Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 11, 2012
PROS:
- Very light and breathable.
- Lots of pockets
- Dries very fast.
CONS:
- The waist runs 2 sizes smaller. I had to return twice before I got the right size. They are very tight around the thighs. Several reviewers complain about this so be aware.
- The description says: "zip-closed side cargo pockets, and zip-closed back pockets". Wrong, there is just one side cargo pocket with a zip. Every other pocket is secured with a tiny velcro and because of that back pockets are definitely unsafe for carrying a wallet.
44 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2013
I'm wearing these pants as I write this review and they are thin and very lightweight, just a tad lighter than dress slacks but doesn't look cheap. The material is also very pliable (soft) so it feels very good. I'm not sure what they mean by 2-way comfort flex but the material does not seem to have any discernible stretch. However, there is some portions of elastic banding along the waistline. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but it does come with a removable belt shown in the pictures. The belt itself is also thin and lightweight.

I'm 5'7" at 160lbs and typically wear 32W 32L Express brand jeans, which are straight and slightly slim cut. Based on recommendations, I ordered two sizes higher at the waistline (34W) to avoid skinny tight fit at the thighs. I can somewhat agree with the recommendation, though it is just a tad baggy from what I'm used to and the waistline is loose without a belt. My recommendation would be one size higher (33W for me).

As far as length is concerned, I have mixed feelings about it. As pants, they seem longer than usual. These 34W 32L pants are indeed longer than my other brands, but for some it might be okay to "hug" over hiking shoes. For me, it was folded too much near the foot (too much break). BUT, as shorts they are too short. They barely go past my knee cap. So I would imagine that if I got the correct pant length, that the length of the shorts would be showing some thigh (and it looks that way in the pictures). I don't like short shorts so I'm keeping my copy (they don't have a 33W 32L) and hemming the pants portion.

The convertible feature is great. The zipper is nicely concealed all the way around the leg. Each zipper is labeled so that you know which portion goes to the right leg and left leg. If you are wondering, it does matter since the outside stitching is different from the inside stitching. From the inside, as pants, I can feel where the zipper line is located but its not bothersome one bit nor does it feel rough or sharp. The zipping action is smooth.

There are 6 pockets total. The 2 front ones are open and have a breathable mesh lining (like those inside certain beach shorts). Only the left side pocket is zippered, the rest of the pockets have a small velcro patch to keep it closed. There are no hidden pockets inside the pants, such as a key holder.

All in all, the fit and feel of the material by itself makes up for an awesome pair of pants that will make you feel very comfortable. As convertable pants they don't look nerdy and are not too bad in terms of style (as confirmed by my fiance). Sizing issues aside, these pants/shorts come highly recommended. Hope this helps.
on July 7, 2013
Two years ago I was at the Grand Canyon and bought a pair of similar pants for the first time. Apparently the "Titanium" version of these has stopped being produced, because I've looked /everywhere/ for them. It got to the point where I only had one pair of pants because I refused to get anything else, and the button was missing so I had to keep them on with the belt (provided). Finally, I gave up my quest for an identical pair and started hunting for a similar pair. Well, this is it. These are nearly identical to the pants I fell in love with, just a bit tighter from the knees up.

A few other reviewers mentioned getting these one size larger (waist) than you think you need, and I'm glad they did. I'm generally a 32"x32", but I got these in 34"x32" (to be fair, I'm a big 32", but usually not quite big enough for 34"). They're not uncomfortably tight, but the belt that comes with these pants basically does nothing for me at this point. Maybe in a few months they'll stretch out to a normal 34", but really, it's not an issue. Just don't try to kid yourself by ordering your "regular size" if you've put on a few pounds.

All in all, I think these pants look a bit nicer than the ones I'm used to, but I'm not a big fan of the tight crotch. My wife certainly enjoys the view, but you might feel a bit like you're walking around public in wall-climbing gear, if you know what I mean.

I would most certainly buy these again.
on February 1, 2014
Definitely a 5 star product. The fabric is very unique, feels like you aren't really wearing anything. Some of the reviews are saying that they fit small which I don't totally agree with. It is more of an athletic fit, maybe people aren't used to clothing that is more cut to your shape than just straight baggy from the belt. I ordered these one size larger around the waist and they fit exactly as I would thought they would, left a little room around the waist, but they come with the belt that is in the picture so its all good. If you have huge thighs or something than you may need bigger, but these are cut to be close to your leg so they can whisk sweat away from your skin, which they do very well.

Perfect outdoor pants for warm weather climates. I've wanted these since I first saw them a few years ago, but they were $90. I picked these up for $30 and truth be told, they are worth the $90 if you had to pay that much. These are now my go-to pants/shorts for outdoor activity.
on March 20, 2013
These pants are nice for wearing around camp in the morning when it's cool. Then you can zip the legs off for the comfort of hiking in shorts. They're also nice for wearing around town as either shorts or pants. The fabric is light and wicks away moisture well. I originally purchased a pair of these at REI but when on a backpacking trip in Yosemite one of the zippers on the legs broke. REI didn't have another pair in stock so I just returned them. But I liked the pants enough that I looked for another pair on Amazon. So far no problems with the new pair after a few months of use.
on March 17, 2014
I bought these to use as my primary hiking and backpacking pants/shorts and they are fantastic. They're super comfortable, lightweight, and look fine. However, I noticed that after just 2 days of use, the seat of my pants had begun to fray and will probably tear soon. This is due to sitting on the ground around the campfire, and on wooden benches. I would recommend to take caution in where you sit, but otherwise these are fantastic. Comes with its own belt, too.
on April 19, 2014
These pants are perfect for warm summer weather but they run 3 sizes to small around the waist. I ordered a 36 (I'm a 34) and it is still tight around the waist and thighs (sigh). Hopefully I can return it and get a bigger size before my trip next week. Guess I should have paid more attention to the reviews.
on May 14, 2014
I ordered these pants for my husband. I was able to get his size 3XL, which is remarkable considering his 6'6" frame! The pants were needed for my husband's work in the desert in Sudan. He has been there for a month and he said that the pants were a lifesaver, so comfortable and cool. He wants me to order more so that he won't have to wash so often!
on October 15, 2012
I bought these for fly fishing in Montana, prompted by the recommendation of a guide I used last summer. These pants are perfect for "wet" fishing. They're incredibly light weight and dry rapidly. I normally take a 34 waist but after reading some reviews here I ordered a 36 waist, which fit perfectly. The length was as advertised. I will definitely get more of these in the future.
on March 27, 2014
Satisfaction is key so get two sizes too big then they'll fit just right. This way they'll accommodate bigger legs and thighs.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.