Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on September 29, 2014
So, I'm not commenting on the seller's service quality. It's got nothing to do with that. What it DOES have to do with is this phone.

Good. God.

I should preface this by saying that, yes, I know this is a moderately outdated phone, so, before you ask if I was running apps that were too much for it to handle, the answer is "No." My most complicated apps were Facebook and Youtube. No games (I tried once or twice, though not with anything like "My Singing Monsters" or "Giant Boulder of Death," and found that it was a rather pointless endeavor), no music, just the relative basics. Had I any inkling that this might cause the phone to turn into a hardwired nightmare, I would have just deleted everything from it and used it as a phone (In which case, I probably could have just saved my money and bought something completely basic). But even THEN, the phone couldn't get being a phone right. The screen regularly froze when someone was calling me, to the extent that I either couldn't tell if I had answered the call or the screen wouldn't even let me answer the call in the first place. No. Seriously. The PHONE would regularly not let me answer a PHONE CALL. Apps that I had only closed out a short period of time before would freeze or crash as soon as I brought them back up (Keep in mind, now. This includes one of the apps that is shown on the gee-dang picture of the phone). More than once, the phone reset its date/time to some sort of default for no discernible reason. The screen would completely freeze for (And I'm not kidding) up to five minutes at a time. I couldn't shut off or even lock the dang thing with the power button because there was no way to press the "Shut Down" screen option because the screen was frozen in place. I would have to take the battery out and restart the whole phone.

I had gotten this phone as an exercise in care after breaking my iPhone, and figured that the responsible thing to do get something not too expensive and work on taking good care of it before going back to something higher quality. And I took VERY good care of it. Hard case, screen protector, never once got it wet, only dropped it as much as any other phone (and even then, only when it had the hard case on). So, here's the kicker: after being a complete nightmare for the entirety of the time I had it, one day, it started saying it was charging when it wasn't plugged up, then it suddenly died, and, eventually, it stopped taking a charge, completely. Obviously, it was an electrical problem, and I figured I'd try and get a replacement battery, but this didn't solve the problem. The phone just wouldn't/couldn't direct the charge into the battery.

I know it probably seems like I must be exaggerating. I suppose I can only do so much to convince you that I'm telling the truth. And, in doing so, I hope that it saves at least someone from buying this handheld monstrosity.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2014
I purchased this for my husband as he likes to have the QWERTY keyboard and not just the touch screen. We have had the phone for a little over a month and have had no problems yet.
on June 21, 2014
Then it just bricked itself. Not sure if it was something I did, or if it is just an old model that craps out. Either way, it isn't working now, so I'm looking for a new one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2014
this phone was in good like new condition but it also had a BAD ESN which meant I could not put it on my cell phone service and am now having to return it.
on July 11, 2014
The phone is nice. The only thing is, I was able to take pictures at one point,
but now it's not allowing me.
on December 31, 2014
Exactly asw described in the description. Good product.
on October 14, 2014
Bought this for my mom and she loves it!
on August 26, 2014
love it! Great service as always at Amazon!
on September 2, 2014
battery died faster and gets over heat...
on September 6, 2014
They don't even make this anymore, so I had no way of turning it on.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.