Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Now Deal of the Day

on February 22, 2012
I got the phone yesterday and I am fairly impressed so far. Within a few minutes of unboxing I had it hooked to the computer for the root process. I am unimpressed with the current root process. It took about an hour and a half and was semi labor intensive. For those of you who root your phones do not attempt to flash an ICS ROM yet if this is going to be your daily phone. They are not ready to be stable daily ROMs yet.

Battery Life:
I lose about 10% an hour of normal use. This means it should last about ten hours. I definitely recommend getting extra batteries and an external battery charger available on amazon for about 25$ for two batteries and charger.

Screen: Brilliant...it is responsive, bright, and clear.

4G is ridiculously fast. It is currently running faster than my Verizon Fios Wifi!!

Will update review once I have had it longer.
on February 10, 2012
The speed, The screen, The reception are all amazing. The pinch to zoom is outstanding. The best phone on Verizon today. Perfect fit in my hands and get nothing but aww when anyone sees the photos or videos. The battery life is not a problem whatsoever. I just turn of my mobile signal off and I can go for days. My only issue are the very small power and volume buttons but I've gotten used to it.
on January 26, 2012
I have been playing with this phone for over 2 weeks and I have to say that I like. It has its flaws, which I'll point in a bit, but has all the things I like it. And specially with the price drop Amazon is offering, this phone is a great choice for those wanting to do common things on a smartphone like surfing the web, reading news and running occasional games.
Here are the good things I found:
- Screen size: I had to adjust to the size of the phone, because my previous one had a 3" screen. After a few days, I see the benefit and comfort of browsing the web on a 4.3" screen. A little big to put on the pants' pocket, but I'm getting used to it. Perhaps a 4" would be better...
- Processing power: Apps run fluidly and websites open quite fast. It's quite responsive to touch, with the main screen and web pages moving well, although it still does not have the responsiveness seen on an Iphone!
- Battery: Yes, battery, the stock battery. Just checking now, and after 11Hrs on battery, it still has 68% left. No, I don't surf all the time, but I do check websites, read news and make the regular calls and send emails/txts. I turn on Bluetooth occasionally and always enable 4G. I don't turn on GPS, I disable roaming, put the screen light to medium, disable a lot of running services I don't use and things like that to optimize battery life.
- Screen resolution: With that amount of pixels, you can get a lot of content in one full screen!
- Sound: It's good. I haven't done too much music listening though. About the Dr. Dre Beats headphones? I don't care.
- Camera: It's good and somewhat responsive. Not quite zero lag. Good resolution and ok quality.

And here are things I wasn't too satisfied about:
- Booting time: Damn it takes a long time to boot (~5 mins, yes that's too long for a phone)! Although I haven't seen a need to reboot it too often.
- Auto reboot: Today it rebooted on me for the first time. Not sure what happened (thermal runaway, software glitch...?)
- Android: Not really this phone's fault, but since I can't do anything with it without the OS, I'm writing my stint on it. Gingerbread is still not a very stable platform and lacks better memory management. I have to constantly force apps to close from the Task Manager. It's not a true multitasking OS. Some apps lose their state when I open another app and switch back to the them. Again, it's not HTC's fault but I can't wait to install ICS.

Overall, the plus'es beat the minus'es and I like this phone. With a price drop from $299 to $79 on Amazon, that's an amazing choice for a smartphone.
on January 9, 2012
I've had the Rezound for 2 weeks now and really like it. Before Christmas, I was trying to decide between the Motorola Razr and the HTC Rezound. I was having a difficult time deciding as the two phones were similarly priced. Well, when the Rezound dropped to $149.00 (for an upgrade for an individual account), that made my decision for me. So, here is my "two cents" on what I think of the phone:

Bloatware- the amount of bloatware on this phone is appalling. I'm not sure whose fault it is, Verizon?, HTC? or both? but with the amount of bloatware this phone has and all the money someone is getting from these vendors, the phone should be FREE! The worst part is that you can't delete it even if you want to. I can't wait until the phone is completely rootable so I can delete it for good. This is my biggest complaint about the phone.

Phone Call Quality- reception and voice quality is good on my end. I'm not sure how good my voice is or isn't on the other end.

Screen- despite the HD 720p resolution, the screen is not up to par with the Super AMOLED screens which have better contrast ratios and brightness. Blacks are really more of a "dark gray." That being said however, the screen still isn't bad. Netflix movies look great on it. To be honest the screen only looks sub par when it's held right next to a Super AMOLED screen.

Size- the phone fits very comfortably in my hand and in my pocket. The back is slightly curved. The corners are rounded. It has some heft to it. So yes, while the Rezound is thicker and heavier than the Razr, in my humble opinion, the Razr is too thin, too light, and just too big overall. I found the Razr to be uncomfortable and awkward to hold. In reality, the Rezound isn't that thick, it just seems like it is in comparison to the Razr.

Battery- any 4G phone you get where you keep the Bluetooth, GPS, Wireless, e-mail push, and auto-sync on with brightness at max all the time is going to have deplorable battery life. The name of the game is Power Management now, and with all the widgets that HTC Sense has, these operations are very easy to manage. With moderate call and internet usage, I find my battery will last a solid day. However, if I'm going to stream a movie through Netflix and watch it at maximum brightness, I'll be lucky if I can get through the whole movie. The other thing the Rezound has over the Razr is that it has a removable/replacable battery. Now, don't get me wrong, while the battery technically is removable, it is not an easy or convenient task to accomplish. It's not like a battery cover just slides off and you can swap out batteries just like that. Instead, the whole back cover of the phone has to come off. Once off, the back cover does seem a little fragile. Even though taking the back cover off may not be that easy, at least you have the ability. If necessary, you can swap out batteries or install an extended run battery if you want to. True, an extended run battery is thicker and heavier and it does add size and weight to the phone, at least it is an option. There is no option for the Razr.

Sound- I enjoy listening to music, and while "Dr. Dre's Beats Headphones" are probably not the first choice of headphones I would buy, they certainly are not that bad. It's nice to finally have a decent accessory included with a phone. The nice thing is they have a built-in mic too for calls.

HTC Sense- It's one of those things that you like or you don't. I came from an Original Moto Droid that I had running Launcher Pro. Launcher Pro is similar in a lot of ways so I found the transition over very easy.

Camera- Fantastic! It takes great shots with lots of options and effects. This is the first phone camera I've seen that rivals the iPhone.

Processor- the phone is quick. Boot-up time is fast and I find very little lag. Although Verizon's 4G LTE network really has nothing to do with the phone itself, the two together make for one great combination.

Overall, I am very happy with my HTC Rezound. Even though it is loaded with bloatware, I think I definitely got a bigger bang for my buck with the Rezound when compared to the Razr.
on December 29, 2011
First, I am a very particular about my phone, so I shopped around for quite some time. I finally decided to try the HTC Rezound and I am more than pleased! This phone does everything that I want a phone to do.....and more. The speed of the phone and the 4G LTE on Verizon is amazing! It is so fast that I cancelled my slow T-Mobile Internet and I now use my Rezound as a hotspot for my entire home! Amazon Wireless was also very helpful with my purchase. If you are thinking about a Rezound, buy it, you won't be sorry!
on December 10, 2011
This is the BEST phone I have ever had, i truly mean it - VERY smooth processing, very fast start up, great surfing, great call clarity - BUT, the battery that came with it, onyl last about 8 hours with pretty heavy use. So, I went ahead and got the extended battery, it makes a huge difference, I get about 14 to 17 hours now with the same amount of usage.. One thing, this battery and cover DOES make the phone bigger, BUT, for me at least, that is what makes me give this a A+ rating, it is MUCH mroe comfortbale now to talk, to type, and mainly, to play games - With normal battery, phone was a bit too thin, and I accidentally hit buttons I didnt want to when typing or gaming, again, If you are thinking of this or the hyped out Razr, do yourself a favor and GET THIS PHONE, hands down, the best, I mean BEST phone you can buy!

Pros - Everything except battery - Do yourself a favor and get the bigger battery, it last double the time and has a better feel all the way around.

Cons - The battery that comes with the phone - hard to type and to game, as well, it onyl lasted 8 to 10 hours on a good day!

A++++
on December 10, 2011
I recently upgraded from the HTC Eris to the HTC Rezound and have been quite pleased so far.

I've been a fan of HTC after having dropped my Eris onto concrete or asphalt from chest height on multiple occasions (yes, I'm prone to dropping things). My Eris has some interesting scratches and gouges along the corners but this has never affected the performance; HTC phones are built well.

The best HTC tumble to date has got to be the most recent: an HTC Thunderbolt belonging to my wife that hopped down half a flight of uncarpeted stairs into 2" of water while on hold with my homeowner's insurance agent.
Mercifully, the rear door and battery sprung out during the tumble before landing in the drink, but after drying out on top the Keurig for a couple hours, the battery was placed back in and she started right up. My wife says this is why we can't have nice things but I think I just need a lanyard or something.

Granted, my experience with phones is rather limited but I'm a rather picky person (so I've been told). This phone has lived up to every demand I've made of it other than battery life.
From a full charge, my Rezound will last to about the end of a 10 hour workday with about 20% charge left. I typically check my email, fact-check BS from various co-workers on Google or play Words with Friends throughout the day, culminating in roughly 60-100 minutes.

I guess considering with the snappy 1.5Ghz dual-core processor, 720p 4.3" screen and 1GB RAM, this is not completely unreasonable. However, I have noticed I can extend run-time if I opt for WiFi when available. WiFi is actually easier on the battery than 3G (and especially 4G), so if your Rezound pesters you to run it when free access is abound, let it.

My only suggestion to anyone planning to use this phone for extended periods away from an outlet is to purchase a portable charger, such as those from New Trent.
My pocketable New Trent IMP99D cahrger (9,900 Mah) allows me to completely charge my Rezound 4 times before needing a recharge. Or for those who travel, this means at least 7 hours of NetFlix or HBO-go streaming video on 4G.

Though not the lightest or thinnest phone out there running 4G, the Rezound impresses me something fierce!
on December 9, 2011
I was a little worried at first because i loved my IPHONE on AT&T. I wanted a phone that had 4g speed and after reading all the good reviews i said to myself let me gives this a try. I am glad i did listen to the reviews. This phone and with the Verizon service is unbelievable. First off the Rezound is a sexy phone with everything you can imagine on it. I loved the fact that it came with the beats head phones. The screen is beautiful and very vibrant. The beats app is nothing special. My only cons are the android app store. i feel like the apple app store is far superior then the android app store. Other problem no itunes for obvious reasons. other than that i am sticking with this phone. It is an amazing quick phone.
on December 2, 2011
I bought this phone as an upgrade to my Droid X (over the Razr). The deciding factors for me were the size, screen and camera of the device . I actually prefer the slightly thicker (we are talking 0.5 an inch) and narrower device. The screens were not noticeably different but I found text to be more crisp on the Rezound. The cameras were both much snappier than my old X, but HTC has better embedded camera tools. I have camera 360 on my X and was assuming I would use it on the new phone but the HTC software is great. Also I was a bit concerned about the non-removable battery on the Razr -- one of my biggest gripes with Apple devices. I will say I miss some of the functions available on the Motorola and am still having to work my way around the new phone after a week of use (ex. no embedded battery indicator and strange voice dial).

The battery life is less on this device than the Droid X but not enough to matter to me. I charge overnight and usually during the day I will sync with my computer or plug into the car charger for about an hour -- I have never gotten below a 40% charge. Loving the 4G speeds and the ability to use the device easily with one hand.

I would definitely recommend this.
on September 5, 2012
I told my wife not to get it. We went through four incredibles last go around. They were not even factory refurbs, all four were brand new. She wanted it and the salesman told us there would be no problems with this one. It worked okay for about a month and a half. Still on 2.3 but then it started freezing, battery life went down, camera would stay stuck on, browsers of all kinds would just shut down. We went to the store and they recommended a factory reset and the upgrade to 4.0. So after all the fun of reinstalling all of the apps we had, minus the "bad ones" that work fine on my Razr Maxx, and then upgrading to 4.0 we are left with a device that is more buggy than before, uses battery life quicker thanks to the removal of the cdma only option. Called Verizon and they say we have to run it in safe mode for a few days to make sure it isn't an app problem. So much headache. Do yourself a favor and steer away HTC. You will be glad you did.