip on shoe by loosening the lace. It is also much harder to my feet than I had anticipated.

The shoe never broke in. The tongue constantly moves sideways. It is very tight in the front section. I regret buying this shoe.
on September 7, 2015
REVISED REVISION: To its great credit, Amazon has agreed to take the shoes back and issue a full refund, even though I'm well past the return date. Hey, New Balance, bring back the 992s!

REVISED REVIEW: After wearing this for a couple of months, I've concluded it's not at all a worthy successor to the 992s I'd worn for many years. Even though I bought it in the same size as the 992s, it doesn't fit as well. In fact, it caused me so much pain (at the toe and along the arch) I went to a doctor, assuming it was my foot. But then I switched back to the 992s, and the pain went away.

Would return if I weren't outside Amazon's return window for these shoes.

New Balance, please bring back the 992s.
on August 19, 2015
I wore this model for a year and loved them. I finally said it was was time to purchase a new pair. I could have gone to the NB store down the street, but with a busy schedule and limited time. I ordered from Amazon. Shipping from Amazon was great, just as normal. I have no complaints with Amazon. I do however have an issue with New Balance. The Quality Control seems to be a little lacking on this pair. Something is not correct with the construction of the left shoe. I purchased these shoes back in June. I understand that I can not return them, they are shoes, once you wear them they are yours.What was strange was when I first put the shoes on and walked around the house I felt as if I had just come home from a long trip. I was happy to be at home again in a pair of 990's. I only wore them for a couple weeks and started to get a pain in my heel and arch. It felt as if something was in my shoe, like a high point in the middle of the heel and a second high point in close to the arch. This caused me to put more weight on the ball of my foot and in turned caused pain in the calf. I had to do something. I knew I was stuck with the shoes after wearing them for a couple days. I bought a pair of forty-five dollar NB in-certs. The in-certs seemed to help, but that too faded. An thus is why I am writing this review as I sit at my desk with my shoes off for some relief of the pain. I have now noticed that the sole is coming apart on from the left shoe. The sole coming apart after only a few weeks of usage. The soles on my 1.5 year 990's have not come apart. The old 990's sole is almost worn through, but never separated. I really feel that the day my shoes hit the Quality Control something happened and the person must have been distracted to let this left shoe off the line. I am just shocked how badly the left shoe feels. I will gladly pay for that MADE IN THE USA badge, but it really hurts when I am let down.Hurts my foot more than my wallet. I don't know if I will have much faith in NB for the next pair of shoes, which will have to be soon, since my soles on the original pair of 990's are almost worn through. Just an FYI, wear this model around the house for a couple days. Make sure there is not something wrong with either shoe.
on October 18, 2015
Purchased June 8 for $150; it is now October 18 and the right-hand shoe sole has worn down to give no support. I now have a big blister on the center bottom of my right foot. I ran perhaps 2-3 times a week 1-2 miles in them, and could no longer run on them today. They still look like new but the problem for me is the breakdown of the right-hand sole support. I have used New Balance 99X series for many years and until this model, they all held up very well with great support. Reversion to the mean is expected as those old shoes were fantastic - but these shoes are so bad that they bring the whole average of all the shoes below the mean. Now I need to go out and buy something else.
on May 31, 2015
I wasn't impressed with the feel of these shoes. They are comfortable, but I expected to feel more padding under my feet, and more support higher up as well. These shoes were comfortable for a week or so, as I inter-changed them with a new pair from another maker. I've had comfortable NB shoes before and used to run near-marathon distances in them, but these didn't do it for me. I got a half size larger than usual and wore extra padding with smart-wool socks but these were still uncomfortable for me.
on December 8, 2016
I have worn 990gl's for several years. Because of an especially good price, I purchased 3 pair; if you have narrow feet, your options in running shoes are limited. Compared to my 990's at home, these shoes seemed somewhat small, but they will do. Wearing lighter weight socks while breaking them in should work. A word of caution about cleaning them, shrinkage is a problem. I mix basic ammonia with clear water on an old wash rag and wipe them down; it works pretty good. As 990's age there is a tendency for the sides of the soles to split apart; this was never an issue with earlier versions of this model.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.