Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 14, 2015
I brought this Camera in 2012 and used it for 3 years. I went Disney, Universal Studio, SeaWorld, Bush Garden, INDIA and many places. The camera works great. The most important feature this camera have, Aperture : F2.7 - F5.9 , 24-120mm Equivalent Lens. You need wider angle for family or group or landscape pictures. Aperture 2.7 means more light goes into camera and clearer image. All other features are OK and you can find better in other cameras. If you don't understand importance of Lens Aperture 2.7 then search for SLR camera lens whose Aperture start from 1.8 or 2.0 on wards and read their review. Cheapest among them is Canon EF 50mm f/1.8. Only 4 Starts because of poor Battery Life. In a compact camera battery must last long enough to cover a day of shooting ( Excluding video).
on October 16, 2012
I left my compact digital camera in a taxi in Hanoi, Vietnam, and never saw it again. When I got back to the USA, I selected this Canon PowerShot ELPH 320 as a replacement because of the following:
1. Compact
2. Reasonable zoom
3. 16.1 BP CMOS sensor
4. 1080p Video
The camera of course meets these specifications. But I find it annoying in part because it has a touch sensitive screen. I'm constantly accidentally changing settings or changing the mode.
Also, at least in Auto mode, the delay between pushing the shutter button and taking a photo is so long that I miss many of the photos I'm trying to take.
Despite the high pixel resolution, the images are not better than the 14 MP camera I left in the taxi. I find I need to adjust almost every photo using PhotoShop to get a decent dynamic range.
As a pocket-sized camera, this is OK, but it doesn't live up the expected quality, given its specifications.
If you get it for a substantially discounted price, and if you are not a serious photographer, it will be a good deal.
The camera does what I need while I'm teaching in Vietnam - to capture photos of my students and their projects for Facebook. When I'm home, I use a single lens reflex that takes the photo the instant I press the shutter release, and I can't use this pocket camera except when I don't want to carry the larger camera.
5 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on March 28, 2013
I absolutely love this camera. Takes smashing pictures. I have a Canon digital slr which is bulky to carry around. Love that the elph fits in my pocket. Feels like a deck of cards, barely noticeable. This camera does so well on auto you might be tempted to just let the camera do its thing but I love the manual settings and the options for doing cool and creative things. I have no problem with the menu or the responsiveness of the LCD screen that some reviewers have mentioned. I suspect that it may just be personal experience/preference. I'm an experience camera user and comfortable with tweaking settings and manual controls. This camera has packed so many features and incredible technology in a small package and the price? Well you would expect to pay a lot more for the feature set this camera offers. Bottom line: I am a happy camper!! :)
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on July 22, 2014
Found this named the top inexpensive point-and-shoot from The Wirecutter blog (sort of like a blog version of Consumer Reports, where they test and vet all kinds of electronics) and I've been pretty happy with it in my year of ownership. It's very programmable if you know specific settings, and has a lot of preset lighting conditions or situational conditions to choose from. In low light it can produce a fuzzy image, but that's pretty common for point-and-shoots. One nice thing is that it is wireless enabled, so I could pull photos off my camera onto my iPad and iPhone even without internet available using the Canon iPhone app. You can connect it to a regular wifi network as well, and transfer photos that way. The advanced settings are a little complex for someone who hasn't used more sophisticated cameras, but if you put it on the default setting you'll end up with fairly good photographs. Oh, and I've never had a single photo with red eye taken with this camera. A great casual-use camera.
on August 17, 2014
This camera rocks my socks! No really, it's a great little point-n-shoot. If you add the hacked up firmware to a SDcard and boot that up, it's pretty spectacular, too. The wireless features are not optimal, in my opinion, but they work well enough to get on a WPA2 protected network, and connect up to iPhones, computers, or Android devices. The touch screen is also a little weird on how it responds, but it's quite usable. Resolution is fantastic, and quality in low-light is excellent. HDR elements are strong on this unit, too. If you're looking for an economical, but very, very good little point-n-shoot, this is a strong candidate for you!
on November 15, 2016
I bought this camera because I have nerve damage in my first finger from years and years of professional photography. I figured that I have taken around 800,000 photos in my life. That's a few. This camera allows me to use my right thumb to touch the screen and take the shot. The only drawback I have determined is that when using the touchscreen you cannot see the effect of the exposure compensation changes until you have taken the photo. You also cannot take the photo when the exposure compensation graph is displayed. Luckily I'm pretty good a determining what I think the correct exposure should be. One can always do some post production editing on a computer to fine tune the shots but the I'm sorta old school and remember the days of film when it had to be right the first time. The Wi fi is fun too.
on July 22, 2013
I bought this product while in the US and brought it back to Europe. The wifi is way too complicated to set up and it has in fact been impossible for met to get going - and while I am not a geek I am not totally lost either. It has not been possible for me to make the necessary registration of the product through the Canon Image Gateway software since the product is not sold where I am in Europe. Amazing Canon would launch such a frankly s***ty wifi-enabled product. I have had good Canon products in the past but will never ever by another one unless they make these far easier to set up and provide understandable customer information and service. Stay away from this if you plan to by it for its stated wifi capabilities.
5 helpful votes
on January 7, 2013
Why does everything have to be touch these days? With old canons you could just point/shoot and adjust even with gloves on or in the rain. With this camera, a little drizze on the screen and it goes nuts when you try to touch it (capacitive issues). Also, with a knob or button option you could make quick adjustments, now with touch you have to hope the option is on your screen or go through a bunch of menus meaning you either leave it in full auto or miss the shot. Finally, the battery is pretty small and with the screen running all the time it drains the battery quickly. Get an extra battery or recharge often.
on November 24, 2014
Love this camera; it has all the features I need in a compact point-and-shoot. My only complaint is that the wi-fi feature stopped working after a few months, so no more wireless transmittal of the photos. I love the movie digest, and loved the wi-fi feature until it stopped working. It takes clear photos and sharp videos.
on January 19, 2013
This camera is compact with a decent MP count. It takes good pics. However, you can NOT transmit your pics directly
to Facebook, Picasa, etc when you are in a hotel or internet cafe away from home. Canon should be much clearer
about this in its product description. The camera can NOT accept the terms and conditions of a hotel wi-fi.

You must carry a tablet or notebook with you, which has been set up to recognize the camera. You must download
your pics to the computer, before uploading to the social media or pic site.

If you are thinking the touchscreen is similar to a smartphone's, it is not. It is much harder to "touch" the function you
would like to select...and you must scroll through functions in order...not just touch the function you want.

I have always purchased Canon cameras and this camera has the same quality as the previous ones. Just don't expect
it to upload directly to Facebook, etc and don't expect the "touch" navigation screen to perform like your smartphone.
Canon, please make this crystal clear in your product description!
7 helpful votes