BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 28, 2017
Its very good but the processing is to slow I'd buy a LG next time
on January 15, 2014
This 55 inch tv is simply awesome. The picture is perfectly clear. The 3D is a feature I hoped would be of interest to my 5 young grandsons and it did not disappoint. I am very pleased with this purchase.
on September 27, 2013
Let's start with the 3D feature...it is absolutely marvelous. The 3D is passive with several pairs of 3D glasses and is easy on the eyes, superior sound and a crisp picture makes for a very enjoyable 3D viewing experience. As for the other features.....the 240 hz really makes a BIG difference when it comes to watching fast-moving sports. Motion blur is non-existence as is the soap opera effect. I've only had the set for 2 weeks and I can't stop watching it. The size of the set is very impressive and the setup was very easy. The weight of the set is such that I was able to lift it alone and place it where I want it. The bezel is made of glass and is kinda of heavy. The TV has a swivel base that makes it easy to turn the set in either direction. This LED TV nay not be the perfect passive 3D set on the market, but in my eyes. it sure is a strong contender (at least in the 55inh size range. The sheer size of the set will knock your socks off). I would highly recommend this set to anyone.
on August 19, 2013
very nice tv great price. great picture no bezel design is awesome. volume on toshibas is always a little light
on February 27, 2013
I like the unit with following quirks..
Some shows on CBS look very dark on the screen... may just be how they were taped as they are usually drama/cop shows. When I switch to another channel, picture is great.

Also have issue that shows up sometimes where I get a message that a software update is available. If I click OK, it tells me to wait while it downloads and if I do anything, it could make the TV inoperable.... so I wait. Then I get a message that no update is available. A day or so later, I get the same notice about an update. I've been saying "no" to the upgrade, but it is a hassle to do so as I have to use the TV remote and not the Dish remote... juggling multiple remotes to handle this one issue.
on January 28, 2013
The picture quality is great. We aren't happy with the volume of sound that comes out of it. (Our hearing is fine). we supplement the sound by using a home theater with 5.1 surround sound.
on January 6, 2013
will not turn on, i've spent more time behind the tv turning it on and off and unplugging it to reset it than watching it! when it did work it looked great, trying to get money back for the tv.
on May 21, 2013
I purchased this tv from microcenter yesterday, and could not be happier. 55 inches and a beautiful, clear bright picture. I paid 899 for it. The 3d is great. It is passive 3d, which is viewable with glasses which do not require batteries. It converts 2d to 3d with the flick of a switch on the included universal remote. it has 240 hz refresh rate, and sports and fast moving objects look great. it has a very slim bezel and seems to float on its stand. It also includes a wireless keyboard for surfing the net, and 4 pair of toshiba branded 3d glasses in the box. the set includes 4 hdmi inputs as well as a plethora of other inputs including 2 usb ports. The toshiba 55l7200u is a great product, and one should not hesitate to buy it. Blu ray movies look wonderful. The only minor thing about the set is the sound which has to be brought up about 60 percent during the day. However this is not a deal breaker because it is loud enough, and actually produces good sound reproduction. The tv is very slim, and its stand is stable and turns side to side. This tv competes as well as much more expensive samsungs and LG. Great set.
on June 17, 2013
UPDATED - May 2014 -

After using this TV for 17 months, I turned it on tonight, and it would not boot up past the Toshiba logo start-up screen. I have looked online on numerous Toshiba forums, and apparently it is a fried motherboard, which will need to be replaced. There are already several irate owners out there who have been told that their units are out of warranty, and Toshiba won't cover the repair/replacement.

DON'T BUY THIS TV!!!

- - - - -
(My earlier review:

Having used the 55L7200U for the past 6 months, I have to say that I am quite disappointed with this set, especially with its smart tv capabilities.

To begin with , the wifi connection keeps dropping, despite being less than 30 feet from my router, and it forgets my password settings each time, I have to manually re-login every time. This takes about 5 minutes each time, I can honestly say that this happens at least twice a week.

The 'smart TV' part of this set is very frustrating to operate. It looks and feels as if all of the various components were hobbled together. The media player is quite basic and does not allow for many popular movie formats, such as XVID, etc. Due to all of these annoying setbacks, I end up using my WD box most of the time.

The TV picture itself is decent and the sound is surprisingly good, but if you are not using this as a smart tv, you can probably get a better deal on another set.
on October 10, 2014
Nice clear picture- worked great, until it didn't. Motherboard failed in less than 2 years. Very disappointing. It's wall mounted with good air circulation. Called Toshiba support, and they confirmed the dead motherboard after redoing the troubleshooting steps.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question