Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 30, 2012
I previously had the Galaxy S2 and I did a lot of research before buying this phone. I've had it for about 4 days now and so far I absolutely love it. It's snappy and the battery life is better than it was with my GS2. Also, I find that ICS 4.x runs much better on this phone, which makes since considering the Nexus was made for ICS.

Pros:

-Gorgeous display, very vibrant colors
-Good battery life
-Easy to root (which you should do if you wanna get the most out of your phone)
-Large screen size
-Easy to use

Cons:

-Stock launcher leaves something to be desired. I recommend rooting and using Nova launcher
-LTE not available in all markets
-No gorilla glass

I give the phone a 9/10 rating. I would recommend it to anyone.
on February 17, 2012
I am a phone whore and usually get a new phone at least once a year. Before this phone I had a Motorola Droid2 and about 3 months after I got the phone I had major problems. So I started looking in to new phones. The two phones I was scoping out was the new iPhone 4s and the Galaxy Nexus. I really wanted a keyboard but neither of these phones had a keyboard. I was leaning more towards the iPhone because everyone has one and the accessories for the phone are so cute! But after realizing I'm losing a keyboard there was no competition to the screen size between the two. The Samsung Nexus beats the iPhone hands down! Bigger screen size, same clarity (if not better) photos, gorgeous videos, fast, easier to use touchscreen with the perfect letter sizes to text. I am very happy with this phone and I have made a few of my iPhone friends very jealous.
on January 26, 2012
I absolutely love this phone. Like many people, I made the huge leap up from the original Droid when my contract came up. I love the huge, beautiful screen especially when I'm watching video. I'm a little disappointed about how the 4G will drain the battery, but that's easy enough to fix.

A word of advice: don't be afraid to root it! Verizon thinks that you shouldn't have Google Wallet so that they can lock you into their service later, but you can root the phone in under 5 minutes and then install it yourself. Totally worth it and works beautifully! I love using it and can't wait until it's everywhere. It's one of those silly moments where you feel like you're living the future if you can wave your phone over a little box and buy yourself a sub.
on February 29, 2012
I knew I was ready for a smartphone experience and I wanted the best...and I got more than I bargained for. The screen makes everything come alive...the camera is fantastic! I was concerned about it only being 5 MP but I assure you the pictures are fabulous...thank goodness for the flash. The screen is so big. I am still tweeking settings so as to save my battery life! I considered buying the extended battery but did not want the bulky back cover. I bought a desk top charger with a regular battery...this way the look of the phone will stay the same...nice and thin...but yet I pretty much doubled the battery life and got a stand for my phone/alarm clock! lol
on July 25, 2012
I read all of the reviews of this phone before I bought it. There were quite a few reviews noting signal problems and software malfunctions but I was willing to take the chance because it is only a penny. I have had this phone for a while and I have not had any problems whatsoever. The pure android experience without any skins is really different and I really like it. If you have a good Verizon signal in your area get this phone.
on June 23, 2012
The 4G connection rarely works and it gets very hot when running on LTE/CDMA. I am constantly in CDMA only mode. Speaker is dreadful and I cannot do business calls over it. Even for 3G, the signal strength is very poor and call quality is pretty bad.

Other than calling functions, the rest is very good but I really do need to have solid calling on my phone as I do not have a landline. This product should have never been released.
on December 18, 2011
I am not going to say very much about the Galaxy Nexus itself, actually.
There is no dearth of reviews for this phone on the Web.

In short (based on my previous three hours with it), this phone is very very nice.

In my opinion, Ice Cream Sandwich is beautiful. They've really done a good job here. It will take me a couple of days to re-train myself in regards to a handful of operations, though I am familiar with many of the UI tweaks from using my Motorola Xoom running Honeycomb.

My main reason for writing is to chime in that I too was able to get my local Best Buy to price-match Amazon Wireless' price ($200 for upgrade). This seems to be the way to go at the moment. This morning, Amazon Wireless said the GN ships in 8 to 9 days. Now it says 1 to 2 months! Holy cow!
on June 6, 2012
I don't usually write product reviews but felt like I should bout this phone...I've had it for over a week and had no problems which is a relief after a nightmare of problems with two droid razrs....amazon wireless is awesome bout trying to fix any issues even overnighting this phone out to me for free....I've had no real signal issues and have just received a software update which dramatically boosted the 4g signal and speed....all around a fast good phone without all the carrier bloatware......can't recommend the razr as it was always dropping signal getting stuck between 3g and 4g and wouldn't connect to WiFi.....if you want a fast phone with a beautiful big display get this one
on February 9, 2012
I got this phone at my local verizon store on launch day. I use my cell phone a lot throughout the day and have never been more satisfied with any phone. The phone is incredibly quick, providing a refreshing twist to android's sluggish performance. It is slim as can be, and fairly light as well. This phone doesnt overheat and doesnt die in 5 hrs of use like the Htc thunderbolt. Screen quality is amazing and I could never go back to a lower resolution. The call quality is crystal clear, my only gripe is the speakerphone is really quiet and is easily muffled. I would reccomend this to anyone looking for a great android phone.
on December 20, 2011
Just got this phone yesterday, it took me a while to choose between this phone and the razr, I am confident that I made the right choice with this phone. Comming from a tmobile galaxy s this is a huge upgrade. This phone is so fast.

Pros:
Screen is amazing, big, bright, beautiful.
Speed, way faster than my old phone.
ICS
Virtual keyboard is perfect. (using it now)
Camera is great.
Verizon matched amazon price.
It just looks good.

Cons:
Battery (i even upgraded to the 2100), but i knew this would have crapy battery life going in to it so no surprise there.
No SD card option

Overall fantastic phone, I would do it again.