BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on December 4, 2016
I did my research. I knew that breaking these dudes in was going to be a world of pain. I bought thick wool socks and bandaids, and when they arrived I immediately got to it.

Make no mistake friends, acquainting your feet to these hurts so much. I only wore them to my short shifts (I'm a barista, I'm on my feet a bunch). My dogs were barking like mad by the time I got home, and it seemed like every time I put them on I got a new blister.

But after four total shifts (maybe 16-20 hours overall of wear), it happened. I could wear them and not only would my feet not be screaming balls of excruciating blisters and pus, my feet didn't even ache!

I have fragile little baby feet that typically require insoles with incredible arch support, and I even bought some boot insoles in preparation. But honestly, I didn't even need them.

It's been over a month since I broke these boots in, but I got to say that it was worth it. These Docs are so comfortable that I forget I'm even wearing them sometimes. Plus they're pretty slip-resistant and they don't track, which is notable in my line of work.

These are my new favorite boots and I'm hoping they last me a nice long while, because I'm in no hurry to break in a new pair!
on November 25, 2014
I am size 6 (US), got a pair of 1460 (uni-sex) and a pair of 1460w (women) both in size 4 (UK), lengthwise they are true to size, width is ok too. I'll give 5 stars to 1460 but 4 stars to 1460w, because the first one is more comfortable.
As you can see from the photo, 1460 (the navy one) is flatter, 1460w (the red one) tilts up, which makes less room for the feet. My feet are little wide but can't say they are thick, I feel pressed in 1460w. 1460 is absolutely more comfortable.
1460 (uni-sex) sounds rougher while 1460w more girly, the wired thing is that the front of 1460w is wider than 1460! Not the room for the feet, but the sole. If you wear bigger shoes, you'll not notice much. Size 6 (US) with wider sole looks odd.
The only good thing about 1460w is that even you don't tie the lace well the shoes fit tight, since there's not much room for movement. While 1460 you need to tie well.
review image review image
66 comments| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2017
As my first pair, I was unsure of sizing. I can wear between a 7-9 depending on style and brand of boot. I had to do an exchange, as these ended up fitting best with an 8, but if half sizes would have been available, that probably would have been most ideal. Many reviews mentioned tightness until broken in, but this wasn't my situation. They were so comfy even the first time I wore them. Hope they don't stretch too much, but now that I know my size, I want them in every color. They're awesome!
on December 1, 2015
I love it! It fits perfectly if i'm not wearing socks, so since there is no half size this will be just fine. i just have to wear a thin socks for this.
review image review image
on October 15, 2017
Such a good quality! I was waiting for a month because i'm russian, so, dear seller, sorry for my delay with a feedback! Now about boots: Amazing! I've had a bad, bad experience with a Martens, my last pare of boots (was bought in Russia) was a fake. So i have been using them for a 2 years (not bad).
But now i can see a total difference. Different package, different leather, different smell! Leather is really quality. I can see a water repellent on leather, good shoelaces, good flexible sole with not too hard rubber. It's important, i've seen a check (control) sticker.
So, i used them for 4 days (And in Russia now a REALLY BAD weather, guys) and i'm absolutely happy.
I needed a not too much - pare of fine boots and i got it. If you have any doubts - stop it :) Take it and don't be afraid! Delievery to a pick-up-point was very fast and safety too.The. i've had to wait a month for a delievery to Russia but it was another company specialized in delievery to Russia.
And i forgot! Size chart was accurate, it fits so good.
Thank you, seller!
(And for all who read it: Sorry for my bad english ^^)
review image
on November 21, 2014
I have owned at least 7 pairs of docs in my life. Four pairs of boots and three pairs of shoes NONE of them were so hard to break in as these. They are all the same size. I am in Australia so sending them back is difficult I took them to a shoe repair shop to have them stretched and it helped some. The right boot fits well, the left is tight and has a ridge on one of the seems. I have taken to wearing them 30 minutes at a time to try to break them in and have a leather dressing on them to help the process. I hope they come good. At this point I'm hoping I didn't waste my money.
on July 28, 2015
I LOVE these boots. I got the green pair in size UK 8 / US 10. I'm normally a US 11, but I have narrow feet. I'm truly a 10.5 but those don't actually exist. These are excellent quality. The seller I purchased from was actually Amazon (listed as sold by and fulfilled by), and I recommend that as these are authentic and pretty great deal. Of course, you should google how to break them in. Please don't get them wet to break them in or do anything else crazy. Just wear thick socks and start with a little wear time at first, then increasing. They are gorgeous and very versatile. A nice subtle green that is going to add a pop to every outfit!
on December 4, 2014
I love Dr. Marten boots/shoes...you name it. I have multiple pairs of boots and wanted something absolutely pink...and here it is. The color is wonderful and I get comments/compliments on them all the time. The only think I had to get used to was the height of the boot. All of my other Dr. Marten boots are taller than this boot, so the heights took some getting used to. I guess it's because of the patent leather that this boot was the only Dr. Marten I've ever had that had to be 'broken in'. All other pairs I have were a softer leather that felt broken in the first time I put them on. This one is stiffer and certain activities, walking up or down stairs, driving, would cause the back of my lower calf to collide with the edge of the boot..a sensation I had not dealt with before with any other pair I own. I didn't really even notice it much until the next day when I realized the back of my leg was sore and actually slightly bruised. But that didn't stop me....I wore them again and they felt fine. I think I wore them about 3 whole days before they started to feel like they were working with me, not against me. Now I want more in other colors. These boots are just so sweet! They go with just about everything. I wear a US size 6 which means a women's size 4 in Dr. Martens. The size on these boots was the same but slightly more snug, probably because of the stiffness of the leather. I imagine they will work themselves to loosen up as I wear them. This did not cause me a problem, I can still wear them and they fit fine, I just wear a slightly thinner sock, but the size is still true for me.
on August 26, 2015
I was a bit skeptical about purchasing these because they were at such a great price and I had read other reviews but to my surprise they came in the original box with extra laces and everything. They are brand new without any defects. Some reviews say that they aren't stamped which is true but these type are the originals and they're stamped. I am a 6.5 and I got a UK 4 and they're a bit tight but once I break into them they will fit perfectly. I love them and I am so happy I purchased them
on May 24, 2016
My first pair of Doc's and I'm pretty disappointed. They fit about a half size too long, but they are somewhat narrow themselves. I guess you have to break them in or something because they also feel like the hardest, worst thing I've ever put on my feet. Not what I expected for name brand, expensive boots. They even irritate my ankles around the top. The boot in the photo looks much shinier than what came out of the box as well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.