Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on February 21, 2013
OK, just so you know I have owned just about every cutting edge android phone out there. Last iPhone used was the 4S. The last Android one was the Samsung Galaxy S3. The problem with all of these high end do everything gadgets is that the battery life sucks. The iPhone wasn't bad, its a work phone and battery gets me through day but I have to charge it after 7-8 hours.

While the Admiral is an older design and runs an older version of Android, this phone works well beyond my expectations. It handles all of the basics well, email, text, photo's/video, downloads, social media, etc. Oh yeah, as a phone the sound quality and strength of calls is great. With my S3 I would lose audio on voice calls depending on where I was in my house. With the Admiral I have a strong signal throughout and very clear conversations.

Also, according to other reviews which say this phone has terrible battery life, I have to strongly disagree. I take my phone off the charger first thing in the morning. I don't need to recharge for a few days-literally. And I am a heavy phone user. If I take my phone off the charger Monday morning at 7am, I will have juice until around 9pm on Wednesday when my battery life is down to around 18% (still not dead just low). I love this about this phone.

Bad sides about this phone. 1. When you turn on you have to allow 10 minutes or so for phone to fully load software. Really slow but necessary as if you try to start using phone before everything has loaded you will have the phone freeze until it gets done loading its software. 2. Because you are running an older version of Android operating system there are certain apps which will not be available to you as they require a new version of the Android OS. Not a huge deal but there are certain apps, like SWYPE, which are not available for the Admiral.

Other than what is listed above, this has been the best phone I have owned. I was going to originally use this phone until my contract was up and I could get a new model phone (iphone or android). That has changed. I am off of the new cell phone merry go round. I will stick with the Admiral until it dies or I kill it but this has been the best cell phone and biggest surprise I have had since owning cell phones.
on April 22, 2014
My son broke his first one by sitting on it and then proceeded to drop it (he's a clutz). He loves this phone so I replaced it with the same one. He's had it a while and knock on wood, it's still in perfect condition
on October 3, 2013
The phone did not work. I had to take it to a cell phone repair where they had to order parts and solder them....60$ later (3x what I bought it for) it works.
on June 22, 2014
Bought this for my dad it's easy to use and still has buttons as well as a touch screen it was a great purchase no complaints at all
on November 5, 2013
In general I love the phone, it was simple but still had all of what I needed. But the phone stopping working bout 2 weeks after I got it, so I was disappointed ..
on September 23, 2013
It is everything i hoped for and more. Great two way direct connect and the android app are amazing too.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.