Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on October 15, 2014
DON'T BUY FROM TRANSCEND! The products work poorly, and they won't replace them. When I sent them my drive, they just sent me a much cheaper model in exchange, saying mine couldn't be repaired or replaced. They didn't even send my drive back to me. I feel like thy just stole $200. They said I should ask Amazon for reimbursement but that Amazon wouldn't provide it. They take no responsibility for their shoddy products.
on November 14, 2013
It came on time and is still working after almost a year of daily use. I am using it in an i5 laptop running Fedora Linux. The system runs several times faster than with the original hard disk.
To reduce wear on the SSD, I maxed out the system RAM to 8GB, set the file systems to mount with noatime, and put /tmp in RAM with the lines below in /etc/fstab.
UUID=8d...fb / ext4 defaults,noatime,nodiratime,discard,errors=remount-ro 1 1
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,size=1024m 0 0
on April 2, 2013
This SSD has very good read/write specs, and has improved my home pc greatly. It was easy to install, mostly because I had some extra zip ties lying around, but partly because it comes with tiny screws that fit the mounting holes. I was sort of under the impression that it would come with a bracket, which I was excited about because I like things to look nice. It doesn't come with one, so I just "white-trashed" it up with the ties. This drive is great.
on May 28, 2013
Probably one of the best products I've ever purchased for a computer! Fast, silent and effective - what more could one ask?

I purchased this unit to use in a desktop: I have the OS loaded onto a smaller Transcend SSD and all the applications loaded onto this one. I use a standard 2T HD for storage.

I've been so impressed that I replaced the HD in my notebook with a larger Transcend SSD and built an HTPC around another of the 128 GB units.

And if you understood how frugal I am you'd appreciate how much I must value these devices to have purchased so many of them!
on January 28, 2013
I wanted to wait for some time before I post this review. It cost me around $350 at the time to buy this one. I use lots of virtual machines on top of host operating system. It is certainly faster compare to my previous SSDs. Really easy to install and 7mm profile makes it a viable option for future to move it to my laptop as well.
It is really worth for the work I have been doing and saves me lot of time (in terms of application loading and overall performance with virtual machines).
on December 21, 2012
I have a 3 ½ year old MacBook Pro that I put this drive in and it now is extremely fast. Startup time is much less that half of the previous HDD. Awesome SSD. I'd recommend to anyone looking to boost performance.
on March 30, 2015
great product
on September 17, 2014
awesome i use them for my blackmagic camera
on December 20, 2012
It was a simple process. Plug it in. It works great. I love it. I would recommend it to anyone.
Edit-October 2013, still no problems. Great SSD.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.