Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 166 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 174 reviews
on October 18, 2015
I was really bummed that this shaper didn't work quite as I hoped. It worked great in the tummy section - stayed up, smoothed me out & was surprisingly comfortable. What I failed to consider was my thick thighs. The underwear look unfortunately completely cut into my thighs, giving me horrible sausage legs! Looks like I need one that goes down the thighs, too, and I'm really bummed because this was so comfy! I was looking for a smooth line and it worked for my waist but not my whole body. Returned.
review image
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2014
I wore this from 4pm to almost 2am (that's 10 hours!) to a dinner/party underneath a regular (not tight) cut maxi sheath dress. I was expecting it to be uncomfortable, but it wasn't at all! Sometimes I forgot I had it on. I felt a lot more confident although there was barely any difference when I looked in the mirror. It does make a too-small clingy but very lovely dress that my aunt gave me wearable, which is great.

This garment makes the biggest difference in the tummy (or paunch for many of us): from the front the difference is only apparent if you're wearing bodycon clothing, but looking from the side it is apparent. You won't suddenly have a waist, you need good steelboned corsets for those, but your stomach looks firmer and sticks out less, and tight clothing will slip on easier. The elastic band at the top is thicker than expected, thicker than a bra strap. This seam was invisible under my regular cut dress, and not particularly obvious under my clingy dress, but I imagine it would show up if you bent your body and pulled the cloth against you.

This didn't go as high on me as the picture suggested, and I had to tug to get it to line up right under my bra. Eventually it sags to about half an inch below. The front stayed up impressively well, although the back sagged a bit and was about 1.5 inches below the bottom of my bra strap by the end of the night, causing back fat. It could have been because I put the garment on after getting dressed, though. I think it would stay up well if you took the time to pull the back up properly. Overall, a good purchase for the price.

Update after a year: I don't wear this very often, but it's still holding up great. The slippage problem is real though; even if you pull it up carefully before getting dressed it eventually sags down by a inch or two. Tape would probably do the trick.
on May 24, 2014
I ALMOST sent this one back...because I ordered a large, and when I received it, It looked too small to fit me. I know once I tried it on, it was mine! So, I asked for a size larger. My Friend came in and saw it..she says, Oh, that will Fit you!! It DID!! AND, it is MY FAVORITE GIRDLE!!! Great Hold, SO Easy to get on and off...a BIG PLUS+++. and it's so Soft and comfortable....Now I'm not saying they Run Large!! Just order your Normal size, but it has a lot of stretch in it, and may appear to be smaller than it is. It was in my case!!! VERY NICE!!!!
on December 6, 2016
I did not like these. I am 4'11" and have a short torso. These just seem to fit me weird and was very uncomfortable. Where they hit on my back ends up making a bigger roll then I have already and being on the bigger side makes it hard to get to the snaps to go to the bathroom. The product was made nice and I have a Maidenform top that I love. These just didn't work for me.
on January 5, 2014
I just had twins and need to lose 20 more lbs to get to my pre-prego. I tried a few different brands including more expensive ones like Dr Reys and Spanx & these truly were the best AND they are so affordable. I can now fit into 1 size up jeans on my pre-prego which is thrilling 3 months after having twins! I would recommend this style over the boyshorts style as that tends to ride up and will bunch up under pants. Highly recommend!
on November 20, 2015
I'm sure it depends on your body type but even though this flattened my tummy, it created a ton of new issues. The seams on the front panel show right through the dress I was going to wear it under. Also, it made my behind and back look weird and created a visible panty line.
on October 13, 2016
I wanted to love this, but honestly, it's not all tgat great.
Pro: pretty firm control in lower tummy. Hook n eye for quick access in The crotch. Material is breathable. Cons: way too tight around the legs. Ladies, let's face it: if you buying this because you have a pouch, then you probably have legs not sticks, curves in your hips, and some junk in the trunk. The cut on this is just wrong. Sure , this did gently smooth out my lower tummy. But, it was short in the torso, making it cut into my crotch. Not comfortable. I have thongs more comfortable in tgat department. Also, because it's short in torso, it created a roll in my rib cage below my bust. And I'm not that heavy. 150 lbs. 34d bra and 30 waist. I'm thick yes, but I don't normally have back breasts and that's what this shapewear created. It also has panty lines when you wear a body con dress and cuts into your inner and outer thights. I've bought better from other brands.
on March 24, 2017
Wanted so badly for this to work out. Even tho I ordered the largest size available, it was still too small. (I got one size larger than what I normally wear.) I was able to get it on, but it was extremely tight, and did not come up high enough in the front or back. Will be returning.
on August 15, 2015
I'm a size 14 and ordered an XL. I wanted this to wear with backless dresses and spaghetti tops - avoiding the straps and backs of wear-your-own-bra shapewear. The briefs are actually quite comfortable, no pinching or rolling anywhere. The top band sits right under my bra without difficulty breathing. It smooths everything, but isn't quite as firm with the tummy as I wanted. I think I could have gone a size down and achieved the effect I'm after without the top band giving me trouble.

If you're just looking for something that will smooth the line of your clothes then order according to the chart. If you need something that fits more firmly, go a size down.
on April 5, 2017
I ordered the size that should work for me. The trouble is that while it shapes the front, the back pushed everything up and out.
I returned it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.