Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 18, 2012
I've had my razr maxx for a month and a half and the screen is cracked. This gorilla glass is NOT what they tout it to be. The phone has never been dropped and spends most of its time on a table hooked to a charger while I use blue tooth to connect to it. I picked it up to take a picture and noticed a crack straight down the screen. I called Verizon and they were no help at all. Seems, if there is any physical damage to the phone at all, the warranty is void. It didn't matter that I didn't cause the damage, it was damaged.

Motorola is no help at all, they have the exact same philosophy; it's all my fault regardless of the facts.

I have the insurance, so it will ONLY cost me a hundred bucks to get it replaced, if and when the insurance company actually gets stock of the devices. Seems there are a LOT of failures for this device. For a cell phone that they advertise as being so tough, all it takes is a smile from across the room to crack the gorilla glass screen.

While I was at the Verizon store talking to a clerk about this problem, he skylighted the glass screen and it cracked again in a different place. When you have one crack the integrity of the glass is totally shot, so you WILL get more of them as you use the phone. A quick search of the web turned up scores of other people that had the same problem.

It's a shame too. This device is fast, the battery lasts a couple of days, really pleasing display and works well in fringe areas. Could be a killer phone.

If the screen didn't break so darn easily.
on March 26, 2012
I've owned a number of smartphones, and the common complaint about them all is battery life. The Razor Maxx is the only exception I've found. I've had mine about a month now, and for the first three days I actually had trouble running the battery all the way down to fully charge it as recommended at first. It's now 9:30 pm, I've been using my Maxx moderately since 6 am, and it's still showing 2/3 charge. Other advantages: size, processor speed, and clarity of the display screen. I honestly can't think of a downside.
on April 3, 2012
Upgraded from Droid X. Obviously the draw here is the battery life. Lasts two solid days with normal use and corporate email syncing constantly. It is a striking piece of equipment, love the feel of it (although it is a bit slick). Thin enough to not notice it in the pocket although it is a very large phone. Navigating the phone is speedy with no lag whatsoever that I have seen.

Cons: Not thrilled about the placement of the ports on the top of the phone; makes it difficult/awkward to talk while the phone is charging. To charge it fully takes 3-4 hours in my experience, as would be expected with such an enormous battery.
on March 21, 2012
As of right now, I can easily say this is the best smart phone I have owned. Battery is as advertised, and you can go 2-3 days if you actually put effort into conserving battery life (use WIFI whenever possible, turn data off when its not needed, use Smart Actions app, etc). But you will easily get a full day with normal use, for almost any type of smartphone user. Does well on 4g and even better on 3g.

Voice quality is perfectly fine, phone is snappy and responsive, and Motorola's custom Android skin works fine. Phone feels nice, and I would recommend the Diztronic case for it (if you want a case), fits well and does not add much weight to the device.
on May 29, 2012
This phone is just simply amazing. The battery life is amazing. I have lost power at my house for 3 days and I was not conserving my battery at all. I was taking pics, texting, download, ect for three days straight and battery life just hit 50% on the morning of Day 3. Its really fast, has not locked up once. With 4G in my area surfing the web is amazing. This phone is just awesome. Good job Motorola!
on April 9, 2012
I love this phone. I love the battery life, I love how fast it is, I love how big the screen is. (Before this I had a 1st generation Droid; I was contemplating switching to an iPhone but luckily got the Razr Maxx a week after it came out.)

What prompted me to write this review is that yesterday I accidentally left my phone on the roof of my car and started driving. It fell off when I was going about 30 mph, on a very busy road. About an hour later I realized what I'd done, circled back, and found the phone on the side of the road. IT STILL WORKS PERFECTLY. The screen is flawless. There are some scratches on the back and the camera lens is cracked -- but the cracks don't show up in pictures, the camera works, everything works. And I didn't even have a case for it.

Thank you, Motorola. I will never stop singing the praises of this phone. (Verizon is another story, but the phone itself was worth the substantial amount of money I paid for it.)
on March 10, 2012
Finally a long lasting battery in a 4G phone! The phone is great by it self, awesome picture and it has a silky smooth operation. I've had this for about a month now and its just incredible. I was on a recent business trip where I had the phone on for over 10 hours with very heavy use including video, surfing, telephone calls, blue tooth, listening to music on the plane etc, and I got a kick out of watching so many people in the airports charging their phones. When I finally got home I had 50% battery life without ever touching a charger. It's hard to believe it took so long for someone to make this, and what's even harder to believe is nobody else has even come close to this battery life since it was released. Great Job Motrola!
on July 17, 2015
I've had the phone for a week now already heading to return it the first thing that happened was it was just static in earphone then the next day I can receive a call and here the other people on the other end but they could not hear me the second thing when you go to plug plug it in the charger that was sent did not want to go into slot I had a Droid Razr before this one I'm very disappointed in it however I did find a droid turbo this out of its World I do recommend the Droid turbo
on October 1, 2012
Like any new phone with a new OS, there's a learning curve. I've been on Android for four years, and I love it, and ICS is new to me with this phone. It's made some interesting, unexpected improvements over Gingerbread. But it's still Android, and performs as such (ie, well).

This review is basically about the battery. Which is insane.

My last phone was a Droid X running Gingerbread. Most days I didn't need to charge my phone until I went to bed at night, but I definitely needed to charge at night. Some days I'd come home from work and my battery would be just about dead (and die before I charged it at bedtime). Some days, if I was really hammering at it, I would need to charge during the day. This had become normal for me, and was only rarely a problem.

The Maxx? I mean, I use it a lot, but I can't seem to kill the battery. One night, shortly after I got it, it was down to 30 or 40 percent when I was going to bed, so I played a graphics heavy game for a while, trying to kill it. After an hour of play, I backed out of the game to check my power level-- I had barely done any damage at all. Perhaps I should have tried downloading something at the same time.

Yesterday I didn't use it much-- and I had it plugged in while I was using the navigation-- and 12 hours after leaving the house I was still at 100%. Any other phone I've had would have dropped some power in the interim, from processes and whatnot, but not this.

Why all phones can't do this yet is beyond me. But this is magical, and now I look at other people's Android powered phones that are down to 20% battery at the end of the day and mock them with my 60%.
on July 25, 2012
When I re-upped with Verizon, I chose this phone over the HTC Rezound. What a mistake. My previous phone was an HTC Incredible and I loved that phone. It was a 3G phone, so I wanted to upgrade to a 4G. The Verizon rep really talked up the RAZR Maxx. Perhaps they are told to do so. Not sure why. The phone locks up all of the time and the speaker is horrible. I'm seriously considering selling this phone and buying a HTC phone again.