Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,775 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,379 reviews
on April 12, 2013
The product itself is fantastic and my stars are based on the product being a great deal and a great device.

But for anyone thinking of buying from Amazon, be warned. I purchased one of these for someone on her birthday and it was listed as new. Amazon seems to only sell iPad minis from third party sellers, not from Amazon.com itself, meaning another company gets the iPads from any source they want, sends them to Amazon, and Amazon ships them. One of these sellers listed an iPad mini slightly above retail price, but cheaper than all of the other iPad minis on Amazon. In fact, when I searched for iPad mini, it was the seller and product page the site automatically directed me to. The page indicated it as new, and sold it to me via Amazon. When my friend got her iPad mini, it looked new, was packaged and sealed like new, but when she turned it on, it was tied to someone else's icloud account. I called apple and gave them the serial number. Sure enough, the item was used, only had about 60 days left in the warranty (instead of 90) and was registered through Apple to a different customer. If I wanted a used iPad Mini, I would have paid less. Much less.

I even emailed the user who had previously owned it (since her email address via iCloud was showing up when my friend tried to access the app store. I emailed the previous user just to make sure it wasn't a stolen product. She explained that she had purchased it a few weeks back from At&T, not from Amazon. She wanted a wifi + 3g version, not just wifi, so she returned it and somehow, the third party seller got their hands on it and sold it to me as new.

In the defense of of the third party seller, once I got their phone number from Amazon and called them (most seller numbers are not on Amazon, you have to call and request a phone number), they provided a scary explanation: They explained that there are problems with Amazon's FBA system (fulfillment). Sometimes, iPads are returned with nothing but index cards in the box and Amazon thinks there is an iPad inside. Sometimes, products mingle, and so another seller's used iPads might be with a different seller's new iPads. They explained that they have a very legitimate source of iPads and have been selling iPads for years and that this is a rare occurrence, although it has happened before. I have no way of verifying any of this, so I can't blame Amazon or the seller. All I can say is that for such a large purchase, and one that is a gift, you are better off buying from a major retail store that doesn't sell used items at all (or buying from Amazon when it is shipped and sold and fulfilled by Amazon). Right now, this product is actually on sale at Walmart.

Amazon refunded me but now my friend has to return her birthday gift. I recommend buying from someone other than Amazon. For this particular product, it's probably the cheaper route to do that anyway. If you do buy from Amazon, call Apple with your Serial Number and verify it is a new, unregistered product with a full 90 day warranty. Don't get scammed.
3737 comments| 3,682 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2016
I purchased this for school for my middle schooler. It arrived on time and it's pretty good condition but the screen had a darkened streak on the bottom of the screen. Not a big deal it's refurbished but after turning it on I realized it is extremely slow. Like so slow it takes 5-10 seconds after typing something for it to show up. And that was with absolutely nothing but factory apps on it. It was so slow to do anything that it was pretty much unusable. I purchased the black version for one of my other kids at the same time and even though it says they are pretty much the same the black one was so much better! I was able to return for a full refund without any issues so that's the reason for the 3 stars. If you're not worried about speed then it's a nice little tablet but if you need one that works decently then go with a different one. It's possible that I just got a bad one but from what I've heard from other people it's hit or is with this version of the iPad mini.
on May 20, 2015
I bought this iPad refurbished after doing months of research.
I wanted something at a discount from the newest mini, and I looked at all the models before deciding on this one. They are all the same size, so really its just the gHz and the camera that are improved, but I didn't care about those things so decided on this generation.

This mini is really one of my favorite purchases. I already own a macbook and an iphone, so it really was an impulse and convenience purchase, and one that I was hesitant to make (because I already have a lot of tech stuff). As I already own apple products and love them, I didn't look at any other tablets, so no comparisons here. But I am really happy with my purchase. I was worried that the mini would be way too small, but it is such a perfect size. It is super convenient and fits right in my purse - and it is so light I almost forget it's in there!

I bought this case from the seller Stephen Parnell, and I was super pleased with its condition. Honestly if I didn't know I bought a refurbished mini, I would think it was brand new! Some VERY, very small dings on one corner edge but that't it.
I feel like this device is a little slow to charge, which is a bit odd, but other than that, very pleased.
on June 16, 2016
We bought this to replace an iPad with a broken screen months ago and got the quality that was expected. No issues and has been working great since we've gotten it. I love apple products for many reasons but some of my top reasons are the ease of use, seriously my niece was just over a year old figuring this thing out and at the age of 3 there is pretty much nothing she cannot do on an iPad or iPhone. Also, I've never ever had an issue with a virus on an apple product yet I've had laptops and other brands slow down and stop working often. I do recommend this to anyone.
on January 14, 2016
I bought this item from Cell Center in May 2015. We kept it in a Lifeproof case. This fall it began to act weird. Typing on it's own. Opening one random app on top of another. Refusing to recognize our selections and selecting random things on screen sometimes in rapid sequences. We reset, then restored it then called Apple and tested it. Long story short whatever the refurbishment Call Center did it was incomplete as this is not a software issue but a hardware issue which most likely relates to the incomplete fixes Call Center did to band aid an ailing product making it last just long enough to get us past the return window. They will not make good on their product. Do not buy from them!
on March 6, 2014
I'll admit to being an Apple hater. My wife has had an iPhone and an iPad and loved them, and I've used Mac products for work, however, I'm an Android fan all the way. When it came time to get my own tablet, it was nearly a forgone conclusion that I would be getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab or something like it. However, when I went to Best Buy (who has to realize they are the show room for people to play with stuff before they buy here on Amazon, right?) to handle small tablets, I was not very impressed with the Samsung. It was nice and all, but came away feeling like it was an oversized phone. I reluctantly looked at the iPad Mini since it was the same price and came away impressed. It truly is the best small tablet out there. I took away one star because there are a few things I still prefer in the Android system to iOS, but really, if you want a small tablet, for now, get the iPad Mini.
on September 21, 2013
I purchased the iPad Mini for myself for relatively light gaming, and school purposes as I am a college student. I have to say, I am very pleased with this product as it is perfect for a student who is constantly on the go, like myself. It’s thin, light weight, and very portable. It fits perfectly in my purse (even with a Defender Series Otterbox on it) and keeps its charge through my school day MUCH better than my laptop!

The only minor drawback is, if you’re like me and have an iPhone, you’re going to see a noticeable difference in the crispness of the display. I never had a regular sized iPad, but from what I understand, the reason the images aren’t as perfect is because the iPad Mini doesn’t have the retina display. Again, to me this was a really minor drawback, and it doesn’t change my 5 star rating. I also had a strange problem getting my iPad Mini to connect to my Apple iTunes account so I could use iMessage and FaceTime. The problem somehow solved itself about 24 hours after activating it… Not sure what the problem was, but it hasn’t been an issue since.

I also just updated it with the new iOS 7 software, and it looks and operates perfectly! No glitches so far, and it’s looking like there won’t be any!

I would definitely recommend this product to college students who - like me - are tired of carting around their laptops, only to have the battery die in the middle of class!
on February 7, 2016
I am writing this review more than two years after I purchased this iPad mini, and I am writing this on the very same iPad. In all of this time I have never had a problem with my iPad, it still works as great as the day I received it in the mail. After about 1 1/2 years of using it I did have to replace the USB cord that it came with, but that was my fault, I got the cord caught in a door and it broke.
on May 9, 2016
Great little tablet. Very good feel to it, sleek, durable feeling, and very functional.

While the tech specifications are solid this model is more for the budget minded due to all the new versions on the market now. Still this product functions well, impresses, and has a standard workmanship that I have come to enjoy about higher end consumable tech. Having the capability of adding this device onto your data plan is much less expensive than it once was, and while I don't always use the 4G functionality, it is a definite nice to have.

Will this solve your computing needs? No. Will it function as fast as today's versions? No. Will it provide entertainment, function well, and be a step up from your tiny (by comparison) smartphone? Yes.
on August 10, 2017
I am please so far with my purchase. I was a bit hesitant to purchase refurbished electronics but this ipad only had very minimal barely visible scratching on the outside and the screen. I purchased this for my 17 months old son and his apps and next year ABC Mouse learning app only. Since it will be abused I didn't not want to purchase new. This is in great shape, functions great, and already took some abuse of my son deciding to stand on it. It was just as described, came with a small screen clean up pad and a charger.