Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 9, 2012
Phenomenal battery life. Very thin considering it's battery sets the standard for all others. Build quality is excellent with Gorilla glass, aluminum, and kevlar. Feels much more solid than any other phone including the iPhone which is small and weighs more than it seems it should. Call quality is very good and I've found the GPS locates quickly. Processor speed is snappy and playing video, browsing, games and general usage are good. I have no problem with the screen, it's not the most pixel dense, but the colors are perfect and it's very sharp. There comes a point when a screen below about 5" is sharp enough to not notice pixels and I would assume a super high resolution screen would affect battery life also. I generally leave GPS and Bluetooth on when out of work and even after moderate to heavy use this phone leaves me with 30 to 40% battery left at the end of the day. I absolutely cant stress enough the relief of not having to worry about charging this phone until an honest 2 days of use. I've gone 3 days of light to moderate use before charging. No other phones even interest me without this kind of power. I'm glad Motorola USA is making the best phone available. With Google's purchase of Motorola things should even get better. ICS please.
on March 20, 2012
I'm a big fan of this phone - I upgraded from a Verizon Palm Pre Plus, and man is this phone better.

Things I love:
- Super fast internet
- Google Maps navigation (I'll never be lost again!)
- Hot spot/tethering capabilities (lasts for a long time and doesn't drain the battery nearly as much as my old phone's hot spot did. The internet is really fast on your computer when you use it, too)
- Super slim phone - it has a large screen, but it doesn't seem big since it's so thin. And I like the large screen - easier to do stuff!
- Great apps - so nice to finally be welcomed into the world of apps - my old phone had basically none. I'm loving Words with Friends and being able to take a picture of my checks and deposit it with my bank, etc.
- Customizable main screens - you can move around the icons and change the background, etc.
- Pretty intuitive set up, and I love the touch screen
- Good camera - not as good as a real camera, but good for a phone. And I love that there are cool filters you can add, and that it's super easy to upload photos to Facebook or Twitter (on my old phone, I couldn't upload to Fbook, and Twitter usually froze when I tried to upload photos!)
- Easy to hear people talking during phone calls - great quality and it's louder than my old phone, which is nice.
- The ability to download documents from email or websites is REALLY useful (again, couldn't do this on my old phone)
- The screen is pretty :)

The only thing really that has taken some getting used to is the onscreen keyboard (my old phone had a pullout keyboard) - it takes me awhile to type and I make a lot of errors, but I know I just need to get used to it. I remember being really slow on my old phone at first, too! I also don't like that the phone comes preloaded with some random apps that I don't want, but not a big deal.

Would definitely recommend this phone!

---

Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Ambassadors' Program and have been provided with a wireless device and three months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product. I was NOT paid to say I like the phone - just to give it a try and share my thoughts. Clearly, I love it!
on November 6, 2012
I bought this phone when it first came out from amazon. I was looking for a good phone that would last longer than a couple of hours of use. I looked at a lot of side by side videos of the maxx against a lot of different phones and was happy with the out come. I ordered the phone and it came within 2 days. I was very happy with the phones looks and the size and a that. I took the phone to verizon and had it set up. It took me a couple hours to get it all set up and how I like it. There was a couple of things I wasn't crazy about but you deal. I have had the phone for quite a while now and have not had any real issues with the phone. I know that when my daughter was playing a game for two hours and I had a case on the phone, it did get hot and froze. I did a hard reset and it has been fine after that. I still have the phone. I still LOVE it. I suggest to everyone I know that this is a great phone.
on May 28, 2012
Just finished the official OS update of ICS(Ice Cream Sandwich)for those not in the know.
The install went smoothly and so far I like it. There are plenty of in-depth reviews for those really interested.

I like my reviews short and sweet. So to the point, this phone is awesome. I upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy Fascinate and the setup couldn't have been easier. I charged the phone (70% delivered) and signed in to my google account and I'm basically done. Ok time for the key points.

1. Battery life is fantastic. Beats all other phones out there for now. Over 35-40+ hours between charges with 20% left.
2. Signal strength excellent. I'm able to text and make calls in areas of my house and office that I couldn't do before.
3. Still thin and looks good in OEM Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Shell Combo.
4. Smart Action really works to save battery power.
5. Screen doesn't disappoint but camera is nothing to write home about.
6. Actually the phone doesn't feel much bigger than my Galaxy.
7. 4G is faster than my home DSL. LOL

Well that's my short review. You will not be disappointed purchasing a Razr Maxx.
on July 17, 2012
The phone is fast and smooth. LTE speeds are decent, 3G seems a smidge slower then T-mobile. The GPS finds it's bearings much faster then my old Galaxy S did. The phone doesn't always transition from LTE to 3G towers as well as I would like. I occasionally lose my internet radio station when I drive from 3G area to LTE. Battery life is excellent for an LTE phone. I was worried whether I would miss having the ability to swap batteries, so far no. The phone lasted about 2 days on a charge. This is with light/moderate use. I don't use the phone much at work, just before and after. Make sure you have wifi enabled when you are home as this phone is capable of using tremendous amounts of data.

Not happy about paying for 2 days of service while phone was in shipment. I think I would rather buy local if price is the same in the future.

These are my initial impressions of the phone, the service and buying from Amazon.
on January 31, 2015
Where do I begin? Tons of obvious glitches due to lack of product testing and forethought. The keyboard has this strange glitch where it autocorrects when you hit the backspace, auto correcting the corrections, resulting in a long phrase of jibberish...
The interface is confusing and cumbersome, the hardware is flimsy and doesn't fit most hand sizes, the phone is slow and glitchy. The battery life is all over the place.
This is the product of lazy project managers, uninsightful designers , and executives who care nothing about quality of product, just release dates and bottom lines. This is why people still buy apple. Because at least you know what you're getting. Never again Motorola. I could build a better phone in my garage.
The only thing worth more than a dirty diaper on this garbage is the camera...hardly worth the price tag.
Im purposefully not using a case so it breaks and my work will get me a new iPhone.
on February 27, 2012
I have always been a big supporter of Google and so I have been using Android. However, I was always sorely disappointed with the hardware compared to the iPhone. I had a HTC Eris, which was complete crap. Then I got the Droid X, which was more functional but still lacking. Now I have the Razr Maxx and am incredibly satisfied with this phone.

Pros:
The response time and overall speed of the phone is phenomenal compared to my last Droid X. Having 4G LTE makes the world of difference, if you are buying a smartphone today make sure it has 4G. The battery is awesome, I get over 2 days of decent usage; no wifi, streaming music over spotify, about 1hr talk time a day, texting/gchat, reading the news, etc.). The camera (still and video) is amazing, it takes fast clear pictures every time, no need to bring a camera out with me anymore.

Extra pro, it uses a SIM card. So, you can call verizon to unlock the phone and then travel over seas with it! No more need for global phones because Verizon finally caught onto SIM cards.

Cons:
It's Motorola so the updates to latest version of Android will be slow. Not having ICS is a bit of a drag. Additionally, the Motorola software on the phone is really bad compared to the stock android. I had to use launcher pro and swift key. There is no way to access the stock image gallery, you have to use Motorola's which is not nice (once some reliable ICS roms come out, I'm just gonna root it).

Overall:
I bought this over the Galaxy Nexus because of the battery. I would recommend this phone to anyone looking to upgrade.
on August 15, 2013
This phone is a "PIECE" to put it plainly. I was pretty excited at first because It looks really great (Colorful screen, nice slender body structure)! But this thing is slowwwwwwwwwwww and extremely glitchy. I Don't drop my phone, download ANY music, and not that many pictures or APPS. It seems as if the 4G (Or great WiFi) struggles to even load a web page. Completely ridiculous. Im not a fan of iPhones AT ALL. But i'd pick an i5 or S4 over this phone any day. Save your money, go with the Note2, Galazy S1 or 3.
on August 4, 2012
This is by far the best phone i have ever bought. I love it. Battery life is great. Not 21 hours for me but i am an exstreamly heavy user. "Gamer" . It lasts 16 hours easy for me which is wonderful i love it. ICS is quick and responsive. Cant say enough good stuff about this phone. This phone has set a new standard for future. Smartphones to match or surpass. Signal is great never dropped a call. It doesn't Heat up like other phones I've Had. Its built strong. The only drawback. Of this phone. Is where they put the plug ins they're on top which i personally don't like. But if that's the price of having this wonderfully wonderful phone I'll pay it gladly. The onscreen keyboard is big enough to use easy and i have big fingers. So don't let no keyboard stop you from this great phone.
on July 23, 2012
The Droid Razr Maxx is not a safe product. It works fine for a couple of months then the battery starts overheating and ruins the phone. I have had two of these phones within the past 90 days. Stay away from this phone!

Also the voice recognition on this phone is very marginal. It tries to dial the wrong name a lot (name not even close to what you verbalize in to it). The Google Navigation has a great voice recognition system so I know it is not me.

The hot battery problem is the worst issue. It get so hot you cant hold it or have it in your pocket.

I owned the Droid X for two years and never had the overheating problem. Motorola has a lemon with this phone.